ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've read the 4 Gospels, Acts and half of the Old Testament. I'm trying to finish Paul, but his teachings seem so completely opposite to Jesus' teachings that I'm having a difficult time accepting him as a true apostle. But then again, so did the other apostles at one point.
I’m very glad to hear that. The Bible is very important.

About Paul a few things to keep in mind as you are reading and studying.

First, Paul is and was the only apostle sent to the Gentiles. James, Peter and others were in the Jerusalem church with the Jewish peoples. So when you read Paul, know that the Books were the churches Paul started during his three missionary journeys to Corinth, Ephesus, Phillipi, Galatia, etc. after I learned about Paul’s missionary journeys and those books are written to specific churches, his writings made more sense. There are good maps that show each of his journeys and time tables. That really helped me.

The other thing about the Gentiles is they didn’t have the Old Testament (ie they weren’t Hebrews/Israelites) so know that the Gentiles had all these weird God’s before understanding who Christ is, the lack of history (ie the Old Testament and Covenant helps understand the issues and what Paul was dealing with with Gentiles specifically that other Bible authors like Peter and James did not deal as much with.)

Remember also who Paul was. He was Saul a former Pharisee. A Pharisee was very rich and very educated. The other apostles were fisherman, God uses all people, but just know that Paul had a good education and knew the Law backwards and forwards and the politics of running a religion. That gave Paul a unique perspective and read Matthew 23 slowly to see what Jesus thought of the Pharisees and their mixing politics with His religion. Jesus was harder on them than anyone.

I hope this helps you a little in understanding Paul. Fascinating apostle. My favorite.

Ask any questions if you have them. I hope it builds your faith.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m very glad to hear that. The Bible is very important.

About Paul a few things to keep in mind as you are reading and studying.

First, Paul is and was the only apostle sent to the Gentiles. James, Peter and others were in the Jerusalem church with the Jewish peoples. So when you read Paul, know that the Books were the churches Paul started during his three missionary journeys to Corinth, Ephesus, Phillipi, Galatia, etc. after I learned about Paul’s missionary journeys and those books are written to specific churches, his writings made more sense. There are good maps that show each of his journeys and time tables. That really helped me.

The other thing about the Gentiles is they didn’t have the Old Testament (ie they weren’t Hebrews/Israelites) so know that the Gentiles had all these weird God’s before understanding who Christ is, the lack of history (ie the Old Testament and Covenant helps understand the issues and what Paul was dealing with with Gentiles specifically that other Bible authors like Peter and James did not deal as much with.)

Remember also who Paul was. He was Saul a former Pharisee. A Pharisee was very rich and very educated. The other apostles were fisherman, God uses all people, but just know that Paul had a good education and knew the Law backwards and forwards and the politics of running a religion. That gave Paul a unique perspective and read Matthew 23 slowly to see what Jesus thought of the Pharisees and their mixing politics with His religion. Jesus was harder on them than anyone.

I hope this helps you a little in understanding Paul. Fascinating apostle. My favorite.

Ask any questions if you have them. I hope it builds your faith.
Paul preached in the synogoges and within were many many of gentile adherants to the Jewish faith. Those were the main converts to the new church of the gentiles, Cornelius being an example, some of the Romans fi also.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Paul preached in the synogoges and within were many many of gentile adherants to the Jewish faith. Those were the main converts to the new church of the gentiles, Cornelius being an example, some of the Romans fi also.
You are correct. I don’t think I said that there were all non Jewish people. I was trying to bring into perspective some of Paul’s journeys like when in Greece and dealing with the philosophers and beliefs in other God’s and idols.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are correct. I don’t think I said that there were all non Jewish people. I was trying to bring into perspective some of Paul’s journeys like when in Greece and dealing with the philosophers and beliefs in other God’s and idols.
True nuff. The reason I pointed that out was that some of the adherants were very versed in the things of God but just not Jewish in descent. Paul's education served to point to that which had been fulfilled, that which is, in comparison to that which is to come. Like the Barean's proved what he said with scripture (would not accept less) the gentiles believed in Paul's parabolic way of presenting Christ and the church.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've been having a lot of doubts in my faith te either one. Few modern-day miracle stories even do anything to prove YHWH, much less the resurrection.

5. Why are all of the arguments used to “prove” Christianity also used to prove basically every other religion?
You can apply them to Islam, to Buddhism, to Hinduism… it’s just the same kind of thinking, the same kind of excuses that don’t quite seem to work, over and over again.

