Duty; when will wars cease?

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,536.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In our times there are many wars and many men of violence. Yet, one day, God promises that wars will cease.

He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.​

It is one's duty to defend one's home and family, to fight for one's nation when it is threatened. It is one's glory to lay down arms and seek refuge in the Lord of hosts.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In our times there are many wars and many men of violence. Yet, one day, God promises that wars will cease.

He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.​

It is one's duty to defend one's home and family, to fight for one's nation when it is threatened. It is one's glory to lay down arms and seek refuge in the Lord of hosts.
when Jesus appears - two things will happen at about the same time.

1. In Matt 24:29-31 and in 1 Thess 4:13-18 we find out that the saints of all ages will be gathered and taken to heaven - see also John 14:1-3
2. At the same time - 2 Thess 1:5-10 tells that all those who "do not know God" as well as all those "Who do not obey the gospel" - will be destroyed.

The result is the "desolate Earth" of Jer 4:23-28 and Jer 25:30-33 .... something only a few Christian denominations allow for.

Even so - it explains why it is that in Matt 24 Jesus says "this is the sign" that you have been mislead to believing something false

22 And if those days had not been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. 23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘He is over here,’ do not believe him.

That is true given what was just noticed in Jer 4:23-28, Jer 25:30-33, 2 Thess 1:5-8 texts above for the end of all sinners. and the John 14:1-3 and the 1 Thess 4:13-18 destiny for all saints - taken to heaven - leaving only a "desolate Earth" with "no humans" as Jeremiah 4 states.

So that brings all wars -- to a halt.

Matt 24: continued

24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and will provide great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25 Behold, I have told you in advance. 26 So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them. 27 For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

Upvote 0