✟240,815.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You need faith to accept…
Faith is a suspect ability of some humans to lie to themselves so they can believe in an attractive fictional world rather than the real one. Fortunately, despite some early confusion on my part, I have avoided any taint of faith for half a century. I would offer you lessons on deprogramming yourself, but it would be against forum rules.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,815.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
what is the evidence?
Evidence for what? God? As far as I can see there isn't any of any significance, hence my position. You seem to hold the same view since you say you rely upon faith to justify your beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,815.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
the afterlife is my concern, God is an intuitive leap
I'll make a deal with you: post more than one liners; expand on your statements so as to clarify their meaning at the first pass and then I'll consider having a proper discussion with you.

And, in the "nice to have category" use almost any font other than Times Roman.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,815.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I need only a sentence

or perhaps another sentence
Perhaps you only require one sentence to satisfy your ego, but you need more than one to communicate clearly with your audience. However, if you choose the path of discourtesy I'll leave you to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
I think you are confused. Though I speak for myself I suspect many sceptics and critical thinkers here will agree:
I desperately want to accept that there are worms on Mars. That alien UFOs are real. That some people are gifted with ESP. That remote viewing is possible. That there are time travellers among us. Unfortunately there isn't a single piece of meaningful evidence to support any of these notions and so I must, with great reluctance reject them.
It seems your desire to believe is overcoming your ability to critically examine evidence.
Yep - I remember as a child trying out ESP, telekinesis, etc., hoping and half-believing they might be possible; but when I discovered physics, the principles of science, and critical thinking, it became clear that not only did they lack any coherent mechanism, but there was a better explanation for the claims & reports - in terms of human psychology.

I only levitate in my dreams - and oddly, no-one (in the dreams) ever takes any notice... anyone else find that?

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yep - I remember as a child trying out ESP, telekinesis, etc., hoping and half-believing they might be possible

may interest a person to investigate and discover meditation

and the teachings of the Far East…

Last edited:
Upvote 0

George95

CF Tech Master
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
✟1,397,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
mXruUXx.jpg

MOD HAT ON

After review by the Staff and due to the posting issues within this thread, it will remain closed.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.