• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured Early Christian Persecution

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Just The Facts, Feb 9, 2019.

1. BABerean2

BABerean2 Newbie Supporter

+5,001
    Christian
    Married
    What if "the times of the Gentiles" is the period of time when the Gospel is taken to the Gentiles, as found in Acts of the Apostles 28:28, and Romans 11:25, and Galatians 1:14-18, and it is synonymous with a time of tribulation, which ends at the future Second Coming of Christ?

Joh_16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

Luk 21:24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
    Luk 21:25 "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;
    Luk 21:26 men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
    Luk 21:27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Mar 13:24 "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light;
    Mar 13:25 the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.
    Mar 13:26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
    Mar 13:27 And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.

Mat 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
    Mat 24:30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
    Mat 24:31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

2. chilehed

chilehed Veteran

+719
    Catholic
    Married
    Ummm.... no. The Torah is the first five books of the Old Testament. If you were ever to attend a service at a Synagogue, you'd see the Rabbi open up the Ark, bring out a scroll and read from it. That's the Torah: the fist five books of the Old Testament.

3. Just The Facts

Just The Facts Senior Veteran

+66
    Non-Denom
    HI MKgal

Sorry I missed your post first read through. The Gospels were not penned by the names on them. Mark is now believed to be the earliest and Matthew and Luke taken from Mark, All were penned in Greek and this shows that they were Pagan converts that most likely wrote them. John was written by at least three different Authors over a 30 year period. Hope that clears it up for you.

4. Just The Facts

Just The Facts Senior Veteran

+66
    Non-Denom
    Hi Bible

Perhaps but it explains allot. Pretrib rapture is one of those doctrines of men that requires three things

1. ignore Jesus' plain words in Mathew 24 where the order of events is clear.

[29]"Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken;[30] then will appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory; [31] and he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

2. You have to twist other scripture to explain away the ones you ignore.

3. You have to believe that God has just selected you and other Christians to escape what no other saints escaped. What Jesus tells us over and over again we will not escape.

I am really not interested in debating Pretrib with you or anyone ..................as years and years of experience has taught me it is pointless. It is one of those doctrines people cling to with no scriptural basis and will not listen to anything anyone says or any amount of scripture you point to show the error of the doctrine.

This also explains why you believe what you believe about Rv:6

5. BABerean2

BABerean2 Newbie Supporter

+5,001
    Christian
    Married
    Where did you come up with the claims found above?

Are you claiming that Paul, and Luke could not write in Greek?

1Co_14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

1 Corinthians 14:18

(CJB) I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you,

(ESV) I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you.

(Geneva) I thanke my God, I speake languages more then ye all.

(Greek NT TR) ευχαριστω τω θεω μου παντων υμων μαλλον γλωσσαις λαλων

(GW) I thank God that I speak in other languages more than any of you.

(LITV-TSP) I thank my God that I speak more languages than all of you.

(KJV) I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

(KJV+) I thankG2168 myG3450 God,G2316 I speakG2980 with tonguesG1100 moreG3123 than yeG5216 all:G3956

(NKJV) I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all;

(YLT) I give thanks to my God—more than you all with tongues speaking—

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  6. One Son

One Son New Member Supporter

+27
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Good post,

Matt.19:27(ASV) Then answered Peter and said unto him, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee; what then shall we have? 28And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, that ye who have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit on the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29And every one that hath left houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit eternal life. 30But many shall be last that are first; and first that are last.

ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Do you think this is the First Resurrection?

Rev.20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them, and the souls of those who have been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus, and because of the word of God, and who did not bow before the beast, nor his image, and did not receive the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand, and they did live and reign with Christ the thousand years;

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
    The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. (2Cor.5:21)

7. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,462
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I was thinking it could be either the 2 witnesses or the 144,000 standing with the Lambkin on Mt Zion, or perhaps even both.
    Perhaps you could look at this thread I created on it and give your views. Thanks again

REVE 20:5-6 "THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION"
    REVE 20:5-6 "THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION"