Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you think if Adam and eve never sinned, there would be domestication and domestic animals?

From a creationist standpoint, I agree that this is an interesting question.

Since we don't believe in evolution, is it incorrect to say lions and cheetahs are cats?

Exactly. If I believed in creationism, it might be wrong to call them all "cats", because, as you point out.......

....-people say they are cats because they are related by a common ancestor.

Yes, that's correct. Evolution supporters define all "cats" as "all those animals descended from the common ancestor of cats that lived in the oligocene, around 25 million years ago. Details:

The first cats emerged during the Oligocene, about 25 million years ago, with the appearance of Proailurus and Pseudaelurus. The latter species complex was ancestral to two main lines of felids, the cats in the extant subfamilies and a third major group of extinct cats, which are assigned to the subfamily Machairodontinae. Felidae - Wikipedia

So from a creationist standpoint, there might not be much justification to call all these animals "cats".

Christians dont believe in evolution-

Minor correction: A slight majority of (United States) Christians accept evolution. Christians make up around 70% of the population, and only 33% of Americans reject evolution. So even if all of those are Christians (some are Muslims, Jews, etc.), it still would only be a minority of Christians who reject evolution. Here are more details.

evolution2013-2.png
from Public’s Views on Human Evolution

Note that white mainline Protestants accept evolution at an even higher rate than non-Christians!
Worldwide, most Christians are in the Roman Catholic church, which is a strong supporter of evolution - so even if we look outside the US, most Christians accept evolution.

Prior to the fall, all the animals responded to Adam's call...so none of them was actually "wild."

Sorry, but I think this is not likely. It seems to me that this is another belief that makes Christians look silly.

So, OK, I guess I don't have much answer to the OP's question - just some supporting information.

In Christ-

Papias

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
From a creationist standpoint, I agree that this is an interesting question.

Exactly. If I believed in creationism, it might be wrong to call them all "cats", because, as you point out.......

Yes, that's correct. Evolution supporters define all "cats" as "all those animals descended from the common ancestor of cats that lived in the oligocene, around 25 million years ago. Details:

The first cats emerged during the Oligocene, about 25 million years ago, with the appearance of Proailurus and Pseudaelurus. The latter species complex was ancestral to two main lines of felids, the cats in the extant subfamilies and a third major group of extinct cats, which are assigned to the subfamily Machairodontinae. Felidae - Wikipedia

So from a creationist standpoint, there might not be much justification to call all these animals "cats".

Minor correction: A slight majority of (United States) Christians accept evolution. Christians make up around 70% of the population, and only 33% of Americans reject evolution. So even if all of those are Christians (some are Muslims, Jews, etc.), it still would only be a minority of Christians who reject evolution. Here are more details.

evolution2013-2.png
from Public’s Views on Human Evolution

Note that white mainline Protestants accept evolution at an even higher rate than non-Christians!
Worldwide, most Christians are in the Roman Catholic church, which is a strong supporter of evolution - so even if we look outside the US, most Christians accept evolution.

Sorry, but I think this is not likely. It seems to me that this is another belief that makes Christians look silly.

So, OK, I guess I don't have much answer to the OP's question - just some supporting information.

In Christ-

Papias

Why are they called big cats?

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think if Adam and eve never sinned, there would be domestication and domestic animals?
Before they sinned, and before God placed the curse upon the earth (Genesis 3:17) all the animals were tame and did not eat each others or fear man, or man them. Genesis 9:1-3.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,478,030.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think proto dogs looked like wolves?

When Russians domesticated foxes they developed babylike features.

When the Russian furrier domesticated foxes, he discovered that all the features that distinguish a dog from a wolf appear to be part of the same genetic package. If you breed a wild canine for one dog characteristic, you get the entire package--you end up with a fox-ish looking dog rather than say just human-tolerant fox.

But it appears likely that wolf pack omegas might have hung close to human camps (humans being quite good hunters and sloppy eaters from the get-go). The omegas had their pups close to the human camps, and the omegas of their litters hung around the human camps to breed more omegas.

The amazing thing is that it takes only about 10 canine generations to breed a pair of wolves into a pack of dogs. That's well within one human generation. So one person might have first noted wolves hanging around the camp and lived long enough to give a dog pup to his children. And that likely happened many independent occasions around the world.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When the Russian furrier domesticated foxes, he discovered that all the features that distinguish a dog from a wolf appear to be part of the same genetic package. If you breed a wild canine for one dog characteristic, you get the entire package--you end up with a fox-ish looking dog rather than say just human-tolerant fox.

But it appears likely that wolf pack omegas might have hung close to human camps (humans being quite good hunters and sloppy eaters from the get-go). The omegas had their pups close to the human camps, and the omegas of their litters hung around the human camps to breed more omegas.

The amazing thing is that it takes only about 10 canine generations to breed a pair of wolves into a pack of dogs. That's well within one human generation. So one person might have first noted wolves hanging around the camp and lived long enough to give a dog pup to his children. And that likely happened many independent occasions around the world.

So proto dogs looked almost like wolves but with more babylike features? That is my opinion based on the russian fox domestication.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Christians dont believe in evolution-people say they are cats because they are related by a common ancestor.
Lots of Christians believe in evolution. They just think it is how God created the various species.

• Agree
Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even sinners learned to herd sheep, goats and cattle. There is archaeological evidence for the existence of domesticated animals in the early Neolithic period of the Near East. Archaeologists looked for sites where the bones of domestic livestock were mainly female as herders culled out the males except for a few stud males and kept more females for lamb and milk production vital to the herders. When they excavated sites showing a large ratio of female adult to male adult bone assemblages, they had evidence for the domestication of livestock.

https://anthropology.si.edu/archaeobio/images/zeder_ca_2011.pdf

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am sure there were things there we have never seen. Job talks about one yes? :) Then.. for us is it not odd for a snake to talk? Jesus said once if you have them stop then the rocks will cry out. Everything GOD made makes is LIFE! Its alive. So I think.. personally they could understand and talk to all of them. NO I dont think they spoke like English but what ever sound they made..you could and will understand them.

Like if you had pets.. died. They will be there waiting for you. May bark or meow yet you know what they are saying "wheres mom"? How you always talked to them. Kind of stepping out here haha. Its what I personally believe.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beaker

Jan 31, 2008
South Western Ontario
✟32,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If Adam and Eve had never sinned, then Eden would have been as it was created - PERFECT, then Isaiah 11 - 6-9 would have been the norm: 6"The wolf shall live with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the kid, the calf and the lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them. 7The cow and the bear shall graze, their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8The nursing child shall play over the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put its hand on the adder’s den. 9They will not hurt or destroy on all my holy mountain; for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea."

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If Adam and Eve had never sinned, then Eden would have been as it was created - PERFECT, then Isaiah 11 - 6-9 would have been the norm: 6"The wolf shall live with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the kid, the calf and the lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them. 7The cow and the bear shall graze, their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8The nursing child shall play over the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put its hand on the adder’s den. 9They will not hurt or destroy on all my holy mountain; for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea."

Is that verse referring to the Millenium or the New Earth?

Upvote 0

Beaker

Jan 31, 2008
South Western Ontario
✟32,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Is that verse referring to the Millenium or the New Earth?
I would say the new earth, BUT, there would have been no need for a 'new earth' had the original earth been sinless, as El Shaddai had intended.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0