Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Portland Zoo is really nice with many animals, and we went there this year after not being there for about five years --much improved. Yes, Tri-Cities in Washington is also on the Columbia River --see a map.

Look up always, and trust the Lord!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Each day my wife and I read together and meditate on a page in STREAMS IN THE DESERT, by C. E. Cowman (available at Zondervan.com). It always is a blessing and encouragement, and this day is no exception. I recommend it along with your daily Bible chapter readings. One will be blessed and strengthened for the day.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did others here see the Sunday news November 3 by Associated Press about calamities facing the world? It was a release by an international science group studying weather and climate. It shows a dismal picture of failures in agriculture, and the subsequent ruin of crops, with resultant poverty, economic collapse worldwide, increasing crime, floods, drought, and storms. It sounds like a picture of what the Book of Revelation shows of the approaching Tribulation Time. One can read this article in Associated Press news; also see a paper on the GENERAL THEOLOGY section of CF site herein.

Hopefully it will at least awaken many souls to look to God and His Word for mankind.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A BLESSING EVERYDAY

My wife and I read daily meditations in the good little book: STREAMS IN THE DESERT, by Mrs. C. Cowman, and it really proves uplifting ---a very old book available at most Bible Book Stores. Beside daily Bible readings, try adding these thoughts for a blessing.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This year is coming to an end. Again some of us are remembering and giving thanks for the gift of God's love in sending His Son to mankind. I hope all readers here are rejoicing in God's blessing, and trusting the Savior --our Lord Jesus, the Christ.

The weather and climate is a bit extreme all over the USA this year. We don't have snow (which is typical here) but it is cold ---hitting single digits at night sometimes and mostly in the teens; but daytime has been in the 20's and 30's F. I am thankful for the sunshine most days which keeps our spirits up through it all.

Have a happy and godly holiday. Look up always, and trust the Lord for His care!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very nice and sunny day here and 43 F so we had a good walk for a change. We are sorry for easterners with much snow and blizzards, and pray for help and keeping to all. God is overall and allows weather to meet the needs, but always cares for His own saints. He may come this year, for all things are in place according to Scripture. Look up always!

I invite friends to visit the informative site at www.biblecounsel.net , which I see as with most helpful ministry for the Church worldwide. One can ask questions there about the truth of God.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2/8/14: About 10 degrees F in Tri-cities and 5 inches of snow ---very unusual weather for us. Should be in 40 - 50 F. Everywhere the weather is extreme, it appears. Scientists say it is just a passing cycle and it will change in a few years???

I can't help but wonder if this is not a prelude to the time of the great Tribulation, which God said will fall worldwide after He takes His Church (the Bride of Christ) home to glory (Matt. 24:7-8). The extremes are not just weather, for we are seeing greater immorality, rebellion against social order, dysfunctional governments, educational institutions teaching against God, hatred for God, indulging self, etc., etc. Well, look up friends and worship and trust the Lord!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its supposed to be 60+F today here, and is presently sunny this morning. How is it where you are? Hoping you have a good day in communion with the Lord --whether sun, rain, or snow!

I found a very nice thought this morning in reading Streams In The Desert -by Mrs. C. Cowman. I much recommend you get this little book of daily readings at a Bible Book Store.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today it came up to 80 F here in Eastern Washington and is very pleasant, though I realize that people from humid States would find the dry heat here uncomfortable, but us natives love this. We got our lawn mowed (my wife and I taking turns --for we aren't young anymore), and we tended our garden and are pleased with things growing there.

I understand that the summer forecast is for hot and dry, and poor California and some other Southwest States are already suffering severe draught. We can pray for God's mercies. The Lord has allowed extremes in climate and weather everywhere it appears --even in Europe. How is it where you are?

Again I will refer readers to the very inspiring book: Streams In The Desert, and note that in today's message it was most encouraging. Every believer in Christ should read this little book daily, for very sound thoughts by godly saints which are true to the Word of God, I find. We need dependable counsel like that in our walk!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about 105 F here on July 30th compared to what you have? --a rare thing here, though 90's in summer is normal. Phoenix is only a bit warmer. Climate and weather all over the world is extreme, and while scientists say it is just a normal cycle in history, I can't help but wonder if it is the hand of God in warning of worst things to come, as we approach the Tribulation Time which will be devastating. He says: get ready!

