Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I don't know." Elaynah said. It was beautiful. She smiled at the kids. "Um...listen. you don't have to sleep in the alley. I know orphanage sounds scarey, but I take care of kids like you every day and they are all pretty content considering."

She looked at David with a frown, but kept silent. People like him kept children on the streets alive, but child trafficking was a real thing. So was crime. These kids needed saftey.

David didn't know whether this mattered; whether any of it mattered. Why was he upset that a dream character had frowned at him twice! He looked down at his shoes .. they seemed very real.

"Yeah kids, I knew all along we couldn't visit forever. I guess the adoption cops finally caught up with us." David walked away from the scene, deciding to look at the house. In front of him was what seemed to be a large room inset into the living quarters. He grabbed onto the handle, but the handle was cold. It wouldn't budge, and the room door wouldn't open no matter how hard he tried.

"I'm not sure why the door is stuck or why this handle is so cold." Gabriela came up to David and pulled on his shirt. "Let me try, let me try!"

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
David didn't know whether this mattered; whether any of it mattered. Why was he upset that a dream character had frowned at him twice! He looked down at his shoes .. they seemed very real.

"Yeah kids, I knew all along we couldn't visit forever. I guess the adoption cops finally caught up with us." David walked away from the scene, deciding to look at the house. In front of him was what seemed to be a large room inset into the living quarters. He grabbed onto the handle, but the handle was cold. It wouldn't budge, and the room door wouldn't open no matter how hard he tried.

"I'm not sure why the door is stuck or why this handle is so cold." Gabriela came up to David and pulled on his shirt. "Let me try, let me try!"

"Not cops." Elaynah said. "I just don't want to see you kids get hurt. There are a lot of bad people in the world..."

The cartoon on the TV started speaking.

"Let Gabriella open it." A small sheep said, frolicking on screen.

Lori laughed running over to the screen.

"This is getting stranger by the minute." Elaynah said. "Wait kids, how about you stay on the couch...let us look around." Elaynah said, wondering if Gabriella should open the door.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gabriella came over to the door and she said "I think we have to face up to it; we couldn't stay friends forever, we have to get off the street. Ricky is too trusting anyways" she said. Approaching the door handle, she too had a difficult time opening the door ... but it eventually opened for her. The door to the large room in the middle of the living room open with a loud creaking.

Gabriella and the others looked in; it was a wide room and it looked as if it may have been a play room of some sort. But there were some mice scurrying around; Gabriella closed the door quickly, but David came over and place his hand over the handle. "Gabriella ... we have to face the problems of life. Just because we see a door open and some problems doesn't mean we should avoid it." Gabriella started crying and for the first time held on to David. She had never given him a hug before. "It's okay" David said, leading her over to Elaynah. "Don't worry; the Lord be with you."

David didn't dare open the door again, though; he didn't have all the tools necessary to get rid of the mice. The cartoon continued running and the house seemed to invite other exploration. Sounds of singing seemed to come from upstairs; sounds of silence seemed to come from the eastern side of the house.

James looked down at his shoes before saying to Elaynah, "I guess ... I guess you won, didn't you?"

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gabriella came over to the door and she said "I think we have to face up to it; we couldn't stay friends forever, we have to get off the street. Ricky is too trusting anyways" she said. Approaching the door handle, she too had a difficult time opening the door ... but it eventually opened for her. The door to the large room in the middle of the living room open with a loud creaking.

Gabriella and the others looked in; it was a wide room and it looked as if it may have been a play room of some sort. But there were some mice scurrying around; Gabriella closed the door quickly, but David came over and place his hand over the handle. "Gabriella ... we have to face the problems of life. Just because we see a door open and some problems doesn't mean we should avoid it." Gabriella started crying and for the first time held on to David. She had never given him a hug before. "It's okay" David said, leading her over to Elaynah. "Don't worry; the Lord be with you."

David didn't dare open the door again, though; he didn't have all the tools necessary to get rid of the mice. The cartoon continued running and the house seemed to invite other exploration. Sounds of singing seemed to come from upstairs; sounds of silence seemed to come from the eastern side of the house.

James looked down at his shoes before saying to Elaynah, "I guess ... I guess you won, didn't you?"

Elaynah only saw some mice before David and Gabriella closed the door. She wanted to look inside of it more. She wasn't afraid of pests she could kick with her feet.

"I don't know what you mean by that." Elaynah said. "Childrens' lives are not a game to me sir. If you love them so much you should give them a roof over their heads and adopt them."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
James didn't say much more than that. Instead, he turned to the door and the cartoon on the screen said:

"So, why don't you open the door? And see what's inside." He hoped when she opened it, he would be able to see what are the things she was afraid of because up until now, it had been all the things he feared or all the fears of the children.

