Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
no Nixon was investigate because there was a clear crime committed and he was investigated to see if he participated in that specific crime.

Which is what Mueller is doing. There have been many crimes committed; some of the perps have already confessed. We're just waiting to see who else was involved.

In the case of Trump we have an investigation doing everything it can to find or invent a crime.

Sorry, that's false. As you see, we've already had numerous Trump underlings convicted or pleading guilty to crimes.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no Nixon was investigate because there was a clear crime committed and he was investigated to see if he participated in that specific crime. In the case of Trump we have an investigation doing everything it can to find or invent a crime. "show me the man and I will show you the crime"
Lavrentiy Beria, head of Joseph Stalin's secret police

The Nixon case from what I know of it only seems clear cut in retrospect, he wasn’t caught out before the investigation began. Can you explain what you mean in regards to Trump? It seems evident that he has lied in order to cover up an number of different things. If you are going to make comparisons with Stalin’s Russia perhaps you should find something out about it first? It would be interesting to hear the analysis behind your statement about ‘inventing a crime’ - who is trying to do that and how? Can you give a more detailed breakdown of why you think that?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Which is what Mueller is doing. There have been many crimes committed; some of the perps have already confessed. We're just waiting to see who else was involved.

Sorry, that's false. As you see, we've already had numerous Trump underlings convicted or pleading guilty to crimes.
Please tell us about any guilty plea or conviction that proves that Trump committed a crime of any kind. Just cant find one can you? So what we have are crimes not related to directly to Trump and a few cases of people who did not tell the truth for reasons of their own. Again a big Nothing Burger.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Nixon case from what I know of it only seems clear cut in retrospect, he wasn’t caught out before the investigation began. Can you explain what you mean in regards to Trump? It seems evident that he has lied in order to cover up an number of different things. If you are going to make comparisons with Stalin’s Russia perhaps you should find something out about it first? It would be interesting to hear the analysis behind your statement about ‘inventing a crime’ - who is trying to do that and how? Can you give a more detailed breakdown of why you think that?
Can you explain what crime Trump committed? Can you provide any evidence? Now if in fact Trump lied and if that was to cover up a crime and if you could prove that, then you might have something. So far what we have is nothing but a bunch of speculation. If you want to know about the history of Russia you should read about it, that is how I learned. I dont do homework for others.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you explain what crime Trump committed? Can you provide any evidence? Now if in fact Trump lied and if that was to cover up a crime and if you could prove that, then you might have something. So far what we have is nothing but a bunch of speculation. If you want to know about the history of Russia you should read about it, that is how I learned. I dont do homework for others.

Lol c’mon Clint you don’t know much about Russia, we’ve exchanged enough posts for me to know that. Re. the ongoing investigation, I’m sure you don’t expect me to prove anything as I’m not involved in it, but, as in any criminal case, there will be a progression of indictments and further revelations about what has actually been going on, it’s unlikely to suddenly implode simply because it has taken a while.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lol c’mon Clint you don’t know much about Russia, we’ve exchanged enough posts for me to know that. Re. the ongoing investigation, I’m sure you don’t expect me to prove anything as I’m not involved in it, but, as in any criminal case, there will be a progression of indictments and further revelations about what has actually been going on, it’s unlikely to suddenly implode simply because it has taken a while.
one thing i know for absolute certain, you know substantially less about me than I know about Russia. So far the progression of indictments amounts to nothing as it relates to Trump

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
one thing i know for absolute certain, you know substantially less about me than I know about Russia. So far the progression of indictments amounts to nothing as it relates to Trump

Ok, I'd be interested in hearing what it is that you know. I would say the mid eighties would be a good place to start.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok, I'd be interested in hearing what it is that you know. I would say the mid eighties would be a good place to start.
You are obviously under the fallacious premise that I am here to entertain you. I am not.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are obviously under the fallacious premise that I am here to entertain you. I am not.

? What gives you that impression? Obviously there are limits to what you can cover in a forum with short posts but if you are interested in the whole Trump/Russia/fake news connection, the 80s is the best place to start, for a full picture. That's when the USSR began it's disinformation campaign, and Putin, being fully familiar with that program as a highly placed KGB operative, has continued to find it useful. Not too clear on how far back Trump's ties with shady Russian businessmen go back, but it appears to have started before the 2013 beauty contests.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟369,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian, regarding the claim that the Mueller investigation is nothing:

Please tell us about any guilty plea or conviction that proves that Trump committed a crime of any kind.

Be patient. When a crime family is being investigated, they pick off the underlings first, and see what they can find out about the leadership. Maybe Trump did know nothing at all about all this criminal activity, and he was just the patsy for all the crooks he hired. It's possible. In time, we'll know.

Just cant find one can you?

The question is whether or not Mueller will find one. We'll know in a while. Be patient. Whether Trump is a criminal or just a weak leader will become apparent after the investigation concludes.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟369,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Have you told the CIA because I think they would want to know

They have all of it. When Trump denied any dealings with Russia or Russians, they likely knew then that he was lying.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They have all of it. When Trump denied any dealings with Russia or Russians, they likely knew then that he was lying.
And you can see that it made no difference to them because it was a big nothing.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Barbarian, regarding the claim that the Mueller investigation is nothing:

Be patient. When a crime family is being investigated, they pick off the underlings first, and see what they can find out about the leadership. Maybe Trump did know nothing at all about all this criminal activity, and he was just the patsy for all the crooks he hired. It's possible. In time, we'll know.

The question is whether or not Mueller will find one. We'll know in a while. Be patient. Whether Trump is a criminal or just a weak leader will become apparent after the investigation concludes.
Mueller is doing the best he can to invent a crime but all he can do is find crimes that have nothing to do with Trump and then try to squeeze the people with threats in an effort to get false testimony against Trump. Seems not to be working for him so far.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟369,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mueller is doing the best he can to invent a crime

No need for that. So far, he's exposed lots of real ones.

but all he can do is find crimes that have nothing to do with Trump

All of them are connected to Trump. Whether or not Trump was actually involved or was an innocent dupe for the criminals who did them, is still to be determined.

and then try to squeeze the people with threats

That's how law enforcement deals with crime organizations. It works.

Be patient. There's more to come.

Last year, Donald Trump Jr. testified that he never informed his father of a meeting with Russian officials promising “dirt” on Hillary Clinton. It seemed hard to believe that the ne’er-do-well son would neglect to seek credit for his expected campaign coup from the father whose approval he so obviously craves. And now it seems that Robert Mueller has obtained proof that it is not in fact true. The Trump family lies all the time, of course, but doing it under oath is a crime.

Two days ago, Gabriel Sherman reported that White House officials are concerned about Donald Jr. “I’m very worried about Don Jr.,” a former West Wing official told Sherman, who fears Mueller will be able to prove perjury. Deep in a report about Trump’s 2020 campaign plans, Politico drops the news this morning that Trump Jr. “has told friends in recent weeks that he believes he could be indicted.”

Donald Trump Jr. Expecting to Be Indicted by Mueller Soon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums