Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Him I'm 17 and as of lately I've been having doubts about my salvation and Ive been doing some research on how to know I'm saved signs I'm saved stuff like that. I was looking at videos and found some on easy believeism and lordship Salvation. I watched alot of videos on both and I personally swing towards easy believeism. But I still disagree with it. IN my humble opinion to be saved you have to have an acknowledgement that you are a sinner in need of Jesus Christ. And acknowledge that he died on the cross for you sins and you can only be saved through his works and believing and having faith in him to save you from your sins. Then go and pray to God to forgive you of yours sins confess all of my known sins to God ask for forgiveness and repent of my sins. Then after that if you have received the holy spirit and if you really believe and want to have a relationship with Jesus Christ there will be a Change in your life. I'm not saying you will never sin again no we all will and fall short of the glory of God but I believe there will be some sort of Change. You will want to not sin and have the holy spirit guiding you to help you not sin as much but inevitably it happens. Now I know there is alot of scripture that points to easy believeism being true and then lordship Salvation being true. But I believe they are normally taken out of context. I'm sure some will comment on both sides of the spectrum but I just wanted to ask what your guys opinion is and if my view on being saved is biblical have a great day God bless.

Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans 10: 13 says, "for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

This isn't a "once for all call" that many pray as a get out of jail free card or fire insurance.
Jesus asked some people in another place, "Why do you call me Lord and not do the things I've said."

Genuine Christianity is marked by repentance and obedience. It would also help to define what a Christian is. I believe someone that cries out to God with a sincere heart will be saved. If that is backed by godly sorrow and an understanding of the GOSPEL then Jesus said He'll turn noone away that comes to Him. However, that's just the start that gets you in the race. There is such a thing as a perseverance of the saints. And there is such a thing as falling away from the faith. i won't delve into eternal/conditional salvation here. But you need to know one thing. God knows our hearts. He knows if you are sincere about following Him or not. And I pray what He knows, He'll make known to you. God bless!

Upvote 0

God is good777

Mar 26, 2020
Panhandle of idaho
✟29,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well as I mentioned I sometimes have doubts about my salvation and if God is real and if there is a reason for all this but I do sincerely want to know God to love him and to obey him as best as I can. I want to believe in him with all my heart and one day have no doubts at all. I know it's a journey for all of us and I have sincerely Cried out to God I've been in tears at times. Crying out to him for help and to save me of my sins I want to sin no more but my sin nature is still there I just am scared somtisome I'm not saved. Even tho almost everyone I've talked to that are Christians have told me I am saved or at least they sure think I am some of them have known me since I was 8 years old and then there's my parents as well. I just want to love God and trust him with all my heart that hes got me and he knows my heart. I want him to know my heart.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well as I mentioned I sometimes have doubts about my salvation and if God is real and if there is a reason for all this but I do sincerely want to know God to love him and to obey him as best as I can. I want to believe in him with all my heart and one day have no doubts at all. I know it's a journey for all of us and I have sincerely Cried out to God I've been in tears at times. Crying out to him for help and to save me of my sins I want to sin no more but my sin nature is still there I just am scared somtisome I'm not saved. Even tho almost everyone I've talked to that are Christians have told me I am saved or at least they sure think I am some of them have known me since I was 8 years old and then there's my parents as well. I just want to love God and trust him with all my heart that hes got me and he knows my heart. I want him to know my heart.

He already knows your heart. Trust in God, follow Christ, take it one day at a time, pray, serve, love, and let God keep working on you. Study Scripture. Live out what you read there. Ask for God's help and forgiveness when you sin, and keep going.

Don't over think your faith journey, friend.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Him I'm 17 and as of lately I've been having doubts about my salvation and Ive been doing some research on how to know I'm saved signs I'm saved stuff like that. I was looking at videos and found some on easy believeism and lordship Salvation. I watched alot of videos on both and I personally swing towards easy believeism. But I still disagree with it. IN my humble opinion to be saved you have to have an acknowledgement that you are a sinner in need of Jesus Christ. And acknowledge that he died on the cross for you sins and you can only be saved through his works and believing and having faith in him to save you from your sins. Then go and pray to God to forgive you of yours sins confess all of my known sins to God ask for forgiveness and repent of my sins. Then after that if you have received the holy spirit and if you really believe and want to have a relationship with Jesus Christ there will be a Change in your life. I'm not saying you will never sin again no we all will and fall short of the glory of God but I believe there will be some sort of Change. You will want to not sin and have the holy spirit guiding you to help you not sin as much but inevitably it happens. Now I know there is alot of scripture that points to easy believeism being true and then lordship Salvation being true. But I believe they are normally taken out of context. I'm sure some will comment on both sides of the spectrum but I just wanted to ask what your guys opinion is and if my view on being saved is biblical have a great day God bless.
You have a good understanding of the initial salvation experience. One of the problems with modern Christian teaching is that there is little mention of the reason why God saves us. We should be preaching and teaching the Kingdom of God. It's not enough to make converts. We should be making disciples. I got born again when I accepted Christ as saviour. I was not told about Jesus being Lord at that time. I did not know what being born again was about. I knew nothing of baptism and other aspects of the Christian life that are important. I knew that I was different (and so did my navy colleagues) and I knew that my sins were forgiven. I was, due to circumstances, pretty much on my own.

