Duncannon
✟10,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
so I'm sure everyone is aware of the hurricanes happening down south in America and the devastation that's left from everything else along with future events like tsunamis. I overhead classmates talking about the second coming of Christ as all the hurricanes and things may relate to Revelations and well it kicked up my anxiety. I mean I'm ready for the second coming of Christ I have no doubt that it's coming soon but I am a little disappointed that if it happens when everyone said it was (they said next week) I won't get to experience the things I looked forward to so much. But in all reality this world will and is going to pass away so who am I to say otherwise. Anyway, I guess what really bothers me is the doubts I'm having. I mean I know I'm saved and I know that I've repented from my sins and I've accepted Jesus as my personal savior but I keep on having this anxiety where it's like what if I'm standing at the gates of heaven and I am denied and go to hell. I mean this is eternity we're talking about so I'm sure you can understand my fears. I just have these doubts and I can't overcome them without feeling anxious and scared. Any tips?

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lean not to doubt. Lean not to anxiety. You are saved and secure for eternity. Rejoice in it! Proclaim it!

Romans 8:1, John 5:24, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 3:16-17. You are already, Spiritually, beyond the Gate. You are secure in His Embrace!!

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not sure why this is in the News section. But if you've been baptized and made a profession of faith in Our Lord... well, those are the main things.

Upvote 0

NessofOnett05

May 27, 2017
Duncannon
✟10,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not sure why this is in the News section. But if you've been baptized and made a profession of faith in Our Lord... well, those are the main things.
I don't know my phone was glitching out when I posted this so I wasn't necessarily sure where I had posted it

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
so I'm sure everyone is aware of the hurricanes happening down south in America and the devastation that's left from everything else along with future events like tsunamis. I overhead classmates talking about the second coming of Christ as all the hurricanes and things may relate to Revelations and well it kicked up my anxiety. I mean I'm ready for the second coming of Christ I have no doubt that it's coming soon but I am a little disappointed that if it happens when everyone said it was (they said next week) I won't get to experience the things I looked forward to so much. But in all reality this world will and is going to pass away so who am I to say otherwise. Anyway, I guess what really bothers me is the doubts I'm having. I mean I know I'm saved and I know that I've repented from my sins and I've accepted Jesus as my personal savior but I keep on having this anxiety where it's like what if I'm standing at the gates of heaven and I am denied and go to hell. I mean this is eternity we're talking about so I'm sure you can understand my fears. I just have these doubts and I can't overcome them without feeling anxious and scared. Any tips?
1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8
Love covers a great many sins.

1 John chapter 4 verse 7
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

As far as being saved, faith without love is nothing.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,699.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In Revelation we are told "Those who are faithful to the end will be saved." We
all need to take that advice to heart and not just think "Well, I made a profession of faith and can now live like the devil and still get to Heaven." The Bible also says "Even the righteous are just barely saved."

You do not seem to be fretting over any particular, more commonly named, sins, though.

No one here can tell you if you are saved, but we can pray for you to be guided by the Holy Spirit.
David said "Search me and see if there be any wicked way in me." A wicked way may be something we never even thought of, like some hatred toward someone in the past we usually don't think about.

It seems you want to be saved and want to live right. So that's great. Just keep repeating what David said and you will be led accordingly. We ALL have areas that need improvement.

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

As odd as it may seem, having occasional doubts about your salvation can be a good indication that the Holy Spirit is working in your life; I say this to encourage the one with doubts, not to encourage doubts themselves. Conversely, such doubts can also be the result of doctrinal misunderstandings or demonic deceptions to shake your faith in the saving work of Christ. The source of the doubts are to be determined by two considerations by which you should examine yourself:

1. The present evidence of Christ’s working in your life, as manifested by growing Christ-likeness (John 15:5-6), and
2. Whether the doubts are motivating you to run in repentance to Christ or warding you away in hopelessness (John 6:37).

If such alarming doubts are from the Holy Spirit’s conviction, they will only arise from prolonged engagement in a carnal (flesh-oriented as opposed to Spirit oriented, Galatians 6:8) life for which there has been no repentance, because the Holy Spirit is warning you to repent to Christ in some area of your life. This should motivate you in righteous fear to run in repentance towards Christ. If after examining yourself honestly you find yourself spiritually stagnant, you need to honour the Holy Spirit’s grace, determine what is preventing your growth in Christ, and repent. Jesus said all who come to Him He will never drive away (John 6:37), and no one can snatch us from His hand (John 10:28-29). So you should not be anxious from a lack of assurance of God’s love or the efficacy of Christ’s sacrifice for your justification, which is evidence of ignorance or satanic deceptions, but only on account of continual unrepentant sin. Remember, while good works cannot save, they are the evidence of genuine salvation. Regarding securing the authenticity of our salvation, Paul wrote in Philippians 2:12-13:

"Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." Concerning the Holy Spirit's conviction, he wrote in Ephesians 4:30-32: "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you have been sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Again, concerning the severe nature of ignoring Christ’s purpose of making you holy, Paul sternly warns: “How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:29) The treating of Christ's blood as an unholy thing, in this context, is abusing the sacrifice of Christ as a permission for sin rather than to be freed from it.