If Christianity is true, and God is real and watching over us, and there is a heaven… why are we using the same logic, reasoning, excuses and cop-outs as everyone else is? Why do we need to?
The arguments are not the same. To answer your question, if you have not done so I would suggest you read the book More Than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell. Jesus' resurrection is the foundation upon which the Christian faith stands or falls.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been having a lot of doubts in my faith for the past few months. Not the kind that can be easily dismissed, but actual, relatively rational thoughts.

I haven't really been able to talk to anyone about them, since no one in my family is a Christian and neither are any of my friends (online or off). So I'm wondering: how do y'all deal with doubt?
Through prayers. As God's word says, all good things come through Him. Gifts given to us by Him, are faith, hope, and love. So, to try and increase your faith on your own, is foolish, because He and He alone gives you your faith, and He and He alone will increase it when you ask. I'll try to help in answering any of the concerns you have, from my own perspective. You may or may not agree with my reasons, and that's fine, I just hope that you focus most of your time reading the bible instead of dissecting the doubts you, and the rest of the world may have. The answers I'm going to give you, are just from reading the scriptures, and how it's revealed His personality and qualities to me.
If anyone's interested, my specific concerns in the doubt are:

1. Inefficacy of (Intercessory) Prayer
Studies have shown that intercessory prayer doesn’t work. The Bible says it does – Jesus says it does! – but it doesn’t. It doesn’t have better outcomes for sick people, or make you more likely to succeed in your goals, or anything! We’re supposed to be able to move mountains and be immune to snake venom, but people who truly believe they’re safe still die from Christian snake-charming.

Why would a God who exists and loves us and is all-powerful say that He’ll help us, and then turn out to not do anything at all?
Well, even Jesus went through a time when He wanted a different outcome than He was foretold to fulfill. Before His time on the cross, He prayed that God would "take this cup" from Him, and that if there was another way, that He could avoid death on the cross, but He ended this prayer, by saying if it was "Your Will".

We can ask for things all day, but if it's not in accordance to His will, regardless of whether or not we see why things are happening, it's important to try our best to have faith in Him and His plans. Think about Joseph. His brothers sold Him into slavery, and it took years before God's plan finally worked out for the best. He became Pharaoh's right hand man, controlled all of Egypt, and through Him all of the world was saved from the great famine.

There are studies about prayer not working, but the very idea of studying prayers, displays a lack of faith. He only answers prayers that are for our good, that are asked in the name of Yahushua (Jesus) and done so in faith, studying them, to see if they work, displays exactly the opposite of faith. God isn't going to make us rich, or raise someone from the dead just for doing it. It has to edify His kingdom, and it has to be for His Glory. I myself have seen countless prayers go answered, and I've seen countless go unanswered, but one thing I can tell you for sure, is that the ones that I needed the most to have answered, were always answered.
2. Why sin/evil/etc? God can do anything, so why this?
Here’s the thing: this is not the best possible world, with or without Eve’s fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. If God is all powerful, why doesn’t He just make it so that whatever makes us have to go to Hell isn’t necessary in the first place? Not just believers: everyone.

A good God couldn’t possibly want all of those people to go to Hell, right?

There’s the argument that God did exactly that through Jesus, but why? Why would he do that when Jesus’s resurrection happened 2,000 years ago (give or take), and we don’t have any solid evidence that the actual miracle of the resurrection (or any other miracles) happened?

I mean, if God is real, shouldn’t there be a lot more hard evidence?
I see a lot of people struggle with this one. I used to as well honestly, but we have to think about it from a Father's perspective. If you're a father, do you want a son that you've forced, and commanded to love you, to love you? Or a son that out of his own free will loves and obeys you? Someone you force into loving you, there's a name for it, but it's not love.

Some angels have free will, just as those that fell did. The whole thing about the garden of eden, if God put them there, and didn't give them free will, how would they have loved Him out of their free will? They'd be in a garden He placed them in, doing things He told them to, without the ability to do otherwise. They'd be prisoners, not children. Their love would be false, because they weren't given a choice.

He gives us the choice to love Him, and has given us all we need to do so, but we have that same choice they had. To love Him, or to disobey Him. To love Him is life, to disobey is death. He wants to create a place where we can love Him willingly, because that's the whole point of creation - for us. He wants to make for Himself children, and that's the whole point of all history, of all happenings upon the earth.