I had to learn a great deal. The Lord led me all over the place and I began to learn some of the great truths that I'd not heard at first.

The word "salvation" really should be removed from Christian vocabulary. It's been devalued to the point where it just means going to heaven when you die. A better word is "deliverance." Progressively, we should experience deliverance from sin, Satan, the world system and our worst enemy - self. This is known as the "Salvation of the Soul" in the Bible.

"Easy believism" is just wrong. Getting sins forgiven and being born again costs nothing. That's only the start. Being a disciple and a Kingdom Christian costs you everything.

Upvote 0

God is good777

Mar 26, 2020
Panhandle of idaho
✟29,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You have a good understanding of the initial salvation experience. One of the problems with modern Christian teaching is that there is little mention of the reason why God saves us. We should be preaching and teaching the Kingdom of God. It's not enough to make converts. We should be making disciples. I got born again when I accepted Christ as saviour. I was not told about Jesus being Lord at that time. I did not know what being born again was about. I knew nothing of baptism and other aspects of the Christian life that are important. I knew that I was different (and so did my navy colleagues) and I knew that my sins were forgiven. I was, due to circumstances, pretty much on my own.

I had to learn a great deal. The Lord led me all over the place and I began to learn some of the great truths that I'd not heard at first.

The word "salvation" really should be removed from Christian vocabulary. It's been devalued to the point where it just means going to heaven when you die. A better word is "deliverance." Progressively, we should experience deliverance from sin, Satan, the world system and our worst enemy - self. This is known as the "Salvation of the Soul" in the Bible.

"Easy believism" is just wrong. Getting sins forgiven and being born again costs nothing. That's only the start. Being a disciple and a Kingdom Christian costs you everything.
Thank you for that I believe I understand what you mean as it does say in the Bible some will receive rewards others will not. IN the Bible i believe that is talking about the fact that some make it farther than others in the senes of obeying God and Thier relationship with him correct me if I'm wrong on that tho. thank you again for your comment

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you for that I believe I understand what you mean as it does say in the Bible some will receive rewards others will not. IN the Bible i believe that is talking about the fact that some make it farther than others in the senes of obeying God and Thier relationship with him correct me if I'm wrong on that tho. thank you again for your comment
Yes. The reward in this life is to be set free from the things that bind us and make life burdensome. In the next life, there is the reward of placement in the Kingdom of God. I've been through times that I did not see how I could survive. God got me through. Every hard experience reduced my self-dependence and brought me into greater dependence on Lord Jesus. We grow in the hard times. It's not fun but it is absolutely worth it.

• Useful
Reactions: Amittai
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟208,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
it's not "easy believing" but the forgiveness of sins is grace, an act of God, not your own doing, just through believing that He did that for you.
Now let me ask you this. Do you really believe in God that hates sin if you just keep sinning without putting any effort to abstain from sin? Do you really love God while you knowingly and intentionally do things that He hates and disappoint Him?
So there's going to be changes in your life, and the Holy Spirit helps guide you and convict you when you sin so you can recognize when you do it and repent from it.
But it's not those changes that justify you, Jesus already did that. those changes sanctify you, and conform you to the image of Christ. Part of faith is trying to do His will even though we're imperfect and stumble along the way.

Reactions: A_JAY
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

God is good777

Mar 26, 2020
Panhandle of idaho
✟29,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
it's not "easy believing" but the forgiveness of sins is grace, an act of God, not your own doing, just through believing that He did that for you.
Now let me ask you this. Do you really believe in God that hates sin if you just keep sinning without putting any effort to abstain from sin? Do you really love God while you knowingly and intentionally do things that He hates and disappoint Him?
So there's going to be changes in your life, and the Holy Spirit helps guide you and convict you when you sin so you can recognize when you do it and repent from it.
But it's not those changes that justify you, Jesus already did that. those changes sanctify you, and conform you to the image of Christ. Part of faith is trying to do His will even though we're imperfect and stumble along the way.
I agree with you 100 percent if we are truly following Jesus we will be changed the change does not save us but it does happen to those who are truly saved. Thank you for those words God bless.

