Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So I'm driving along the border, just a few feet from the Rio Grande River and a Texas State Trooper passes me on the left and then I see a man come out from behind some trees ahead of me and run out of a gate, crosses the highway and then disapears into the mesquite and cactus between the highway and the river.

This is the sort of thing that happens all day long every day, but what was unusual to me about it is that the guy was crossing over the river back into Mexico?

I figure that the guy had just crossed over a group of people and was going back across the river. The temperature was over 100 and still is, so maybe he was going to the river to cool off.

I can't believe that with all the added security at the border they don't stop. They just duck down behind the cactus and bushes and run pass as the cops pass by.

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It is a difficult problem to stop. The border is a little under 2000 miles long and it is the most legally and illegally crossed border in the world. Even when we do stop them we simply send them back and they can try again. They estimate that they stop around 60% and are able to send them back but if you try 2-3 times the law of probabilities says you will make it. The only foreseeable solution is for things to either get better in Mexico or worse in the US and for our sake I would hope Mexico would get better. It would take a huge amount of money to tightly secure the border and even then a few would still make it through.

Upvote 0