He then turned to the kids. "She's right you know; I should have turned you guys in the first day I met you." Gabriela and Ricky looked confused and they didn't seem sure who to trust. So instead, they returned to watching the TV to let the adult sort out their own difficulties.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
James didn't say much more than that. Instead, he turned to the door and the cartoon on the screen said:

"So, why don't you open the door? And see what's inside." He hoped when she opened it, he would be able to see what are the things she was afraid of because up until now, it had been all the things he feared or all the fears of the children.

He then turned to the kids. "She's right you know; I should have turned you guys in the first day I met you." Gabriela and Ricky looked confused and they didn't seem sure who to trust. So instead, they returned to watching the TV to let the adult sort out their own difficulties.

"Fine, I will." Elaynah said. She went to the door, and paused.

"Just mice." She thought, opening the door.

In front there was an 8 year old child...not just any child, it was her. Elaynah's blood ran cold as her father walked into the room. She was frozen, unable to move.

"GET OUT" he said. "NOW."

Small Elaynah got up, she had been crying. Elaynah watched, mouth gaped open, as this translucent figure walked out the door looking only at Elaynah, then disappeared passed the living room up the stairs.

Elaynah looked back and the figure of her father had disappeared. Trying to be strong with the kids there, she walked fast out the front shack door.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
James realized how heartless he had been; he had try to "show" her up and thought protecting the kids would be a way to get at her. But now realizing she had her own history, her own story, her own fears, her own rejections ... he was sorry he wished this on her. Exiting the house, he noticed there was no longer any reindeer or sled.

Coming close to Elaynah, he said, "I'm sorry ... I'm so sorry. I ... I was so insensitive."

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
James realized how heartless he had been; he had try to "show" her up and thought protecting the kids would be a way to get at her. But now realizing she had her own history, her own story, her own fears, her own rejections ... he was sorry he wished this on her. Exiting the house, he noticed there was no longer any reindeer or sled.

Coming close to Elaynah, he said, "I'm sorry ... I'm so sorry. I ... I was so insensitive."

Elaynah dried her eyes, taking deep breaths. She realized the mice was representation of what Gabriella was afraid of...the kids had been to past orphanages.

When she spoke, it came out quavering. "I just thought it was mice." She said. She broke down again, before finally composing herself.

"I don't know what this place is, but I don't want to see any more of it. We need to get these kids out of here. Dream/nightmare or not."

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Elaynah dried her eyes, taking deep breaths. She realized the mice was representation of what Gabriella was afraid of...the kids had been to past orphanages.

When she spoke, it came out quavering. "I just thought it was mice." She said. She broke down again, before finally composing herself.

"I don't know what this place is, but I don't want to see any more of it. We need to get these kids out of here. Dream/nightmare or not."

"You're right, Elaynah. I promise God that once we figure out how to get out of here, I will take those kids to your orphanage immediately. I was so wrong." He came closer thinking of giving a hug and asking for forgiveness. He ultimately thought better of it as she was definitely a momma bear and would defend her children and herself.

"Come in, we'll get the kids and ..." Looking around, there was no more sled, no more reindeer. He came up with an idea. "Maybe we can all will ourselves to wake up. To end our dream; even if one of us ends it, maybe it will end it for everybody else?"

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"You're right, Elaynah. I promise God that once we figure out how to get out of here, I will take those kids to your orphanage immediately. I was so wrong." He came closer thinking of giving a hug and asking for forgiveness. He ultimately thought better of it as she was definitely a momma bear and would defend her children and herself.

"Come in, we'll get the kids and ..." Looking around, there was no more sled, no more reindeer. He came up with an idea. "Maybe we can all will ourselves to wake up. To end our dream; even if one of us ends it, maybe it will end it for everybody else?"

"I understand her fear." She said. "I learned not to be afraid of mice a long time ago, but there are not any at mine. Never...Even if...better then the street." She pounded the wall in a moment of anger as dead wood fell down off the wooden wall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
After a bit, Elaynah was herself again. She looked at David. "We can try willing ourselves awake, but I don't know if that will work..." She said. "And I didn't see anything but forest in the air...I just know we have to get back in there with the kids."

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After a bit, Elaynah was herself again. She looked at David. "We can try willing ourselves awake, but I don't know if that will work..." She said. "And I didn't see anything but forest in the air...I just know we have to get back in there with the kids."

David was a bit hesitant but said, "Elaynah. Will you ... will you walk with me into that big door? Maybe it will explain a little bit about me. Then we can decide how we're getting out of this mess?"

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
David was a bit hesitant but said, "Elaynah. Will you ... will you walk with me into that big door? Maybe it will explain a little bit about me. Then we can decide how we're getting out of this mess?"

Elaynah was hesitant, unsure if she wanted to go back into that room. But she never turned down anyone who asked for help.

"Yeh...I'll do that." She said.