Upvote 0

God is good777

Mar 26, 2020
Panhandle of idaho
✟29,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. The reward in this life is to be set free from the things that bind us and make life burdensome. In the next life, there is the reward of placement in the Kingdom of God. I've been through times that I did not see how I could survive. God got me through. Every hard experience reduced my self-dependence and brought me into greater dependence on Lord Jesus. We grow in the hard times. It's not fun but it is absolutely worth it.
I agree I believe I'm in a hard time right now but when I get out of it my faith a dependence in God will be even greater than before praise God threw the hard times and the good times !

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

When we do something for our brothers like you are encouraging us here now. :)

Upvote 0

Emsmom1

Nov 6, 2019
Los Angeles
✟41,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I am a new believer and lordship salvation confuses me. It seems like, if true, then when we believe we are not given eternal life but the possibility of eternal life--if we are good enough. So, how is that different from works-based salvation? Then again, I can't imagine God being okay with someone who completely turns away. So, yeah, I'm confused.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion, what you've written in the opening post is right on target, but...

salvation by faith and not at all by our own striving isn't what people mean by "easy believeism."

Easy believeism is clearly wrong, but just about everybody knows it to be wrong.

That's a term of derision meaning that if you think you've had a conversion experience, you can do just about anything you want thereafter, willful sin included, and you're still home free. You didn't sympathize with anything like those sentiments in your remarks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

God is good777

Mar 26, 2020
Panhandle of idaho
✟29,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In my opinion, what you've written in the opening post is right on target, but...

salvation by faith and not at all by our own striving isn't what people mean by "easy believeism."

Easy believeism is clearly wrong, but just about everybody knows it to be wrong.

That's a term of derision meaning that if you think you've had a conversion experience, you can do just about anything you want thereafter, willful sin included, and you're still home free. You didn't sympathize with anything like those sentiments in your remarks.
I don't believe that easy believeism or lordship salvation are correct but after hearing and looking into both of them I wanted some opinions on them. I Believe if someone is truly saved there will be a change of heart it may not be a huge change or instant Change but none the less change. And obviously some will change faster than others. And at times we will stumble and sin after all none of us are perfect and we need God every steps of the way on our journey. Without him we won't make it far at all.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am a new believer and lordship salvation confuses me. It seems like, if true, then when we believe we are not given eternal life but the possibility of eternal life--if we are good enough. So, how is that different from works-based salvation? Then again, I can't imagine God being okay with someone who completely turns away. So, yeah, I'm confused.
Romans 8.38-39 is very clear about the true believer's eternal security.

Upvote 0

A_JAY

Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2017
North Central
✟486,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think there is anything controversial at all about so called Lordship Salvation. It has been the way the Gospel has been taught for 2,000 years. "Lordship Salvation" is a label that "Easy Believism" put on it. And it's just plain wrong. Those labels appeared in the 1980s.
Easy Believism also called Cheap Grace, antinomianism. If you hear a Preacher throwing around the term "Lordship Salvation" negatively run away as fast as you can.

And doubt is something that folks go through now and then. It is only a feeling. Keep your gaze on the Cross of Jesus Christ. I can't believe that a person goes through life without any assurance of his final destination.

I also don't believe that a person goes to a revival walks up front and they pray the prayer, and bing bing you are saved. One and done! It is a life-long process.
That being said I can agree with posts 2,3,5,7,8,9,15 and many others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_JAY

Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2017
North Central
✟486,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And this
He already knows your heart. Trust in God, follow Christ, take it one day at a time, pray, serve, love, and let God keep working on you. Study Scripture. Live out what you read there. Ask for God's help and forgiveness when you sin, and keep going.

Don't over think your faith journey, friend.
+

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
G-i-G and Emsmom, we are saved by faith for subsequent works. The latter works will be Holy Spirit fuelled prayer and caring, such that we help our brothers and sisters grow in mature fruits and virtues likewise (this is what trading with the talents, and gaining a crown, is). We get closer to Jesus partly through pondering the many-layered meaning of Scriptures.

Assurance is something we can infer.

Upvote 0