Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is with humbleness that I come to you with my prayer request. I am ashamed of what I have done...

I had 10 plus years clean of drug and alcohol abuse. Recently I was diagnosed with TMJ and ended up being prescribed vicodin (the drug I have abused in the past). Well, I should have told my dentist about my problem with it, but I thought I was past becoming addicted to it and took it. Now I am abusing it again. The TMJ is gone now, but the addiction is still there. Today I called my dentist and told her I cannot take the drug anymore and I am flushing the rest of my pills. Please pray for me that I can be strong during this and that my cravings will go away...and the physical withdraws won't be bad.

I just started going back to NA again. I really need help with this.

God bless you if you read through this and have the heart to pray for me.

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like you are well aware of your potential return to the problem with it, and prayer is the BEST thing you can do. Keep the faith and stay strong, God Bless You!

Heavenly Father, in Jesus name I pray in agreement with others for your daughter who is reaching out to you for hope, strength and healing from this addiction. May your will be done. Thank you for joining us in prayer and for all you do, Amen!

Upvote 0

dipsydoodle

Mar 27, 2012
Washington
✟7,737.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I pray for God's power (the ULTIMATE Higher Power!) to show His strength in your weakness. I am thrilled that you are going to NA and that you reached out for prayer! When I got sober, the 'One day at a time' was often 5 minutes at a time. Do you have a sponsor or friend in NA that you can call during this time? That's helpful too. Big hugs to you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so grateful for each of you and your prayers. Thank you. I feel like such a fool. So far today is really hard. Trying to be patient with my son (we homeschool) and it's really, really hard. I have to over come this for him and for myself...and most of all for God.

Upvote 0

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, in Jesus name I pray for our sister in Christ in need of your love, mercy and strength.Bless her with all she needs to get through one day at a time until the drug has left her system, her mind and her life. Thank you for this and for all you do, Amen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟226,907.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you.

I need to tell you that I am so proud of you for what you are doing. Congratulations on recognizing the problem, not justifying it, and taking action. You may be white knuckling it right now, but God will sustain you.

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
1 Cor 10.13

Please be strong! Your son will be so proud of you.

I say this from experience. My marriage of 28 years was destroyed by Vicodin. Praise God you are dealing with this!!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much for the prayers. Hour by hour...I started feeling flu-like symptoms a few hours ago... Thinking of calling my doctor tomorrow if it doesn't clear up. I should have thought this through more before going cold turkey. Should have called my doctor to begin with...Now my doctor's office is closed for the day.

Turkle- I am so sorry to hear about your marriage. I can understand how vicodin abuse could tear two people apart. I appreciate you sharing that with me as it has encouraged me to overcome this even more. I have to confess my husband does not even know I am going through this. I was scared to tell him when I started taking it as he knows my drug history. I am still afraid to share this with him. He knows I am going back to NA but I have gone in the past while sober to just keep up with it. I need to be honest with him, but I am terrified.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.