Earlier this summer, Christine Blasey Ford wrote a confidential letter...

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question is what did they do with the letter back when they received it? Why did they waiting until now to bring this up for discussion? Who give the letter to Nymag? That seems to be extremely inappropriate esp for something so sensitive.

In a letter addressed to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, which was obtained by New York. Read the Letter From Christine Blasey Ford Requesting an FBI Investigation

"Earlier this summer, Christine Blasey Ford wrote a confidential letter to a senior Democratic lawmaker alleging that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her more than three decades ago" California professor, writer of confidential Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation of sexual assault

Reactions: Chesterton

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well, seeing as how she's gotten death threats & all sorts of other nastiness putting her life & family into jeopardy it's not surprise whatsoever that she wrote the letter confidentially. There wasn't a way to keep it confidential so she had to speak out.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The question is what did they do with the letter back when they received it? Why did they waiting until now to bring this up for discussion?
It's simple: the democrats sat on it so they could stall Kavanuagh's confirmation. If they had been interested in justice, they would've come out with it as soon as they'd been told to let the investigation begin immediately. Their waiting proves their true intentions.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,647.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, seeing as how she's gotten death threats & all sorts of other nastiness putting her life & family into jeopardy it's not surprise whatsoever that she wrote the letter confidentially. There wasn't a way to keep it confidential so she had to speak out.
Has she mastered time travel? o_O Anyway, she's made over $100,000 GoFunding security for herself, so she oughta be okay.

• Informative
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Has she mastered time travel? o_O Anyway, she's made over $100,000 GoFunding security for herself, so she oughta be okay.

No need to time travel, just to not be ignorant. Look at what happened to Anita Hill. To ladies who've accused Donald Trump. Obviously she was going to be endangering her life by coming forward on account of the psychos that'd threaten her for it. It's sad that $100,000 in security would be necessary but it obviously is. I doubt that would even begin to cover the costs to keep her & her family safe. Hope they raise more. Did she set up the Go Fund Me herself?

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,647.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
No need to time travel, just to not be ignorant. Look at what happened to Anita Hill.
What happened to Anita Hill?
To ladies who've accused Donald Trump.
What happened?
Obviously she was going to be endangering her life by coming forward on account of the psychos that'd threaten her for it.
Can you show me that she's been threatened?

• Agree
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What happened to Anita Hill?

Years of threats of death, rape. Harassment.

What happened?

Threats of death, rape. Harassment. Having a Trump sycophant give out the home address on Twitter. Crap like that.

Can you show me that she's been threatened?

Well even Tucker Carlson talked about the death threats she's received. She'a also had a troll give out her home address.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, seeing as how she's gotten death threats...

You guys keep saying this, but not once have any of you provided any evidence to support the claim.

Oh, wait, that is the current meta today, just level an accusation and then claim moral superiority.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Another thing: the fact that the democrats decided to wait until the confirmation vote was just around the corner might give us a glimpse into how convinced they are that these allegations can be proven (or are even true). Why let the proper authorities investigate it right away when it's very possible that nothing will (or even could, decades after the fact) come of it for them? Better (for them) to hold off until it can really throw a wrench into the confirmation process (and possibly help them in the midterms).

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You guys keep saying this, but not once have any of you provided any evidence to support the claim.

Oh, wait, that is the current meta today, just level an accusation and then claim moral superiority.

Do you count Tucker Carlson as being a part of that "you guys"? Asking on account of how he talked about the threats too. Spun things around as Tucker does, lol, but talked about them.

The doxing of her personal info, calls for protests outside of her home, threats were online. There's also evidence that idiots attacked the wrong Christine Ford, writing fake reviews about another unrelated professor. In a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee Tuesday, Ford’s lawyers said that she had been the target of “vicious harassment and death threats” and that she and her family had been forced to move out of their home. Now if the Senate Judiciary Committee doubts that they could challenge it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Threats of death, rape. Harassment. Having a Trump sycophant give out the home address on Twitter. Crap like that.

Well even Tucker Carlson talked about the death threats she's received. She'a also had a troll give out her home address.

This is everyday life for you if you are a Republican in the public eye, you know. Attacks upon the property and person of Republican figures, including death threats against family members, never seem to be very newsworthy to the media, for some reason.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This is everyday life for you if you are a Republican in the public eye, you know. Attacks upon the property and person of Republican figures, including death threats against family members, never seem to be very newsworthy to the media, for some reason.

True. Jeff Sessions is Trump's favorite whipping boy.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,647.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Years of threats of death, rape. Harassment.

I'm asking, what makes you think any of this happened?

Upvote 0

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The doxing of her personal info, calls for protests outside of her home, threats were online...

Again no actual evidence, just someone said therefore it must be true.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Again no actual evidence, just someone said therefore it must be true.

Christine Blasey Ford's lawyer turned the evidence of death threats over to the FBI. Again there is also actual evidence of the harassment online, so therefore, yes it's true.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Get back to me when and if Trump does to Sessions any of the things I mentioned.

While what you mentioned was hyperbole, lol. No, every Republican is not getting death threats. Some have, so have some Democrats.

Trump has publicly harassed Sessions incessantly. Trump has pulled his britches down to crap on a lot of folks who are staff, Republicans. So if these folks are getting death threats like you claim, Trump bears some responsibility for that.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christine Blasey Ford's lawyer turned the evidence of death threats over to the FBI. Again there is also actual evidence of the harassment online, so therefore, yes it's true.

Then you should be able to cite or source at least one actual example. How hard can this be?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Then you should be able to cite or source at least one actual example. How hard can this be?

Your fingers seem to work fine & you've clearly got internet access. But OK, let me help you out. I expect the thanks for it will just be more complaining, lol. There's already another thread about the idiots who harassed another woman named Christine Ford.
Kavanaugh accuser reporting death threats against her to the FBI
A Troll Doxxed Christine Blasey Ford. Twitter Let Him Back On Its Platform In Hours.
Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser has been bombarded with death threats and harassment, and has reportedly gone into hiding.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
These pro-Kavanaugh threads remind me of this, honestly:

A few facts:
- Ford's lawyer is negotiating even as we speak to testify under certain conditions that protect her security and keep Kavanaugh away from her
- Several alumni of the school have come forward to say that Ford's assault was buzz around the school after it occurred
- The Senate Judiciary Committee has already been talking to corroborating witnesses: Senate Judiciary on Twitter
- The only countervailing "theory" from the pro-Kavanaugh caucus seems to be that his evil doppelganger did it.

It sure is seeming less and less plausible that Kavanaugh is an innocent men, but as I've said countless time before: an investigation will clear this up for us.
Ringo

Upvote 0