Alabama
✟35,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Usually when I'm down, I won't have many dreams, and if there are, they are hardly vivid, but there was this dream I dreamt last night that was very vivid, though its contents didn't make a lot of sense.

I dreamt about a lecturer (I don't have any special ties to this lecturer, only that her life story and mine is about the same, but personally, I don't know her well). Our life story both consists of mothers loving their sons more. (we are both women). I am sad right now (these past few days) because after a toxic relationship, I've finally decided to let go of and give up on my mother whom I love a lot.

We were in a hotel room, it was a strange hotel room. There was a big chasm in the middle of the corridors, but everyone was just so happy, playing about and just fly-jumping over the chasm. The hotel's colors were mainly brown, dark brown, faded pastel brown. My lecturer was with her husband and kids (nothing unusual about that), but the part I really remember vividly was that she had tattoos on her arms. This struck me as odd when I woke because she doesn't have any tattoos (I do, for that matter.) In reality, this lecturer is a very non-tattoo person. She's an upper echelon kinda woman.

Back to the dream. She came to me and called me and said, "Look at my tattoos!" And then she undid her sleeves and showed me. Some of the tattoos were very poorly done, but there was one which was amazing and I said "Wow, where did you get this done?" She answered and said that she got it done in just a small asian country, Malaysia, not anywhere hip, cool and big like our U.S.. (I think it's worth noting that a lot of my childhood was spent in Malaysia. )

Then we talked about the poorly done tattoos and she said that they were done (inaudible) and then her husband came and I said something I don't remember to him to which he responded, and then my lecturer and I both were reluctant to part but we said our goodbyes and we left.

The overall mood of the dream was happy, it was very happy and vibrant despite its droll, drab colours. I remember that I was thinking 'damn, I really vibe with this woman.'

Can someone interpret this dream for me? I have some clues, but I'd like to hear more opinions on it in case I'm being bias or whatnot. Thank you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The chasm in your dream could represent a danger that the people playing over it does not realize.

The hotel may represent our lives, so a chasm+hotel may represent a danger in people's lives they don't see or don't see as dangerous.

The tattoo could mean symbols or mottos or things we believe or even possibly take pride in. A label or somewhere or something we belong or take allegiance to.

The woman's poorly done tattoo can mean poorly-grounded beliefs. Having a poor idea about the reality or the truth. Or only having a vague idea of things you hold on to.

The entire theme of your dream is probably saying that poorly-grounded beliefs is dangerous.

It could also be warning you to beware of false teachings. Or make absolutely sure what you believe or hear from isn't false.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dreamt about a lecturer (I don't have any special ties to this lecturer, only that her life story and mine is about the same, but personally, I don't know her well).
But you were thinking >

I really vibe with this woman.
So, maybe this dream is you relating with yourself, somehow :)
I dreamt about a lecturer (I don't have any special ties to this lecturer, only that her life story and mine is about the same, but personally, I don't know her well). Our life story both consists of mothers loving their sons more. (we are both women).
So, this person is one to make public statements, but one might not really get to know her. But you both are about family, which is personal.

And so you would deeply feel hurt about not having family love and sharing and caring with your own mother >
I am sad right now (these past few days) because after a toxic relationship, I've finally decided to let go of and give up on my mother whom I love a lot.
So, you can keep sharing with whomever is about family. Keep investing in becoming about family the way we in Jesus are family . . . so you are ready for this to develop with your mother, as God is able to bless :)

Love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7); so do not give up on her. Jesus suffered and died like He did, on the cross, with hope for any evil person, at all.

Also . . . of course . . . we can be helping things to be toxic and sour in our relating with other people > though they might be impossible and even horrible, we need to seek God our Heavenly Father for however He knows we ourselves need His correction in our own nature, so we can become more how God has us being in our character and how He has us discovering how to relate . . . including >

"swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath" (in James 1:19-20).