So Him destroying everything and restarting, would be the same in the garden if they didn't have free choice. It'd be a prison. We'd be forced to love Him, and wouldn't be loving Him despite the pain and suffering that goes along with it in this world. HaShatan literally disobeyed to make themselves "gods" in this world, because the relationship we have with God, is different than the relationship the angels have. We have a legitimate relationship with Him, we're His children, they're made to minister to us. They're made to be messengers and warriors on the behalf of our Father, we're made to be His children. This enraged HaShatan (the hebrew way of saying satan, which in hebrew literally means "the enemy" or "the adversary".)

But, God all throughout the Torah, was constantly turning away from Israel due to their disobedience, not because He hated them, but because He loved them. He's a consuming fire, so all darkness, because He's absolute light, gets consumed in His presence. So, when Israel turned away, and went into the darkness, and became corrupted, He had to turn away to spare His children from being destroyed. Darkness and sin cannot exist in the presence of absolute light, it will get destroyed. So, those that choose out of their free will to reject the Father, quite literally cannot spend eternity with Him, because it'd be absolute horror. They'd be in constant pain because His glory is that magnificent. They'd be utterly destroyed. That's why God had to leave us, because the earth is in a fallen state, and should He come back, nothing would be left, because all is in darkness and all is cursed.
3. Dead Babies:
Everything that happens is God’s will, or can be made to fit His will, right? So how do dead babies make any [staff edit] sense? Babies don’t sin, and their lives aren’t object lessons.
Well, in the Torah, in Deuteronomy 28, He tells us of blessings and curses that He will send on us for both our obedience, and our disobedience. He wishes to bless all, but He can only bless those that obey His Word. It's in His word to do these things. To have babies fail in the womb, etc.

I believe it's because Jesus fulfilled the law (as in He obeyed it at every turn), but people misconstrue that for "the law doesn't pertain to us", but when you look at our society, all of the curses that befall the ones that disobey His Torah, have, and are befalling us right now. Our society is actually setting up as we speak to be crushed under the ones we're not affected by. I digress though.
4. Why doesn’t God communicate with us in ways that are more sensible and direct?
I mean, His presence is everywhere and all, but why doesn’t He find undeniable ways to show us that He is God? More of the clouds opening with a loud accompanying voice, less of the “communicating with us through our consciences” stuff.

I mean, His presence is supposed to be implicit, but it’s not. And even if it were – why couldn’t it be more obvious? Why would the subtlety even be necessry?

Heaven is a big deal in the Bible. Miracles are a big deal in the Bible. But in my own life, and looking at scientific evidence and (not necessarily scientific) well-recorded data, there’s nothing that seems to indicate either one. Few modern-day miracle stories even do anything to prove YHWH, much less the resurrection.
It's part of the "great delusion" that He said He'd send on us. If He weren't to be silent, then we'd have no way to be led astray. We'd be pretty easily able to tell which God is the true God, because He's the only one that would talk to us. But, when Yahushua (Jesus) went up, He gave us authority. We are the connection this world has to God. Now is the time when God is silent (somewhat), so the separation of His children can occur. Now is the time for HaShatan to rule, so he can wreak vengeance and try his best to ruin us before the return. It's the last big fit that he has before he's imprisoned for the 1000 year reign of our Messiah. It's not a good time for us, but it's a time that we're supposed to spend our lives leading people out of the darkness he's created, and into the arms of our Father through what He's done for us through Yahushua HaMashiach (Jesus the Christ).

5. Why are all of the arguments used to “prove” Christianity also used to prove basically every other religion?
You can apply them to Islam, to Buddhism, to Hinduism… it’s just the same kind of thinking, the same kind of excuses that don’t quite seem to work, over and over again.

If Christianity is true, and God is real and watching over us, and there is a heaven… why are we using the same logic, reasoning, excuses and cop-outs as everyone else is? Why do we need to?

Well, I'd have to hear more about what you mean by this to know what you mean.

