Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings!

Thought I'd make a formal request for a Dream and Vision Forum. I know there has been one here in the past, only I don't know exactly why they discontinued it.

My reasons for asking are as follows:
1. I am seeing increasing numbers of people posting dreams now, and they tend to clog up other Forums that are not really designed for it, like the one on "Spiritual Gifts" for instance.
2. In all humility, I have a gift of interpretation, and I therefore believe very strongly that there would be at least one person here at CF who could genuinely help people with dreams they feel have truly been given them by the Lord.

It seems like the phenomenon is increasing, so I thought accommodating those who are being given dreams might be in order.

To anyone who responds, thank you. I truly appreciate it.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would request to NOT do that. Other forums I have been on have had a strict policy of not allowing dream interpretation (or visions and prophecies either) and I think it is a good policy.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would request to NOT do that. Other forums I have been on have had a strict policy of not allowing dream interpretation (or visions and prophecies either) and I think it is a good policy.

Out of curiosity, Dave, why do you think so? Not taking an argumentative stance. I simply wanna know why you feel that way.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many things like words of knowledge, wisdom, personal prophecy, discerning of spirits etc. are often TOO personal to be shared over a public venue like the internet.

And the dynamic of the discussion forums allows for a plethora of "interpreters" throwing their own ideas into the mix, thus creating confusion.

These things are much better handled in a private personal manner.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many things like words of knowledge, wisdom, personal prophecy, discerning of spirits etc. are often TOO personal to be shared over a public venue like the internet.

But you realize you would be cutting off God's opportunity to minister to others over the internet. What about Christians who have no one else to turn to? What about those who live in areas where there is no church? What about those who might be bed-ridden? What about those who have been spiritual abused, and don't trust those in authority, but they're still wanting someone to help them?
And the dynamic of the discussion forums allows for a plethora of "interpreters" throwing their own ideas into the mix, thus creating confusion.

If they are truly from God and have the gift, then they will come into agreement. If they are not, they will be challenged. I have yet to encounter anyone who challenged me with an opposing interpretation. If so, I will be polite, but I will pick apart what they are saying until it is exposed as inconsistent and fraudulent, and/or not in keeping with the written word of God (don't ask. I know what I am doing).

When the day comes, we will see how it goes. But as I've said, I have yet to even SEE anyone give anything that resembled a decent interpretation other than myself, not even an attempt, at this Forum yet, so I'm not sure we have a problem there just yet.
These things are much better handled in a private personal manner.

I have no real problem with this, only how are they supposed to present their dream? I'm asking purely in a constructive sense...

And now that I'm thinking about it Dave, wouldn't having a bunch of interpreters in PRIVATE be the real danger? I mean, publicly I would know what everyone was telling the person, and I could challenge anyone on what they were saying if it was not truly in keeping with the Spirit of God and His written word. If everything is done in private, God only knows what people could be telling the person, and I would have no way of knowing unless they were sending me every single word. And if you've ever tried copying and pasting conversations at CF, it's a disaster. Looks like garbage, and it's very hard to sort out who is saying what, with all the quotations in use.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When the day comes, we will see how it goes. But as I've said, I have yet to even SEE anyone give anything that resembled a decent interpretation yet at this Forum, so I'm not sure we have a problem there just yet.
But we do have PLENTY of cessationists. Any one of them could come in and trash ANY interpretation, good or bad, simply by dragging out their arguments on how God does not speak to people today except in the Written Word of the Bible.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But we do have PLENTY of cessationists. Any one of them could come in and trash ANY interpretation, good or bad, simply by dragging out their arguments on how God does not speak to people today except in the Written Word of the Bible.

Yeah. I have been made aware of that. I wouldn't call them "plenty," but it doesn't take many to be a serious nuisance. But that just comes with the territory. Again, my bigger fear is people like that posting the person in private and saying, "Whatever you do, don't trust so and so. They say they have the gift of God but they are a child of the Devil. They will seduce you into following a cult, and in the end your soul will be dammed to Hell." Meanwhile, I'm just sending them a nice hello and saying, "Hi, my name is -----, I noticed you had a dream and I was hoping I could help."

I say things should be over the table, and let the chips fall where they may.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There used to be a Dreams & Vision forum here but for some reason, they did away with it.

I heard about that, LILAC, and thanks for your reply. Yes. That's part of what I'm hoping to discuss by proposing a new one.

What went wrong, and can things be arranged to try again. Dreams keep getting posted every day, and they keep going somewhere. Why not simply create a Forum for it. It's not as if it's going to stop, so the argument about whether we "should" address dreams and visions in public or not is kinda pointless in some ways. They're going to keep coming, so we might as well have a Forum for them.

• Agree
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I heard about that, LILAC, and thanks for your reply. Yes. That's part of what I'm hoping to discuss by proposing a new one.

What went wrong, and can things be arranged to try again. Dreams keep getting posted every day, and they keep going somewhere. Why not simply create a Forum for it. It's not as if it's going to stop, so the argument about whether we "should" address dreams and visions in public or not is kinda pointless in some ways. They're going to keep coming, so we might as well have a Forum for them.
\

I will tag our policy manager for a better explanation than what I can give @Sojourner1

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We made a few changes and you can now post dreams and visions in the Signs Gifts forum.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We made a few changes and you can now post dreams and visions in the Signs Gifts forum.

Thank you very much, Sojourner! I think that is a wonderful thing you guys just did. And I think it will help a lot of people.

God bless you,
I appreciate it.
Chris. :wave:

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah - about that.

Why the change to divide "Spiritual Gifts" from "sign gifts?"
Apparently several threads I was posting in are now in that folder; and I have to sign up to get permission to post there again.

We wanted the sign gifts to be in a safe area free from debate. So we put them in a separate forum. It's easy to just post in the read and agree thread and confirm that you read the SoP for the forum. :)

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do read the SOPs for the forums and try to abide by the forum and folder rules. (do not always succeed)

So I will have to go delete all my posts from all those folders.
Do you have a list?

You don't have to delete any posts. The read and agree sticky threads are where you make a post to state that you have read the SoP's. All threads that were created before the new SoP's were posted will not be removed, nor are they subject to the read and agree thread.

• Winner
Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There used to be a Dreams & Vision forum here but for some reason, they did away with it.

It makes me so frustrated how these ''Christian'' organizations do away with the real spiritual stuff that TRULY helps people and sets people free. I'm not saying CF is guilty of this, it is just something I have noticed in general out there in the Christian world, there is always someone [usually multiple people] that are so determined to stop the flow of the gifts of the Spirit. It kind of blows my mind how hyper-sensitive Christians are to deliverance

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It makes me so frustrated how these ''Christian'' organizations do away with the real spiritual stuff that TRULY helps people and sets people free. I'm not saying CF is guilty of this, it is just something I have noticed in general out there in the Christian world, there is always someone [usually multiple people] that are so determined to stop the flow of the gifts of the Spirit. It kind of blows my mind how hyper-sensitive Christians are to deliverance

You can post any dream interpretation requests in the Signs Gifts forum now.

• Winner
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This should be of no suprise, for even satan himself, sat down, at the last supper. Even in here, on these boards, he is responsible for the suffering of many. I see it, He sees it, and others see it, and yet there is no place to come together as One and discuss it. Are we not our brothers keeper?

Upvote 0