And possibly, you can share with your husband and help each other become stronger and more real in this :)

I stayed with my mother for about the last ten years of her life. Ones confirmed readily that she was "impossible", and they were amazed how I could stay with her for more than a couple of days. But I was looking down on her, not really caring for her. Though I did get better, maybe, at being good with her, and though I never screamed at her and never got into a heated argument with her, still I was not loving the way I could be > I was not being compassionate; I have been helped by feeding on Hebrews 5:2 >

"He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness." (Hebrews 5:2)

And there were ways that things she said and did have turned out to be what God has used with me, to help me get real in loving and relating and communicating > though she was not really an example of love < still God used her, I would say, to expose my weakness and failure, so I would then appreciate and benefit from the examples of Jesus people I have been sharing with.

So, invest in becoming more and more an example, so you are there for her as her real friend, even if she does not do well with you. Then, you will be more mature an example for anyone and everyone else, also, and God can use you to help those who are able to benefit from you, by means of God through you :)

Even if ones refuse us, we can then flow to others and bless others, but still be ready for the ones who have refused us. You might look at and feed on how Christian wives can reach any disobedient husband >

1 Peter 3:1-4 >

I understand, Riddle This Now, that this can apply to reaching, also, your mother, with your good example; and good example includes how we become pleasing to our Father, by means of growing and becoming mature in His love's "incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (in 1 Peter 3:4)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the part I really remember vividly was that she had tattoos on her arms.
A tattoo, I think, can be a personal statement. Possibly, though she was a public lecturer who you do not know well, these tattoos could mean she has her personal side and does have her personal statements to make, though they do not show in public.

What statement are we making, then? In our nature, we are making a statement to God, by how we are or are not really. Again . . . we need to be gentle and quiet in God's love > 1 Peter 3:4 < first about pleasing Him, not only making statements to people, or having our own personal statements to ourselves.

Some of the tattoos were very poorly done, but there was one which was amazing and I said "Wow, where did you get this done?" She answered and said that she got it done in just a small asian country, Malaysia, not anywhere hip, cool and big like our U.S.. (I think it's worth noting that a lot of my childhood was spent in Malaysia. )
Well, yes the United States might have a big name and have her accomplishments. But there is a lot of independence, which allows each person to be for oneself. And so, ones can be isolated with their own boredom and loneliness and frustration and egos and unforgiveness and depending on their own selves to get what dominating and dictatorial emotions of various sorts of lusts drive us to get. This is not being family, with people!!!!

But, though Malaysia might not have a big name, still there could be more family culture there. And may be her having mostly unclear tattoos could mean she is not really about pushing her private things about her own self. This could have a good meaning :) > let people see more of Jesus, and less of me :) And let us be family with each other, not only a bunch of lone independent people being our own dictators. The United States, really, has a lot of individuals independent from one another, and ruled by each one's own dictatorship . . . not truly about family caring and sharing like we enjoy with our Heavenly Father through His own Son Jesus :pray::hug::groupray::prayer::wave::clap:^_^

The overall mood of the dream was happy, it was very happy and vibrant despite its droll, drab colours.
With God, our love life does not depend on how things are, around us. This can help you to get stronger in how you regard and relate with your mother > keep with the ones who are a good example of this, so she has the right family relating to join, in case God blesses her to :)

God bless you, too :) and your husband and your sharing with one another :)
Bill

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Usually when I'm down, I won't have many dreams, and if there are, they are hardly vivid, but there was this dream I dreamt last night that was very vivid, though its contents didn't make a lot of sense.

I dreamt about a lecturer (I don't have any special ties to this lecturer, only that her life story and mine is about the same, but personally, I don't know her well). Our life story both consists of mothers loving their sons more. (we are both women). I am sad right now (these past few days) because after a toxic relationship, I've finally decided to let go of and give up on my mother whom I love a lot.

