✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Do I tke my medicine while fasting?

Yes. And if it says to take food with the medicine, then you do that as well.

Part of submitting to God is submitting to looking after your own health. None of us is entitled to damage our own selves in order to prove anything to God, because this is contrary to the teaching that our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit.

Fasting should never be about endangering or causing permanent harm to the body, but only about keeping it under constraint, as a reminder to keep yourself under God's sovereignty.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's a conflict to look to man and his "medicine" and at the same time look to God through prayer and fasting.

Along that line of thought, someone once told me they can't eat grapefruit because of their high blood pressure medication. [ because grapefruit lowers blood pressure]

My reply was that I can't take blood pressure medication, because I eat grapefruit.

Looking to worldly man and looking to invisible God is often an "either or " proposition.

Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD! <-----> Isaiah 31:1

Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. <-----> Psalm 68:11 + 108:12

But before doing anything radical, one should weigh well their options, expectations, and opportunities along with the basis upon which they rely.

Sure fasting can cause some damage in some cases, and often too - does taking pharmaceuticals.

If more of us regularly prayed and fasted instead of continually running to the doctor/drug store - not only would we be healthier in every respect, our economy wouldn't be under such duress.

Overpriced and often ineffectual "healthcare", greedy, unconscionable lawyers; cold, calculating, opportunistic financial institutions, ridiculous insurance rates, and spendthrift, madcap politicians are bankrupting the rest of us. But it's not like The Lord didn't warn us that this world was heading towards an astoundingly dismal display of how big a mess we can make, when we fail to look to, and follow after Him Who knows what's truly best !

wm

Last edited:
Upvote 0