Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you think if Adam and eve never sinned, there would be domestication and domestic animals?

In the beginning man and animals lived in harmony...they were "vegans".
Domestication? you could call it that but I think the word "domestic" doesn't
quite fit because the animals didn't need to be tamed, they lived peacefully
with Adam and Eve in the garden.

Genesis 2:15
It was assigned to Adam to keep/tend(abad) the garden...Hebrew word 'abad' can mean either work at/cultivate or serve.

Keep..shamar in Hebrew, that means to exercise great care over...guard, keep
watch over, preserve...so Adam is the caretaker and guard of the garden.

Adam fails to guard it...him and Eve fall: chapter 3 of Genesis.

Change of order after the flood...Genesis 9:2-3
"The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth,
and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along
the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands."
"Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you.
Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Evolution supporters define all "cats" as "all those animals descended from the common ancestor of cats that lived in the oligocene, around 25 million years ago.

No. Evolutionists define cats as animals that all have an appearance and nature similar to a cat. The assumption is that they all evolved from a common ancestor. The assumption on top of that assumption is that the common ancestor lived in the oligocene era. The assumption on top of that assumption is that the oligocene era was 25 million years ago. Cats are not defined by some vague idea about what happened a bazillion years ago. They are defined based on what they are right now, even if you're an evolutionist. The definition of a cat does not rest atop a house of cards full of assumptions, as though the existence of a "cat" were somehow the proof that the end conclusion is correct, justifying the reasoning that led up to it, because the definition of a cat is what started the line of reasoning. It cannot be both the beginning and the end of the proof. That's circular reasoning.

Otherwise, I could start with the observation of the existence of a rat, build an Aesop's fable based on that notion and conclude that the fable proves the existence of a rat. Therefore, because we see a rat, it proves Aesop's fable, which was built on the original observation that a rat exists.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. Evolutionists define cats as animals that all have an appearance and nature similar to a cat. The assumption is that they all evolved from a common ancestor. The assumption on top of that assumption is that the common ancestor lived in the oligocene era. The assumption on top of that assumption is that the oligocene era was 25 million years ago. Cats are not defined by some vague idea about what happened a bazillion years ago. They are defined based on what they are right now, even if you're an evolutionist. The definition of a cat does not rest atop a house of cards full of assumptions, as though the existence of a "cat" were somehow the proof that the end conclusion is correct, justifying the reasoning that led up to it, because the definition of a cat is what started the line of reasoning. It cannot be both the beginning and the end of the proof. That's circular reasoning.

Otherwise, I could start with the observation of the existence of a rat, build an Aesop's fable based on that notion and conclude that the fable proves the existence of a rat. Therefore, because we see a rat, it proves Aesop's fable, which was built on the original observation that a rat exists.

So wolves and coyotes are dogs? Their nature and appearance is similar.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think if Adam and eve never sinned, there would be domestication and domestic animals?
Another question along the same lines: If Adam never sinned would there be domesticated men?
upload_2017-6-15_16-50-14.jpeg

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On a more serious note; considering that A&E were told to "Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.", then I would suggest that in the event that mankind had not fallen then all creatures would be under the dominion of man serving the Creator, to the benefit of all creation. That the Lion would lie down with the Lamb in the same way that my mongrel dogs lie down with the kittens, not because this is the "natural" way of things but because I have dominion in my home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wildcats and domestic cats look different.

Since we don't believe in evolution, is it incorrect to say lions and cheetahs are cats?
Evolution may be a myth but both natural and anthropogenic selection are very much the way in which God created the biological world to operate. Cats both wild and domesticated may all be classified within the feline family, and are technically capable of being bred together (although the logistics of breeding Leo and Tabitha might prove to be a little difficult).

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
On a more serious note; considering that A&E were told to "Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.", then I would suggest that in the event that mankind had not fallen then all creatures would be under the dominion of man serving the Creator, to the benefit of all creation. That the Lion would lie down with the Lamb in the same way that my mongrel dogs lie down with the kittens, not because this is the "natural" way of things but because I have dominion in my home.

Weren't the lions vegetarian in Eden?

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Evolution is why Lions resemble cats. Men noticed the resemblance, and the resemblance causes the naming as "cats".
Not really.
Natural and Anthropogenic selection is the reason that the feline family has diversified from the Noahic pair, just as for any other animal kind that exhibits speciation.

Clearly natural selection, the molecular fiddler is not equivalent or capable of being equivalent to Creator-less origin and development of biological forms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The animals in the Garden of Eden were tame and Adam walked with God before sin came into the world. The question I have is that when they were made to leave the Garden of Eden there were other people in existence. Were these people also free of sin and were they able to feed freely on the abundance created by God. The Bible says that because of sin man would toil the ground for his food, which is in my mind why domestication of animals was required. Prior to that we did not need to farm and the domestication of animals was to help us work.

Without sin animals were friendly and God provided for their needs. Maybe they were like pets then and provided companionship to Adam and Eve. Im talking myself into an argument that animals weren't domesticated, but in fact became wild because of sin and the remaining "domestication" of animals is in fact the opposite, it is the left over part of companionship from before sin came into the world.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All of the animals were domesticated, until the fall. Wild horses waited on them. They were the first "bareback" horsemen. Little known fact.
Is this a Biblical assertion? I am interested in a source for this information if you've got one.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
C.S. Lewis in his book, "The Problem with Pain," made a cogent comment on this topic. He said that domestic animals are all that is left of God's original plan. Mankind was given dominion over the Earth. As man was made to be in relationship with God, as the vicars of God on Earth, man was made to be in relationship with the animals. Wild animals, in Lewis's opinion, are the unnatural existence of the animal kingdom, not the natural state. So pets live the way God intended. For the dominion mandate is to care and protect for all the animals of the Earth.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes and no. We know that one day we will be "restored" to a time when there was no death, no decay, no disease.... and we have other descriptions that give us a hint of what life might be like. One of those descriptions (from Isaiah) says, "the wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together." Since our restoration is a return to the time before Adam sinned, then if the above is yet to happen, we also know it already happened.

My point is... if the wold will live with the lamb, or a leopard will not hurt the goat.... then in a sense they were and will be domesticated because we will not live in fear of them.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What caused domestic cats to develop the different features they have?
The same thing that causes humans to develop different characteristics. A person closer to the equator will be darker and also taller and skinnier because that allows heat the better escape. A person raised in the extreme north will be lighter, shorter, and stockier as that retains heat. Animals adapted too, as they migrated and were exposed to different conditions.

Upvote 0