We were in a hotel room, it was a strange hotel room. There was a big chasm in the middle of the corridors, but everyone was just so happy, playing about and just fly-jumping over the chasm. The hotel's colors were mainly brown, dark brown, faded pastel brown. My lecturer was with her husband and kids (nothing unusual about that), but the part I really remember vividly was that she had tattoos on her arms. This struck me as odd when I woke because she doesn't have any tattoos (I do, for that matter.) In reality, this lecturer is a very non-tattoo person. She's an upper echelon kinda woman.

Back to the dream. She came to me and called me and said, "Look at my tattoos!" And then she undid her sleeves and showed me. Some of the tattoos were very poorly done, but there was one which was amazing and I said "Wow, where did you get this done?" She answered and said that she got it done in just a small asian country, Malaysia, not anywhere hip, cool and big like our U.S.. (I think it's worth noting that a lot of my childhood was spent in Malaysia. )

Then we talked about the poorly done tattoos and she said that they were done (inaudible) and then her husband came and I said something I don't remember to him to which he responded, and then my lecturer and I both were reluctant to part but we said our goodbyes and we left.

The overall mood of the dream was happy, it was very happy and vibrant despite its droll, drab colours. I remember that I was thinking 'damn, I really vibe with this woman.'

Can someone interpret this dream for me? I have some clues, but I'd like to hear more opinions on it in case I'm being bias or whatnot. Thank you.
There were some good comments already given. When I dream homes represent a time in my life, and usually the mood and tenor of my life at that time. The homes morph many times to reflect changes going on in my life that impact such memories.

Three things stand out to me in reading your dream. First you said you let go of your mother which made you sad. This is clearly the reason for the dream. Second, you are in a hotel which means you are not in your home. Your happiness in the hotel is due to a certain freedom you are now enjoying since you cut off your relationship with your mother and the chasm seems to symbolize the distance you have created with your mother even though people are easily jumping over the chasm. That would indicate that the distance is still not very far. The third thing is the clear tattoo made in Malaysia. The tattoos represent periods of your life such as photographs in a photo album. The clearest tattoo was from the most significant time in your whether happy or not. The unclear tattoos represent times in your life that are forgettable.

So the tattoos, like homes and the hotel, represent times and places of your life. The issue is the decision to cut off your mother. The joy in the hotel is that liberation. The tattoos are the memories of the past.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hi; good to see you. Frankly I would far rather rely on what the Lord has clearly revealed in His Word, rather than on subjective impressions from our dreams. The Word of God is truly very full and wonderful and worthy of our trust and study.

Re. the tattoos which you particularly mentioned, the fact that they are so widespread may lie behind the fact that you simply remembered them. I saw this quote from someone in the Bible Belt, FYI:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

It's so widespread - you might even have ink yourself - that the fact it stuck in the memory maybe is not surprising.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dreams are communications from the heart to the soul. Not all dreams are from God, of course. In fact, most dreams are not. But clarity and vividness are usually a good indication that they are from God. Being from God simply means God is addressing an issue in your life. Drawing upon the Bible as a reference is wise counsel. But not all things are in the Bible. But there will be characteristics that are similar from the Bible when the Lord is communicating to you.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dreams are communications from the heart to the soul. Not all dreams are from God, of course. In fact, most dreams are not. But clarity and vividness are usually a good indication that they are from God. Being from God simply means God is addressing an issue in your life. Drawing upon the Bible as a reference is wise counsel. But not all things are in the Bible. But there will be characteristics that are similar from the Bible when the Lord is communicating to you.
I wouldn't not, though, put the content of dreams on a par with the Bible.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't not, though, put the content of dreams on a par with the Bible.
If the Lord is speaking to you in a dream, there will be harmony with what the Bible says, too. That is my point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We all know that. However, if God is speaking through the dream, it matters to the person dreaming.
The question then arises - how do we know that it's the authoritative voice of God in a dream, as opposed to in the Bible? This is why I believe it's the Bible that is authoritative.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The question then arises - how do we know that it's the authoritative voice of God in a dream, as opposed to in the Bible? This is why I believe it's the Bible that is authoritative.
I think you are on the right train, but the wrong track. The Bible is our most valuable reference tool for corroborating the voice of God in our lives, but it is not a substitute for the voice of God. God absolutely speaks to us through the Bible, but just because God speaks does not mean we understand his communication. Cults abound that read the Bible but completely miss God. This dream is not for us, but for Riddlethisnow who has asked for help in understanding the dream. Ultimately it will be God speaking to her heart that will let her know its meaning. Our comments are merely launch pads. Jesus said, my sheep know my voice. We can have confidence in knowing the voice of the Lord even if we don't understand what he has said.

