Don't Do It, Liam Neeson!

B

Basil the Great

Lord have mercy. If he does, I will not see his movies anymore.

Your response reminds me of the response that a friend of my mom's gave when she heard that actress Anne Heche was involved in a gay relationship. My mom's friend vowed to boycott her films in protest.

I am not criticizing your position, mind you. Most all of us boycott products or certain films or political parties for a wide variety of reasons.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
He lost his wife not too long ago.

He very well might be going through something.

That may be true. He has nothing in common with Islam, maybe he is searching, the sad part is that the church in Ireland has taken such a hit that maybe he feels the church is not an option.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That may be true. He has nothing in common with Islam, maybe he is searching, the sad part is that the church in Ireland has taken such a hit that maybe he feels the church is not an option.
Yes. You are thinking along the same lines I was.

I pray he does not do anything rash.

Upvote 0

Starlightsobright

Jesus is Love
Aug 2, 2011
✟22,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I agree. Its not that long ago he lost his wife too.
We need to keep him in our prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Your response reminds me of the response that a friend of my mom's gave when she heard that actress Anne Heche was involved in a gay relationship. My mom's friend vowed to boycott her films in protest.

I am not criticizing your position, mind you. Most all of us boycott products or certain films or political parties for a wide variety of reasons.

There are religions that I think are wrong. There are religions that I think are immoral. And there are a couple of religions that I think are satanic. With regard to people whose religions fall into the first two, I have no problem patronizing their businesses, being polite, etc. With regard to the last, I will not intentionally give money to its practitioners unless it is totally unavoidable. Islam qualifies as the last in my mind.

I don't think I'll change Liam Neeson's mind by not going his movies, but I will stand on my principles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Azureknight 773

IXA the Knight Kamen Rider
Apr 26, 2009
Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0