Personally I think the translation of the Church out of this world will happen sooner than many Christians think --likely within 20 years (a loose guess based on some calculations I made). Well, whatever happens I am ready, for my trust is in my Savior --the Lord Jesus, the Christ of God. Look up always, friends, and read your Bible daily.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it officially Winter yet? We got a sprinkle of snow today (and was gone in an hour). Some called it our winter snow storm ---usually we get snow and cold weather in January or February, if any. In the Tri-cities area it is different than most places in this State.

I feel sorry for States east of the Rockies, for they are in for much snow and freezing, according to the Weather Channel. A dry winter is predicted out West this winter. That means trouble next summer with no run-off for irrigation; and perhaps trouble with more wild fires.

Well, God is overall and gives us what He chooses for mankind and His world. We just need to always be in submission and trusting God for all His care. Without Him we are left to our own devices, and that certainly won't be good for eternity. Let me invite friends to visit the sound site at Bible Counsel to see the current messages for man and God's plans. Look up always, and have a nice Christmas holiday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are now into January 2015, and we wonder what kind of a year we will have. Well, we see much advancement in technology (for better or for worse) that has changed many things. Some of my family have given up on fixed telephones for a little folder they carry around (and read while I am trying to talk to them); also, hackers are making life miserable for many, and causing trouble with governments, financial institutions, etc.

There is so much that is out of balance worldwide from 2011-2014 ---extremes in weather, heinous crimes, hatred everywhere, immorality becoming an acceptable thing in societies, governments not governing and managing; warfare everywhere without even a declaration of war; and the Bible being rejected in favor of all kinds of modern ideas about Christianity to please every soul (especially in the huge mega-church gatherings). Some of us still esteem Bible-only as what God intends for His testimony, but we seem to be counted as "old fashioned".

One bright spot I notice today, and that is the cold weather is due to let up a bit here to normal weather for this season. By this weekend it should get above 20 F and into 40's they report ---the Eastern States not included. It is alright, for God knows how to manage this world very well, and take care of His children. Look up always!

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi folks,

I did not know this thread existed, cool. I have some questions, but, will give a little background about me and my husband first.

I lived over 33 years in Eastern Washington, mainly Yakima and Cle Elum, loved them both. I met a Kiwi (New Zealander) on line here actually, we married, and I am now over here. UGH, I really do not like it. Anyway, we have been doing some serious talking, and we both feel that moving back to Washington would be a wise choice. He is a land surveyor/engineer, but business is slow here and there really is no more demand for his type of expertise. We are very interested in the Spokane area, he wants to go into the some form of ministry, he noticed that Spokane has the Moody Bible college, this has excited him and he is really wanting to find out more. I would like to attend SCC, the curriculum looks great, similar to what I was taking at YVCC.

Our questions: Having never been to Spokane, I am wondering what it is like, what is the crime rate, is it fairly moral, how are the prices of homes, either to rent or to purchase? I know it is on the border of Couer D' Alene (can't spell it) and it is a fairly large sized town, which is OK. Do any of you know much about the Moody Bible college?

I noticed that Watchman lives in the tri-cities, Steve also was interested in that area until he found out about the schools in Spokane, also, I am most concerned regarding the nuclear plant there, do you feel it poses any type of major threat?

We are in our summer here, I tell you, I just can not get use to Christmas being so hot and in summer. The little village has absolutely no Christmas spirit, even Steve admitted that. I have not been happy since day one, this is one reason he is willing to move back to the US with me, he knows I love Washington, and when he came over to meet me, he loved it as well. We took trips all over, I showed him Leavenworth, Yakima, Wenatchee, Ellensburg, and of course my town of Cle Elum, he really seemed to like little Roslyn as well.

Oh yes, I also spent some time living in Everett, nice place but very spendy. I have an aunt that lives in Shelton, I have been planning to fly back and visit her, I have tickets for May, but now that we are maybe planning a complete move, that date may change.

Anyway, any help you folks can offer would be appreciated. It is 2 in the morning, I can't sleep, but he is snoring away, LOL, I will let him know about this thread as well, he will no doubt want to add some things to what I have shared as well.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

rockinxrob

Jul 11, 2004
richland, WA
Visit site
✟65,472.00
Faith
Presbyterian
susie, spokane is beautiful for a somewhat big city, though i'm kinda biased... i was born there. my family has lived in the tri cities longer than i've been alive, though, so i've been raised in richland (still live in my parents' house they bought a month before my brother was born, 33 1/2 years ago) if you do find yourself in spokane, even on a visit, and love breakfast food, go to knight's diner, it's amazing and the owner is great! i've been going there when visiting spokane for as long as i can remember. it's a train car that serves amazing pancakes! also, i find richland a great place to live and beautiful sunsets

Upvote 0