Tell me Farouk, are you saying that you don't ever hear God except through the Bible? And if so, are you making the case that Riddle has not heard God in her dream? By the way, I am not saying she has heard God in her dream either, but I do believe that her heart uses dreams to communicate to her conscious mind.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think you are on the right train, but the wrong track. The Bible is our most valuable reference tool for corroborating the voice of God in our lives, but it is not a substitute for the voice of God. God absolutely speaks to us through the Bible, but just because God speaks does not mean we understand his communication. Cults abound that read the Bible but completely miss God. This dream is not for us, but for Riddlethisnow who has asked for help in understanding the dream. Ultimately it will be God speaking to her heart that will let her know its meaning. Our comments are merely launch pads. Jesus said, my sheep know my voice. We can have confidence in knowing the voice of the Lord even if we don't understand what he has said.

Tell me Farouk, are you saying that you don't ever hear God except through the Bible? And if so, are you making the case that Riddle has not heard God in her dream? By the way, I am not saying she has heard God in her dream either, but I do believe that her heart uses dreams to communicate to her conscious mind.
Since we have God's Word - not just that the Word of God is in the Bible, but that the Bible is the Word of God - I would not attach the label 'Word of God' to other things, however vivid or personally thrilling. We can indeed be led prayerfully to have convictions - prayer is very important.

I suspect we don't completely see things the same way.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since we have God's Word - not just that the Word of God is in the Bible, but that the Bible is the Word of God - I would not attach the label 'Word of God' to other things, however vivid or personally thrilling. We can indeed be led prayerfully to have convictions - prayer is very important.

I suspect we don't completely see things the same way.
No one is doing what you think. We all know the Bible stands apart from everything else. But that does not mean everything else does not exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Greetings, Riddle This Now.

Normally I offer the option to interpret dreams publicly or privately, but in this case I believe this dream should be done privately. If you would like, I'll send you a private conversation.

God bless, and glad you decided to become a member here at CF. :wave:

Upvote 0

InThePottersChamber

Apr 29, 2017
Alabama
✟35,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings, Riddle This Now.

Normally I offer the option to interpret dreams publicly or privately, but in this case I believe this dream should be done privately. If you would like, I'll send you a private conversation.

God bless, and glad you decided to become a member here at CF. :wave:
Hi Hidden in Him, yes I would like that very much. However, I can't find a way to private message you. Can you send me a message first? Thanks.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟980,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I can't find a way to private message you. Can you send me a message first?
You need 20 posts and 5 likes in order to send PMs. As you already have the 5 likes, you need to post 9 more times before you can PM users.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A tattoo, I think, can be a personal statement. Possibly, though she was a public lecturer who you do not know well, these tattoos could mean she has her personal side and does have her personal statements to make, though they do not show in public.
Yes, getting a tattoo can be a very meaningful personal statement and experience; and this may be why many Christians receive them in faith based designs; they are also a proven conversation starter; and their memory might be latent for years even if someone does not think actively about them.

(My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her having had the confidence to do it.)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A tattoo puts a substance into your flesh, which was not there before. I think of having "the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (in 1 Peter 3:4) I need how God puts in me His love's gentleness and quietness; this makes a statement to Him :) This not only effects how I look, but how I am :)

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0