She walked back inside the door to see the kids still sitting on the couch.

"Whenever you are ready." She said.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He went up to the door and he slowly opened it. There he was ... as a kid, sitting on the ground, eating his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He was by himself; all the other kids were taunting him and jeering at him. He turned away; ahh ... a memory he had buried in him long ago of the chronicles of a lunch time every day. They taunted him without mercy.

Suddenly, a girl came up by little David and said, "I'll be your friend". She sat down next him and ran her fingers in his hair; she then starting laughing. "Now you have worms in your hair!" Sure enough, David reached up ... disgusted with himself, he left as the little girl and the rest of the school kids laughed at him. He went away, left school, to find an alley way to cry. He didn't care if he got in trouble; just as long as he got away from there. Big David didn't realize he had turned in a ball of tears in the middle of the floor. "Close the door! Close the door! What is this place? It's not Christmas."

He turned the corner of his eye and saw the TV ... there was a man on there also crying, with a crown of thorns on his head ...

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He went up to the door and he slowly opened it. There he was ... as a kid, sitting on the ground, eating his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He was by himself; all the other kids were taunting him and jeering at him. He turned away; ahh ... a memory he had buried in him long ago of the chronicles of a lunch time every day. They taunted him without mercy.

Suddenly, a girl came up by little David and said, "I'll be your friend". She sat down next him and ran her fingers in his hair; she then starting laughing. "Now you have worms in your hair!" Sure enough, David reached up ... disgusted with himself, he left as the little girl and the rest of the school kids laughed at him. He went away, left school, to find an alley way to cry. He didn't care if he got in trouble; just as long as he got away from there. Big David didn't realize he had turned in a ball of tears in the middle of the floor. "Close the door! Close the door! What is this place? It's not Christmas."

He turned the corner of his eye and saw the TV ... there was a man on there also crying, with a crown of thorns on his head ...

Elaynah closed the door with the two of them inside the now empty play room. It was quiet, and a bit of light shined in from a window in the room. She had seen Jesus on screen also, and wondered if there was a reason higher then the two of them as to why they were here.

"I am sorry that happened to you. Kids can be cruel." She said. "Are you okay? Want to talk about it?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I just wanted to be accepted, that's all. Just someone to sit at lunch with. I was different, so no one trusted me. That's why I was protecting those kids; can't have them hurt like I was hurt ... or you for that matter" David stated.

The room began to dim, the memories faded. A sweet breeze starting going through the room and there were flowers slowly growing and appearing all around.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"I just wanted to be accepted, that's all. Just someone to sit at lunch with. I was different, so no one trusted me. That's why I was protecting those kids; can't have them hurt like I was hurt ... or you for that matter" David stated.

The room began to dim, the memories faded. A sweet breeze starting going through the room and there were flowers slowly growing and appearing all around.

Elaynah noticed the flowers around them. Nothing was surprising her now. She also noticed something on the wall she hadn't before. There was a sign that had what looked like a verse etched in chalk with vines growing all around. It said:

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14

"
I know..." Elaynah said to David softly. "I-I know..." She took a deep breath and spoke after a moment. "See that sign right there? I think God has brought us here..."

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Elaynah noticed the flowers around them. Nothing was surprising her now. She also noticed something on the wall she hadn't before. There was a sign that had what looked like a verse etched in chalk with vines growing all around. It said:

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14

"
I know..." Elaynah said to David softly. "I-I know..." She took a deep breath and spoke after a moment. "See that sign right there? I think God has brought us here..."
David walked up to the verse; he put his hands on the lettering and slowly read it. Looking at it and thinking for a moment, David sighed out loud, "I thought you had abandoned me." Tears began forming and an overall sense of joy began welling up inside of him. Instead of giving in to the uncontrolled emotions, he stated, "I'm sorry, Elaynah. Please forgive me for not trusting you or thinking you couldn't help my ... I mean, *the* kids."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
David walked up to the verse; he put his hands on the lettering and slowly read it. Looking at it and thinking for a moment, David sighed out loud, "I thought you had abandoned me." Tears began forming and an overall sense of joy began welling up inside of him. Instead of giving in to the uncontrolled emotions, he stated, "I'm sorry, Elaynah. Please forgive me for not trusting you or thinking you couldn't help my ... I mean, *the* kids."

"Of course..." Elaynah said. "I uh...I could never forgive my dad. He was abusive, he threw me away..." She swallowed hard and looked down. "But God put people in my life to help me get off the streets. He gave me a new family that took me to church and showed me God's love...He started using me to help other kids..."

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Elaynah was going to continue when a soft voice seemed to fill the room.

"You do not need them to validate you. You need me."

Jaw open, Elaynah fell to her knees crying, unaware of David for the moment.

"I know." The voice seemed to comfort. "I know. Listen...listen...I know."

Then silence.

Upvote 0