Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I had a brain cramp and left my car windows down last weekend. Before I got back to the car a horrible storm blew in and pretty much the total inside of my car got soaked...including all my cds that were in there. I hadn't tried to play any of those cd's until tonight. Boy do they skip! Are they ruined or is there something I can do to get them back to 'normal.'? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

JaelWasWickedCool

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟8,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
boy do i need a skip docter. (sufjan-michigan is skipping!!) like everyone else said, water shouldn't be causing you any trouble, but one thought is, if you had your cds in a cd case & it was hot out (hot and rainy...you know..), that doesn't tend to be very good for them. so..yeah!

Upvote 0

wgjones3

\0/ Still praising God...
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟9,215.00
Faith
Christian
Probably what's happening is that the CDs have a thin layer of moisture on them. Either that, or your CD player got trashed by the moisture (if you're playing them in the car).

Check the disks, and if they have a milky look to them, wipe them off with a soft cloth. And if the disks look normal, try a CD lens cleaner disk and see if that knocks out the skip.

Upvote 0

The Theory

Bagpipes well could he blow.
May 23, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Visit site
✟2,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
when you wipe them down, make sure you wipe from the inside out in a straight line, and not in circular motions around.

Chances are a good clean and dry and they'll be back to normal.

And for those hard to find ones-- makes CD-Rs of them ASAP so that you can use those in the car instead of the regular copy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bargainfluger

Playin' in Joes Garage
Sep 14, 2004
MD
✟1,946.00
Faith
Atheist
At least in the case of CD-R's, the actual information is stored on the back of the top of the disc, and it is just covered by the transparent plastic (you can actually scrape the foily stuff off from the top quite easily). Possibly water seeped in between the thin information-storing cover and the protective hard plastic bottom, or maybe the've been warped if they dried improperly. Just conjecture, though. Hope they are fixable.

Upvote 0