Alabama, USA
✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What are your thoughts on these? Did you use one during your pregnancy? If so, how early?

I found a site that rents dopplers and claims they work as early as 10 weeks. I've been thinking about getting one but probably not until atleast 12 weeks so I'm sure it will pick up the heartbeat.

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The doctor uses the doppler at every appt, and thats fine with me. I honestly wouldnt really want to rent one, dont know why, probably because i am to anxious of a person and i dont need to b frantically searching around for a heartbeat everyday..lol

Upvote 0
R

RoseofLima

In your situation- where you have lost babies-- it might be a great comfort and peace of mind. Just remember that the sonography isn't something to take lightly, however, and they really aren't sure of the long term out comes of exposure. The doppler has a more intense beam than even the big machines- so if you get one just use caution--or maybe save it for days when you are really not at peace.

I had a very good friend who lost a baby- and decided to rent a doppler for her last month of pregnancy, just for the peace of mind. LOL! It turned out that her baby was so active, she never even had to use it- until she was in early labor.

Upvote 0

Mum2Be

Dec 11, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟7,692.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I hired a doppler at 11 weeks and have loved having it! I'm now 21 weeks and I'm thinking of sending it back because I'm feeling bub move about heaps.

At first it took up to 15 minutes to find bubs heartbeat - sometimes I couldn't find it at all. I think that IF I didn't accept that I wouldn't find it every time then those occasions would have been a bit stressful. I've lost two bubs as well - so I understand how you may want the extra reassurance.

Personally, I'll be renting a doppler next time I'm pregnant. I've been able to record the heartbeat and send it to family and friends and share the pregnancy with everyone who I love.

Upvote 0

Jennie726

Blessed Mommy & Wife
Feb 20, 2006
Alabama, USA
✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In your situation- where you have lost babies-- it might be a great comfort and peace of mind. Just remember that the sonography isn't something to take lightly, however, and they really aren't sure of the long term out comes of exposure. The doppler has a more intense beam than even the big machines- so if you get one just use caution--or maybe save it for days when you are really not at peace.

I had a very good friend who lost a baby- and decided to rent a doppler for her last month of pregnancy, just for the peace of mind. LOL! It turned out that her baby was so active, she never even had to use it- until she was in early labor.

I only thought of renting one until 20 weeks more than likely because I was able to feel our twins move at 16 weeks, although it wasn't regular. I really would just like to get one for those days where I am worried about the baby. I don't plan on using one every day. I think I probably will get one but I'll order it after I'm past 12 weeks.

Thanks, ladies! :wave:

Upvote 0