It doesn't as far as I know though. All other "gods" are basically like, do this for me for salvation, do this for me, I need this from you yada yada yada. Being a follower of the Messiah is different, because He's the only one that gave Himself, for us. Whereas, the other religions want us to give ourselves for them. The words of יהוה, are truth. You can see this by the acceptance of all religions by modern society, but the hatred, censorship, and outright lies in some cases of how the bible says things. That, and all of the enemies of the bible, the anakims, the canaanites, the "god" ba'al, molech, etc, are all worshipped subtly all throughout our society, everywhere. The societies (freemasonry, illuminati, skull and bones, etc.) all read the bible, and extra biblical texts, but from the view, that those who God was against, are the true good guys. So quite literally, those that control this world, believe the things that God taught, warned, and tried to protect us against. They're deceived and caught up with the spirits God tried to protect us against. That, and God is the only God that has scientific evidence backed by His words.

The unclean animals, look into the toxins that are in them. The toxins in pigs, or how there are 50x the toxins in the unclean fish than there are in the clean fish. That, and God's word is the only word that taught hygiene as far as "religious" texts go. I can go on and on, but that which God warns us about, the media, our society, is everywhere hidden in plain sight, just insulting God before us, and they've gotten us to rejoice and embrace it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: BetzaidaK
Upvote 0

Lucian Hodoboc

I've already read the Bible
Jul 8, 2017
-
Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
First, Paul is and was the only apostle sent to the Gentiles. James, Peter and others were in the Jerusalem church with the Jewish peoples.
So, if the twelve apostles preached to the Jews, why didn't the Jews become Christians? It's remarkable how Paul, a single person, managed to create a religion of almost 2 and a half billion followers, but the other apostles couldn't convince a few hundred thousand Jews.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
True nuff. The reason I pointed that out was that some of the adherants were very versed in the things of God but just not Jewish in descent. Paul's education served to point to that which had been fulfilled, that which is, in comparison to that which is to come. Like the Barean's proved what he said with scripture (would not accept less) the gentiles believed in Paul's parabolic way of presenting Christ and the church.
Can you explain what you mean by ‘Paul’s parabolic way’?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So, if the twelve apostles preached to the Jews, why didn't the Jews become Christians? It's remarkable how Paul, a single person, managed to create a religion of almost 2 and a half billion followers, but the other apostles couldn't convince a few hundred thousand Jews.
Many, many Jews converted.

I don’t think your statement is true. Thousands at Pentecost as only one example.

You do know it was Christ who only sent one Apostle to the Gentiles and that was after Paul preached to the Jews for quite a while.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It sounds to me as though you have not lived in true submissive faith with Jesus Christ. And even then, if you have, doubts can crop up but you gain something to reflect back on in your life as the proof and reminders that this is real. That is the case for me. I believe we live in a time where demons are testing our very faith and the weak in faith will fall/fail but the strong have a history of evidence right in their own lives and can't be fooled. When you question faith, it's faltering and it's time to draw all the nearer to Jesus Christ, not man made studies and such. If you need proof of faith and worse, proof of God, then you aren't faithful, for it is by faith that we believe and by faith that He is just to save us by Grace.
Jesus did not dismiss Thomas,and He was very lenient to others especially Peter .
So maybe you could come up with a better answer .

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The entire OP can be summed up in the following question:
Why didn't God just make us all gods?

The answer to all 5 OP questions and my summation question, is that this is God's universe, not ours. Everything is done His way, and for reasons known mostly only to Him. Christianity is the only religion in the world that doesn't rely on man's works in order to be saved. God has been gracious enough to afford us the opportunity to choose Him, or to choose the emptiness of man's works.

The real question that I would be asking right now is, "Who is trying to kill me right now?". Someone or some group of people has planted these seeds of doubt in your heart. It's up to you if the answers to these questions are worth following them and possibly accepting the second death because of it.
Well as it says in the bible , unless there are fruits
you are probably not saved ,but then quick fix is the way to make sure that people buy this false gospel .

Upvote 0

BetzaidaK

Oct 9, 2017
Tarpon Springs
✟15,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been having a lot of doubts in my faith for the past few months. Not the kind that can be easily dismissed, but actual, relatively rational thoughts.

I haven't really been able to talk to anyone about them, since no one in my family is a Christian and neither are any of my friends (online or off). So I'm wondering: how do y'all deal with doubt?

Studies have shown that intercessory prayer doesn’t work. The Bible says it does – Jesus says it does! – but it doesn’t. It doesn’t have better outcomes for sick people, or make you more likely to succeed in your goals, or anything! We’re supposed to be able to move mountains and be immune to snake venom, but people who truly believe they’re safe still die from Christian snake-charming.

Why would a God who exists and loves us and is all-powerful say that He’ll help us, and then turn out to not do anything at all?

