Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have lived in both sides of the State and it has been nice that I can move around and still have the same Christian fellowship, for the gathering I am with has assemblies in various places which are very much the same in faith and beliefs. We see the Christian faith as only Scriptural without the innovations of men, which kind of speaks to me of "unity of the faith".

I have lived most of my life in E. Wash. State and I like the diversity there. In the Tri-Cities we have a mild winter and quite warm summers, but it suits me. I also like Spokane a lot.

I lived a short time in the wet side of the mountain (Seattle) and the congestion of traffic was a bit too much, but they have nice summer weather and its beautiful in the open country (outside the cities).

Most people from other States think of the rainy side of the State when they hear of Washington, but I prefer a dryer climate. I have relatives in the eastern States that wonder if the Indians are a danger to people in Eastern Washington (they don't know we are civilized today).

- 1 Watchman

Last edited:
R

RedLioness

I have lived in both sides of the State and it has been nice that I can move around and still have the same Christian fellowship, for the gathering I am with has assemblies in various places which are very much the same in faith and beliefs. We see the Christian faith as only Scriptural without the innovations of men, which kind of speaks to me of "unity of the faith".

I have lived most of my life in E. Wash. State and I like the diversity there. In the Tri-Cities we have a mild winter and quite warm summers, but it suits me. I also like Spokane a lot.

I lived a short time in the wet side of the mountain (Seattle) and the congestion of traffic was a bit too much, but they have nice summer weather and its beautiful in the open country (outside the cities).

Most people from other States think of the rainy side of the State when they hear of Washington, but I prefer a dryer climate. I have relatives in the eastern States that wonder if the Indians are a danger to people in Eastern Washington (they don't know we are civilized today).

- 1 Watchman

I find living here in Eastern Washington State to be rather wet, yes. Listening to the song "let it rain" by newsboys recalls this. Other than the magnificent mountain ranges or the pleasant fall weather I really have no idea why you would want to live here in the west. My mom and dad left Florida because they insisted "it was too hot and had mosquitoes." But sometimes I miss a more tropical climate, you know? I have no diea what the beaches up here have to offer me, the last time we went deep out west to the beach it was brown coarse muddy sand and (i was disappointed) where were the white beaches? There was none. Just muddy, we brownish looking sand. Or dirt. Whichever.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, bugs are common wherever you have high humidity. In Eastern Washington we don't have that, but mosquitoes can be a problem in some places. In the Tri-Cities it is a dry heat so the bugs don't bug us much. We have a Mosquito Control Board (not a big flat paddle), which spray at certain times of the year by airplane and around neighborhoods. I have noticed that when you get older the squiters leave you alone ---bad blood I guess. Anyway, its a beautiful place to live here on the Columbia River, Yakima River, and Snake River which join here.

- 1 Watchman

Upvote 0
D

DeaneRenata

Yes, bugs are common wherever you have high humidity. In Eastern Washington we don't have that, but mosquitoes can be a problem in some places. In the Tri-Cities it is a dry heat so the bugs don't bug us much. We have a Mosquito Control Board (not a big flat paddle), which spray at certain times of the year by airplane and around neighborhoods. I have noticed that when you get older the squiters leave you alone ---bad blood I guess. Anyway, its a beautiful place to live here on the Columbia River, Yakima River, and Snake River which join here.

- 1 Watchman

I don't like reading this. o.o

Upvote 0
D

DeaneRenata

- 1 Watchman

Way back in 2003 I went to something called the Christian teen conference in California, it was a day at six flags and preaching at west coast baptist college (which was boring).

:boredsleep:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

DeaneRenata

- 1 Watchman

Hi. Sometimes I find real life to be sort of hard, and taxing. I call Washington State my home, and I live in a gray house here but sometimes other people are a bother. I like to YouTube and stuff but whatever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are in to February and it has been mostly sunny and temps 40-50F here in SE Washington, with only an occasional sprinkle of rain and no wind. This is quite mild for the month, but I see that even N.Y. has mild weather today --strange weather patterns everywhere in the whole world since last summer. How is it in your area of Washington?

Maybe the Lord will give us a nice summer here (and maybe He will come and take us up to Himself soon --my great hope).

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spring has sprung here in the Tri-Cities. Trees are in bloom and little spring flowers are opening. Today is warm and sunny and only a slight breeze. We hope to have a reunion of our kids and grandkids this afternnoon for dinner in the yard. Weather across the nation has been very different the past few months, but it has been quite normal here thankfully.

Our Lord gives us what is needed, I believe, whether to balance out conditions for the good of the earth, or in the case of damaging storms, maybe to get the attention of people for a little more humility before God??? I tend to not just take weather as a happen-stance, as some would say.

Upvote 0

Saol

The Pirate Who Doesn't Do Anything
Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
✟7,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I moved up here to Moses Lake a couple years ago from Arkansas, and other than missing trees and mountains, it's been a pretty good experience, though I hope to someday move either to Spokane Valley area, or further west, or even into Oregon. But for now it's pretty nice here.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Saol. We lived in Moses Lake for a few years before coming to the tri-cities. Before that we were in Spokane ---and much earlier in Seattle for a short time. Richland is our favorite place. You should also explore Winthrop up in Northeast Washington. It is a really nice frontier type town (great fishing) and the entrance to the North Cascade highway over to the Monroe and Bellingham area.

We love this State, but also Idaho and Oregon. This summer we have plans with all our family to go to the Oregon Beach for a week or two. They have the best beaches of anyplace. The Puget Sound is also a very nice place to vacation and visit quaint villages.

Moses Lake is about the center of the State, so it is fairly easy to go East or West for visits or shopping. We liked M.L. too.

Upvote 0