It can't be emphasized enough that Christ is the one who saves you from condemnation, not you with your works; righteousness cannot be gained by obedience to the law (Galatians 2:21, Romans 3:20). However, obedience to God is the consequence of a genuine salvation, for anyone who accepts Christ is indwelt by the Holy Spirit and freed by Him from the power of sin and continues to bear fruits of righteousness. Jesus declared, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned (John 15:5-6)."

Salvation does not result from works (Ephesians 2:8-9) but works do result from salvation (Ephesians 2:10). Someone might say this seems to be a change without a difference. The problem with this accusation is that presumes to intentionally or inadvertently deny the Spirit's presence and power in our life, as it is the presence of the Holy Spirit indwelling us that empowers us to overcome sin and even desire to do so. When God saves us, He saves us for His glory and to enjoy His glory forever. It is to God's glory to demonstrate His perfectly holy nature in both His perfect righteousness and His perfect love. The power of God is going to be revealed in your life in one of these ways, and it is your choice which way that will be. But if you have sincerely chosen Christ, the only way of salvation to the Father, the power of God's love will become increasingly manifest in your life; this will happen (Ezekiel 36:25-27). Sometimes you may fall, and sometimes you may regress, but you will always recover, repent and return to the way, the truth and the life, and your life in Him will increase abundantly (John 10:10). Then, when you are already in or have restored yourself in repentance to the obedience of Christ, you should no longer have any fear:

"But if anyone obeys His word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in Him: Whoever claims to live in Him must live as Jesus did. (1 John 2:5-6)" John continues, "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love (1 John 4:18)." The Scriptures summarize these truths in 1 John 3:5-10:

"But you know that He appeared so that He might take away our sins. And in Him is no sin. No one who lives in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen Him or known Him. Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister."

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness...My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One (1 John 1:8-9, 2:1)."

If you sin, repent to Jesus Christ and you will have God's forgiveness. If you stumble many times in a day, Christ will continue to offer you forgiveness through the justification that He provided. But do not be deceived; forgiveness and patience are for leading you to repentance (Romans 2:4), not accommodating sin. If Christ remains in you, you are already sinning more than you want to right now, and so will not find abandoning further sin to be an enduring burden.

If you remain in Christ (as evidenced by your increasing, though perhaps fluctuating increase in godliness and holiness) you should not fear; the sacrifice of Christ is sufficient to redeem you from your past and future sins (again, 1 John 2:1).

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The only way into Hell is to reject God with serious and permanent intent.
All other sins against God can be forgiven and will be forgotten.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The world won't end next week. There are a lot of things to be fulfilled before the Lord's return. The gospel of the kingdom has to be preached all over the world. We christians will be handed over for persecution. The mark of the beast will be made compulsory. All these things should take place before Christ's return.
You want to experience life. Well, when you are young the future seems rosy. But that's only an illusion. Life is not a fairy tale like we see in the movies. The best life will be in heaven with the Lord. Seek the Lord and let Him help you overcome your fears about your eternity. Study and memorise the Word. Pray and maintain a relationship with the Lord. That helps.

• Agree
Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I try with the help of the Bible and good Bible teachings to not let my anxieties get the best of me and to concentrate on

Grace Alone
Faith Alone
Christ Alone

Keeps me out of the picture
a good thing.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

messager777

Sep 19, 2017
south georgia
✟2,107.00
Country
South Georgia And The South Sandwich Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doubts about our salvation and faith are fiery darts from the wicked one - EPH.6:16-17, MATT.4:1-11.

Similarly for our fears/anxieties, hate, anger, greed, selfishness, jealousy and other involuntary evil/satanic/sinful thoughts.
....... Eg to banish certain fears/anxieties, keep God's Law or Moses Law because those who do so will be protected and blessed by God/Jesus - 1JOHN.5:16-21, DEUT.28, PROV.1 .

P S - At ACTS.15:24-29, God has exempted new Gentile Christians from any law of Moses which is a burden, eg circumcision and kosher foods. They are not exempted from any law which is not a burden, esp morality laws, eg the Ten Commandments(EXO.20), DEUT.18:9-14, LEV.10:9 & 18:22, etc.
....... In comparison, new Jewish Christians are required by God to continue to keep as many law of Moses as possible because it is not a burden to them.
....... Those who wantonly or ignorantly break God's Law will risk losing their salvation, like the wife of Job who cursed God/Jesus and died while suffering for Job's ignorant sin.(1COR.5:1-5 & 11:30 & 6:9-11, REV.22:12-15)

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only way into Hell is to reject God with serious and permanent intent.
All other sins against God can be forgiven and will be forgotten.

That seems partly true, friend, but I see Scripture showing that beyond "...serious and permanent intent" to reject God, one can also continue indulging their own flesh and ignore God and His "...beloved Son" ---our only Savior, and lose their soul to condemnation forever. It may not be "intent", but if continuing to not receive the Lord Jesus into one's heart (John 14 & I Jn. 5:10-12) there is not salvation when one dies ---right?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That seems partly true, friend, but I see Scripture showing that beyond "...serious and permanent intent" to reject God, one can also continue indulging their own flesh and ignore God and His "...beloved Son" ---our only Savior, and lose their soul to condemnation forever. It may not be "intent", but if continuing to not receive the Lord Jesus into one's heart (John 14 & I Jn. 5:10-12) there is not salvation when one dies ---right?

Correct. Rejecting the Holy Spirit blocks the ability to be forgiven for that sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums