Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I feel like I have a lot of doubts. I know intellectually God has to exist but it's like I have an unbelieving heart. I don't even fear hell like I should. It's like I have to watch my own heart harden and burn and I can't stop. I feel like God is done giving me chances. Not because He's cruel or has petty grudges but because of how deep my sins are and how unbelieving my heart seems to be. The heart is deceitful and wicked above all else, who can know it? I don't know what to do.

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had 100% faith and then a few days ago I felt a little unbelief crop in. I prayed to God about it. Asked for a believing heart again. The next day was an emotional day with grief but through it I found my faith again and experienced His comfort. He answered it.

Pray. It's okay to ask Him for a believing heart again. I did. After all He gave it us to begin with. I don't know why or how we can go from total conviction to doubts. I think it was from reading some threads on here but the Lord will fix it. He's not willing for us to be lost.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know intellectually God has to exist but it's like I have an unbelieving heart.

But if you know God exists then you cannot have an unbelieving heart. Your faith defeats doubt.

The heart is deceitful and wicked above all else, who can know it? I don't know what to do.

2 Timothy 2:13

In another thread, On the verge of giving up posters mentioned that we should not extend how we are feeling at a given time to how God perceives us in fullness.

Romans 9:35-39

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I know you're having trouble with this. Please try to let go of fear and anxiety. GOD is the opposite of such emotions and He loves you.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The heart is deceitful and wicked above all else,

Thing is, we have control over our hearts, so don't let yours deceive you..

Doesn't matter how much you have sinned, as long as you get it together, repent, and get on the right track you're fine, but you have to believe God in order to do that, in that he's made it clear he forgives you no matter how many/how bad the sins..

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thing is, we have control over our hearts, so don't let yours deceive you..

Doesn't matter how much you have sinned, as long as you get it together, repent, and get on the right track you're fine, but you have to believe God in order to do that, in that he's made it clear he forgives you no matter how many/how bad the sins..

“You shall loosen your hand from your heritage that I gave to you, and I will make you serve your enemies in a land that you do not know, for in my anger a fire is kindled that shall burn forever." Thus says the Lord: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the Lord. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭17:4-6, 9‬ ‭ESV

I was trying to quote Jeremiah 17:9. Reading the context I found the rest. A fire kindled in God's anger that burns forever, and cursed is the man whose heart turns away from the Lord... :(

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
But if you know God exists then you cannot have an unbelieving heart. Your faith defeats doubt.

2 Timothy 2:13

In another thread, On the verge of giving up posters mentioned that we should not extend how we are feeling at a given time to how God perceives us in fullness.

Romans 9:35-39

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I know you're having trouble with this. Please try to let go of fear and anxiety. GOD is the opposite of such emotions and He loves you.

I mean I don't think I have saving faith. Like the verse "...even demons believe there is one God, and shudder."

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
I feel like I have a lot of doubts. I know intellectually God has to exist but it's like I have an unbelieving heart. I don't even fear hell like I should. It's like I have to watch my own heart harden and burn and I can't stop. I feel like God is done giving me chances. Not because He's cruel or has petty grudges but because of how deep my sins are and how unbelieving my heart seems to be. The heart is deceitful and wicked above all else, who can know it? I don't know what to do.

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness,,,
So you think you have a unbelieving heart? UnbelievabLE. Hows about a Reprobate mind?

Can you think about this? IF you had an "unbeleiveing heart", God would have given you over to a "reprobate mind" and you wouldn't even be here to worry about it. Can you see the logic?

If you had an "unbeleiveing heart", God would give you a "reprobate mind" and you would believe the lie. These guys are out shooting cats with a crossbow tonight, not on a Christian forum worried about their fear and trembling.

Remember I tried the John MacArthur Calvinist tact? It's Not for Everyone, I know. But John also said that a reprobate mind was a worthless mind. It's the wrath of abandonment man, what abummer.

"So, because they will not know God, verse 28 says, God gives them up. And to what? Quickly, "A reprobate mind." And what is a reprobate mind? It means a worthless mind, by the way. They said God is worthless, so God gave them over to a worthless mind. And God just throws them out because they have a worthless mind. It doesn't come up to his standard. He gives them over to their debauched and depraved reason. They find God worthless to their knowledge and God gives them over to a worthless mind.

Abandoned by God, Part 2
And we're T minus 30 minutes to:
Peaceful Sabbath.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sweety stop believing these negative voices, have faith in GOD and not yourself. Wanting to share a beautiful song with you, listen to the words.

I listened to that, still, I don't know if that's for me. I don't seem to have any assurance of salvation.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The very fact that you are here on this thread proclaiming your love for HIM shows your heart to us and we are human. How much more do you think God see's your heart and effort? If your heart was truly turned away from God, you would not be speaking with us about it. Your heart desires God and I can hear it. He is NOT angry with you or gathering wood to burn you at the stakes with, HE loves you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“You shall loosen your hand from your heritage that I gave to you, and I will make you serve your enemies in a land that you do not know, for in my anger a fire is kindled that shall burn forever." Thus says the Lord: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the Lord. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭17:4-6, 9‬ ‭ESV

I was trying to quote Jeremiah 17:9. Reading the context I found the rest. A fire kindled in God's anger that burns forever, and cursed is the man whose heart turns away from the Lord... :(

Have you "turned away"?

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness,,,
So you think you have a unbelieving heart? UnbelievabLE. Hows about a Reprobate mind?

Can you think about this? IF you had an "unbeleiveing heart", God would have given you over to a "reprobate mind" and you wouldn't even be here to worry about it. Can you see the logic?

If you had an "unbeleiveing heart", God would give you a "reprobate mind" and you would believe the lie. These guys are out shooting cats with a crossbow tonight, not on a Christian forum worried about their fear and trembling.

Remember I tried the John MacArthur Calvinist tact? It's Not for Everyone, I know. But John also said that a reprobate mind was a worthless mind. It's the wrath of abandonment man, what abummer.

"So, because they will not know God, verse 28 says, God gives them up. And to what? Quickly, "A reprobate mind." And what is a reprobate mind? It means a worthless mind, by the way. They said God is worthless, so God gave them over to a worthless mind. And God just throws them out because they have a worthless mind. It doesn't come up to his standard. He gives them over to their debauched and depraved reason. They find God worthless to their knowledge and God gives them over to a worthless mind.

Abandoned by God, Part 2
And we're T minus 30 minutes to:
Peaceful Sabbath.
What? I feel like since I strayed and haven't always put God first He has reason to harden my heart and give a reprobate mind.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Have you "turned away"?

I strayed from the faith my junior year. I have been remainded of how depraved my sin was in that time. I fear I am not saved and cannot be saved.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I fear I am not saved and cannot be saved.

Why exactly? You don't think God is capable of doing what he said he would? Did he tell you personally he won't be forgiving your sins, they are just too bad?

If not, I'm not seeing the problem

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Why exactly? You don't think God is capable of doing what he said he would? Did he tell you personally he won't be forgiving your sins, they are just too bad?

If not, I'm not seeing the problem
Have you "turned away"?

I strayed from the faith my junior year. I have been remainded of how depraved my sin was in that time. I fear I am not saved and cannot be saved.

There's a lot about the people who turn away being hardened, reprobate, and burned forever or cursed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
What? I feel like since I strayed and haven't always put God first He has reason to harden my heart and give a reprobate mind.

It's like for some reason I can't explain this.

The people that REALLY:

have an unbelieving heart.

Are the people that God gives over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness,,,

AND those are the REPROBate people who could not care less about working out their salvation with fear and trembling.

The REAL Reprobate minded people don't come to Christian forums and worry about their salvation. They are lost and gone forever, dreadful sorry clementine.

I don't even fear hell like I should.

See, neither do I. Because I know I'm not going to hell. I was picked by the Father from before the foundation of the universe. I was born to follow the Lamb.

Guys that are picked don't worry about going to hell.

But the reprobate mind people just don't care. They are not concerned about it.

Why?

Because:

God gave them over

God gave them over

God gave them over

God gave them over

Sunset Today: 8:47 pm
Peaceful Sabbath

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The heart is deceitful. The Holy Spirit is not. In your heart you lean to your own understanding. When you trust the Holy Spirit, you yield to Him. He intercedes with Jesus, seated at the Right Hand of God. Jesus lifts your prayer, your pleas, up to Him.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's a lot about the people who turn away being hardened, reprobate, and burned forever or cursed.
HE never turns away. You're a Christian. You've confessed Romans 10:8-13. You've read his follow-up assurance in Romans 8:1, John 5:24, Ephesians 2:8-9. You, personally, in the flesh, can't get over these doubts. HE, in the Spirit, has already overcome them. Believe, receive, rejoice!!

• Optimistic
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had 100% faith and then a few days ago I felt a little unbelief crop in. I prayed to God about it. Asked for a believing heart again. The next day was an emotional day with grief but through it I found my faith again and experienced His comfort. He answered it.

Pray. It's okay to ask Him for a believing heart again. I did. After all He gave it us to begin with. I don't know why or how we can go from total conviction to doubts. I think it was from reading some threads on here but the Lord will fix it. He's not willing for us to be lost.
It shows how daily prayer and the Scriptures are so important to strengthen faith (2 Peter 3.18) :) .

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

That's what ill ask for

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0