United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi
how about not using the the name I gave you earlier on the forum please. I never use names as my handle.
Thanks. That was meant just for you because you asked. I didn't expect you to call me that on the forum. The virus is called hamster and is an old one. My computer is still messed up and my monitor went out tonight. i wonder if I am getting some kind of message, lol.
Chances are you won't need another but if you do use rts or whatever. usually people don't use their real names.
Have a nice day!
Are you getting the meaning of my new name:)?
I guess I have to go back to my old computer with XP
I am grateful to have something to go back to.

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi
how about not using the the name I gave you earlier on the forum please. I never use names as my handle.
Thanks. That was meant just for you because you asked. I didn't expect you to call me that on the forum. The virus is called hamster and is an old one. My computer is still messed up and my monitor went out tonight. i wonder if I am getting some kind of message, lol.
Chances are you won't need another but if you do use rts or whatever. usually people don't use their real names.
Have a nice day!

Hi :)
You're right, sorry. I didn't think that through. (Also edited the comment in the other thread, just in case).

Hamster you say? Hmm. Microsoft Security Essentials is supposed to be able to remove that virus. Which of course only works if your monitor isn't black. I also read that this virus likes to spread in the network, so I would try to get rid of it as soon as possible.

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you getting the meaning of my new name:)?
I guess I have to go back to my old computer with XP
I am grateful to have something to go back to.

My wild guess would be "going back to the God who put you here" :)

XP. Good old times :D I only have PCs with Win7 and Win10, my old laptops all died...

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you
  • You are right that is the meaning.
  • My monitor went out last night and my computer went dead this morning.
  • Thanks for understanding about the name
  • Have a nice evening

What a nice list LOL
I hope you are doing fine (besides your PC that is) :) Have a good evening as well!

If your PC ever decides to turn on again and you don't know what to do with it, feel free to message me :)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Problem it's all being manipulated. This site says it's certificate is bad. It seems far reaching if I change the hard drive will that work? My suggestion is you go off the site. O sm upset with them that they have not warned you all

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Problem it's all being manipulated. This site says it's certificate is bad. It seems far reaching if I change the hard drive will that work? My suggestion is you go off the site. O sm upset with them that they have not warned you all

What do you mean by "manipulated"? The websites you want to open say the connection is not safe?

Replacing the hard drive would work, if you got a spare one with an OS on it.

Don't worry about us though, the forums are fine. The certificate is on your PC and whatever this virus is doing, it probably changed it.
But it sounds like you're using the infected PC still? Or is the certificate bad on your XP-machine? Then it might also be because that OS is outdated :p

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's a warning on my phone also. Everything is asking that I repeat my password. I am afraid to open my email as I think it is there also I am trying to use my cell for everything but if I open my email with the cell it might get in my cejj. Please pm me so I don't have so many steps if you are not afraid. Thanks. Smile

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The only thing I think will save me now is a virus CD. Downloading is not possible and it is spreading from program to program I believe. So I need to find a good one. REmember also that dialup doesn't allow much time for the big files to be downloaded.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only thing I think will save me now is a virus CD. Downloading is not possible and it is spreading from program to program I believe. So I need to find a good one. REmember also that dialup doesn't allow much time for the big files to be downloaded.

That's actually a great idea! Kaspersky is probably the best software to fight malware, and they offer a free "emergency-disc". Here's a link to it Kaspersky Rescue Disk 18.0.11.3c - Download - COMPUTER BILD

It was last updated in December 2020 and it says it works for windows XP as well.

The question remaining is: how do you get it since you can't download it? I hope you have a nice neighbour who is willing to download it on a disc for you :)

Upvote 0