Jul 25, 2004
Indiana
Visit site
✟2,213.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A few weeks ago I had a dream that I was driving on the highway through Chicago. It wasn't night but it was dark. And the sky was a grayish orange. There weren't many cars on the road. Suddenly I noticed a car on the left side of the road that was on fire. I think it was about to explode. But I kept driving even when I saw more cars on fire on the side of the road. Soon there were random bursts of flames on different lanes of the highway. I did my best to avoid the fire. But soon the entire road was full of fire. I kept driving through anyway. When I woke up I think my car was just starting on fire but I didnt stop.

(I make the drive from IN to WI alot and go through Chicago to get there. Also my good friend Pat lives in Chicago. I remember thinking of him in the dream....)

Firewater

Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟24,698.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe the dream applies to you personally. I see the city Chicago as central to the dream. This city has come up repeatedly in dreams on this forum over the last few months.

Fire is something that burns up things of the earth leaving ash which people used to sprinkle on themselves as a sign of mourning in bible times (eg Mat 11:21) . So it can be a crisis leaving grief in its wake. But it refines the people of God (1 Pe 1:7)

Cars can symbolize vocation or motivation. They take us places more quickly than walking & we can take others with us in them. The cars of these people were stopped by the fire.

Roads are the highways of life, where we move between points - home/work etc. Not only was the fire destroying the cars, it was also initially randomly affecting the smooth way. What had been prepared by filling in valleys & leveling mountains (the road) was now the target of the fire. Disasters & crisis situations often seem unfairly random in where & who they impact. These random strikes then filled the road. It was no longer usable.

What are the "highways" in Chicago which might be impacted in this way? Some thoughts:
- basic utilities: electricity, telecommunications, IT (information super highway)
- business
- a smooth lifestyle

Also my good friend Pat lives in Chicago. I remember thinking of him in the dream
It sounds like you were concerned for his well-being. It might be good to pray for him & & his family & his friend's protection & safety.

Lord we pray You would protect Your people in Chicago & may they be places of refuge, wisdom & peace during any crisis this city might face. We pray for the lost in this city, that You would use any crisis there to draw people to Yourself. If there is some crisis situation, may you use it to burn up things of this world that lead people astray - reveal them for what they are. And may Your saints be refined & come thru as treasures for Your Name's sake. Amen.

Upvote 0