Here’s the thing: this is not the best possible world, with or without Eve’s fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. If God is all powerful, why doesn’t He just make it so that whatever makes us have to go to Hell isn’t necessary in the first place? Not just believers: everyone.

There’s the argument that God did exactly that through Jesus, but why? Why would he do that when Jesus’s resurrection happened 2,000 years ago (give or take), and we don’t have any solid evidence that the actual miracle of the resurrection (or any other miracles) happened?

3. Dead Babies:
Everything that happens is God’s will, or can be made to fit His will, right? So how do dead babies make any [staff edit] sense? Babies don’t sin, and their lives aren’t object lessons.

4. Why doesn’t God communicate with us in ways that are more sensible and direct?
I mean, His presence is everywhere and all, but why doesn’t He find undeniable ways to show us that He is God? More of the clouds opening with a loud accompanying voice, less of the “communicating with us through our consciences” stuff.

I mean, His presence is supposed to be implicit, but it’s not. And even if it were – why couldn’t it be more obvious? Why would the subtlety even be necessry?

Heaven is a big deal in the Bible. Miracles are a big deal in the Bible. But in my own life, and looking at scientific evidence and (not necessarily scientific) well-recorded data, there’s nothing that seems to indicate either one. Few modern-day miracle stories even do anything to prove YHWH, much less the resurrection.

Hello,

Those are normal thoughts but it comes because what one knows is not exactly what is written in the Bible. To understand everything one must first know what the Bible actually says. One of them is that there is no fiery Hell where people are tormented forever. It doesn't fit with God's personality, 1 John 4:8. Second, the Bible says: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalm 146:4) Therefore, when we die, we cease to exist. The dead can’t think, act, or feel anything. Think about it. In what state was Adam and Eve before they were created? Not alive somewhere else. The word that is often translated as Hell comes from the Hebrew and Greek words "she'ohl" and "hai'des". Ecclesiates 9:5 says “There is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave [“Sheol,” footnote], where you are going.” The fiery Hell often known is not Biblical nor has anything to do with it. It's a Pagan belief that was introduced in the 3rd century to keep the new converts from the Germanic and Celtic tribes obedient as the Church was wrongfully forcing Christianity down their throats. As for Heaven, God has said only a specific few go there. Revelation 14:1-5 says that only 144,000 people will be chosen to go to Heaven from Jesus's Resurrection to Armageddon. These are people who are up-most devoted to God. Therefore, God wouldn't chose babies to go to Heaven as they can't think rationally and act upon it.

As for the matter of Sin. It is important to know that God doesn't inflict nobody with pain or suffering. “Each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin.”—James 1:14, 15. Another point to note is that God doesn't control the world. The Bible reveals that Satan is “the god of this system of things” and that he is joined by powerful wicked spirits called demons. "Among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through-2 Corinthians 4:4. So why does God allow suffering to happen? It all has to do with the dilemma in the Garden of Eden. When Satan tricked Eve, he wasn't challenging God's power, he and Adam and Eve were challenging God's right to rule them. The Tree of Good and Bad was placed in the Gardern to see if Adam and Eve would be obedient as he had created them with free will and not as robots, Genesis 3:1-5. Remember, Satan told her that she didn't need God to decide what was right or wrong. Imagine if God had destroyed them there. All the other Angels, who were watching, would then think, 'mm maybe Satan and the humans were right, maybe we don't need God to rule ourselves.'
So God is letting time pass so all of His creation can see who is truly right, Satan and mankind or God. That is why he doesn't interfere in the world. If he did, he would be helping Satan in his challenge. He will interfere when the time for the final fight, Armageddon, comes.

I will write more later as I have ran out of time. I will also answer your other questions if you want. I hope you have a good day.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have the same type of doubts. I think asking questions is good.

Honestly I just go to church because it's what I do. I am not so rationalistic about my faith, maybe that is why I naturally gravitate more towards Lutheranism. As a Lutheran I also don't really focus on the "omni-God" philosophical type stuff as much. The stuff we would call "the hidden God". Because honestly the hidden God is not a place you can find reason for faith- not for Luther, and not for me.

Being a Christian is really very simple, it is just following Jesus as best we can. It does not mean we live without doubts or that we find the existence of God obvious.
Nice to have a person with a more philosophical wise approach . I could explain all that's neccessary ,but the truth is not wanted . As for the poster , they are correct to pose these questions . What's interesting is some of the resentful answers which just turn people away, further .We are 2000 years since Jesus 'sacrifice , but most do not see that much has happened since then -blind guides they are .

