Visit site
✟174,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am going to get off shortly, I have stressed myself over this.
Have a good day!
I guess those links didn't work and the screenshot still isn't working
I turned my original problem over to cf staff so we will see what happens.
Don't click on any bitcoin links, lol
blessings!

Alright :) Don't stress yourself, Rox. Everything is fixable.
Have a good night later and talk to you tomorrow :)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think I start understanding why you can't post a screenshot. BB-Code (the thing you're stuck at if I assume correctly) allows URLs only. So you'd either have to upload the screenshot to a free website like imgur.com or send me an email LOL

I'm highly confused though why it doesn't say "Use Rich Text Editor" below your text box. I even checked on my phone and it's the same there.
Maybe it has to do with everything else being gone at the bottom? I mean no smilies bolds or what followed, etc?
You mean you never went to bed??

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry to hear that! In case you'd like to run a professional software to test your PC I would recommend "malwarebytes".
I myself usually do it according to the non-existent saying "pray, restart and hope for the best!"
Does it have a big white M with a red background?
Thats what my malware looks like.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are you worried about me? Lol. It might be a little bit too late for that already though - it's 5:54am.

"Are you worried about me"
I wanted to go back to this but I kept forgetting.
Why wouldn't I be worried about you? I kept you up half of the night. I worry about people, don't you. If there is some sort of plight.
Okay, now I can go to bed, I am so tired.
night

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe it has to do with everything else being gone at the bottom? I mean no smilies bolds or what followed, etc?
You mean you never went to bed??

The only way I found to get rid of the smileys, bold, link etc. is by switching to BB-Code (which then looks like the screenshot I sent yesterday). But if you had done that then it should say "Use Rich Text Editor" below your text box (the text box without smileys, bold and so on) to return back to the normal thing.

So either there is another way to get rid of the text-editing tools (which I am not aware of) or your CF is broken and it doesn't let you return to normal text box. But I cannot say for sure without seeing it :)

And don't worry, I went to bed when you said you'll get off soon. It was just 6am.

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does it have a big white M with a red background?
Thats what my malware looks like.

Do you mean this M?
upload_2021-3-15_14-43-54.png

That's McAfee. You can use it although there are better options in my humble opinion. While this program is more about protecting your PC (for example when downloading stuff) and less about finding already existing malware, Malwarebytes is just for that: checking whether there is anything on your PC that doesn't belong there.
Their M looks like this:
upload_2021-3-15_14-47-40.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Are you worried about me"
I wanted to go back to this but I kept forgetting.
Why wouldn't I be worried about you? I kept you up half of the night. I worry about people, don't you. If there is some sort of plight.
Okay, now I can go to bed, I am so tired.
night

When you said "I'm going to get off shortly" I did not expect you to stay up until 5am -.-
You are not any less crazy than me!
Of course I worry about people as well, but I wouldn't call me staying up late a "plight" :D Thank you though <3

I hope you'll get a good rest, see you in like 6 hours (because you better sleep that long) :)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you mean this M?
View attachment 296292
That's McAfee. You can use it although there are better options in my humble opinion. While this program is more about protecting your PC (for example when downloading stuff) and less about finding already existing malware, Malwarebytes is just for that: checking whether there is anything on your PC that doesn't belong there.
Their M looks like this:
View attachment 296293
No its not Macafee.
I try not to pay for anything, lol
Since you know a lot about it do you think I should restore back a ways? Will that help?
Also, I I use my other computer and access the same places as this sick computer will it somehow contaminate the other one because I am using some of the same stuff?
This is not your fault, you are an innocent bystander.
I was at the choice of politics and religion as I am confused about it. politics doesn't have my choice and religion doesn't either, I don't get it??
Happy evening to you:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No its not Macafee.
I try not to pay for anything, lol
Since you know a lot about it do you think I should restore back a ways? Will that help?
Also, I I use my other computer and access the same places as this sick computer will it somehow contaminate the other one because I am using some of the same stuff?
This is not your fault, you are an innocent bystander.
I was at the choice of politics and religion as I am confused about it. politics doesn't have my choice and religion doesn't either, I don't get it??
Happy evening to you:)

Hi Rox! :) Good afternoon to you!

If your other PC is infected it most likely is a local issue. I assume you are accessing the internet via a router, and those things have their own, internal firewall. Your 2nd PC should be perfectly fine and safe.

Did you notice anything weird with your (maybe) infected PC other than this forum? I would not reset anything before you are sure it is not an issue with the website only.

Since you are using another PC now: is your text box back to normal? Can you use bold and send screenshots on this PC?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi Rox! :) Good afternoon to you!

If your other PC is infected it most likely is a local issue. I assume you are accessing the internet via a router, and those things have their own, internal firewall. Your 2nd PC should be perfectly fine and safe.

Did you notice anything weird with your (maybe) infected PC other than this forum? I would not reset anything before you are sure it is not an issue with the website only.

Since you are using another PC now: is your text box back to normal? Can you use bold and send screenshots on this PC?
I am using the infected computer. I am on dial up. I don't have a router.
So do you think it would help to restore this the infected computer back to a restore point?
There is no change with this one, no special effects.:(
I have to make a purchase on line and I am wary, yikes.
A lot of things were going on yesterday with this computer. The whole screen when white and I had to do a control, alt and delete to get it back and other quirky things were going on.

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am using the infected computer. I am on dial up. I don't have a router.
So do you think it would help to restore this the infected computer back to a restore point?
There is no change with this one, no special effects.:(
I have to make a purchase on line and I am wary, yikes.
A lot of things were going on yesterday with this computer. The whole screen when white and I had to do a control, alt and delete to get it back and other quirky things were going on.

You are on dial up? Oh dear! That is a little outdated :D
The white-screen thing doesn't sound too healthy, hmm. If you didn't do anything important on your PC lately (after the last restore point) then it might be a good idea to set it back to that point.

In case you have to make an urgent purchase I would use the other, unaffected PC if possible.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You are on dial up? Oh dear! That is a little outdated :D
The white-screen thing doesn't sound too healthy, hmm. If you didn't do anything important on your PC lately (after the last restore point) then it might be a good idea to set it back to that point.

In case you have to make an urgent purchase I would use the other, unaffected PC if possible.
My ebay on this computer has been asking for my password but it is unencrypted so I tried on my phone and didn't succeed so I figure I can use this computer if it doesn't ask for my password as the payment process is different and shouldn't be able to scam it.
Thanks for the help!!

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,337.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My ebay on this computer has been asking for my password but it is unencrypted so I tried on my phone and didn't succeed so I figure I can use this computer if it doesn't ask for my password as the payment process is different and shouldn't be able to scam it.
Thanks for the help!!

Anytime :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever tried logging out from CF and then logging back in? No clue whether that fixes anything, but perhaps it's worth a try. Usually logging out resets such settings to the standard.
Yes i have. They are giving me a new name, wait a while and see it you can find me, lol

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Returntosender? What if I don't want to return you o_O
Hi
how about not using the the name I gave you earlier on the forum please. I never use names as my handle.
Thanks. That was meant just for you because you asked. I didn't expect you to call me that on the forum. The virus is called hamster and is an old one. My computer is still messed up and my monitor went out tonight. i wonder if I am getting some kind of message, lol.
Chances are you won't need another but if you do use rts or whatever. usually people don't use their real names.
Have a nice day!

Upvote 0