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus did not dismiss Thomas,and He was very lenient to others especially Peter .
So maybe you could come up with a better answer .
Note in particular verse 29 of John 20:27-29 NKJV:
27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas,a]">[a] because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

3. Dead Babies:

I have re read your post and other quotes etc.The reason you are not getting answers from God is because you heart is not in the right ,good place .
There is no tranformation ,nor any wish for such .
You are without true love and without true faith ,and you are not recieving the H.S.because of that .Until you repent of your deep sins ,and ask God to help you to do so, you will recieve no answers -God is not mocked and sees into our hearts unlike humans .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Frankly, most Christians do not know how to pray. We must pray convinced that our prayers will be answered, and most believers are filled with doubt. I include myself in that group, btw, but I at least know what hinders my prayers when they are hindered.

God can not do anything. He is Truth and can not lie. He is Life and can not die. I am sure you have heard the answer before, but God does not violate our free will. The gifts and the callings of God are without repentance. He will not make us do anything.

Not everything that happens is God's will. Do you believe that it was God's will for Adam and Even to sin and bring the curse into His creation? There are many things that happen because of the laws of God that he set in motion. If sperm joins with an egg, babies are born. Since the entire universe is affected by the curse that Adam and Eve brought into creation, babies can be born with diseases or malfunctioning parts. The laws of life are corrupted by the curse.

He is a Spirit and we are body, soul and spirit. He wants us to learn to be spiritual and commune with Him in the Spirit, but you want God to be carnal and commune with us materially. Maturing in Christ means being one with God and intimate with his ways, will and leading. You want to remain immature.

Arguments do not prove Christianity. The power and presence of God prove Him to those who experience Him. Only Socratic questioning is useful in helping a person uncover why they do not want to believe in God and Jesus.
So you dismiss the at least basic argument for a Creator /designer from the order of everything in the universe .
We need to begin with this quote from Romans 1:20 "Since the creation of the world God's invisible attributes ,namely His eternal power ,and Divine nature...so that we are without excuse ..."
And then we need to expand with whatever is neccessary to (physics etc more and more show
God's amazing detail ) help those with rarional minds to come to know Him personally and not dismiss them .

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Audacious... this GOD..He is not a man. Nor does He think like man. So.. from your heart..you must mean it..that is the key. Ask Him....no.. ask this Jesus.. tell Him all your cares.. ask this God of Abraham Issac and Jacob.. if this GOD is SO real.. He will show up :)

Many can give story after story of how REAL God is..others.. simply have faith..which is so humbling. So ask HIM...

• Agree
Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Note in particular verse 29 of John 20:27-29 NKJV:
27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas,a]">[a] because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
Then why did He choose Albert Einstein to head up the great developments in physics and so on - a man who studied physics and maths etc. in order to know more about God whom he did not seem to know personally ?
There is much more going on than simple 'believers' can understand, as yet , and that is why we are told , faith first ,(then knowledge ) .
Because some people cannot even begin to understand the most basic science, such as the earth going around the sun etc. they cannot begin to understand the great Majesty of a God and of what immensity is His Creation etc.
Other questions not answered by simple first level christians .How and why does this happen ?
?????

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Then why did He choose Albert Einstein to head up the great developments in physics and so on - a man who studied physics and maths etc. in order to know more about God whom he did not seem to know personally .
There is much more going on than simple 'believers' can understand, as yet , and that is why we are told , faith first ,(then knowledge ) . Because some people cannot even begin to understand the most basic science such as the earth going around the sun hey begin to understand the great Majesty of a God and of what
immensity is His Creation etc. Other questions not answered by simple first level christians .How and why does this happen ?
?????
FWE, you can ask Him personally when you get to heaven.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Audacious... this GOD..He is not a man. Nor does He think like man. So.. from your heart..you must mean it..that is the key. Ask Him....no.. ask this Jesus.. tell Him all your cares.. ask this God of Abraham Issac and Jacob.. if this GOD is SO real.. He will show up :)

Many can give story after story of how REAL God is..others.. simply have faith..which is so humbling. So ask HIM...
FWE, you can ask Him personally when you get to heaven.
Dear Dave , that was a rhetorical question .I know the answer at least in part .:idea::wave:

• Friendly
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0