DOJ turns over unredacted Mueller report to judge -- more of it now released, especially Trump/Stone

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, Judge Walton. What questions do you have about his impartiality?

I have no further questions. I only asked if I could question the judge's impartiality. I have been told by some that I could. My question has been answered. Do you dispute those that claim I can question the judge's impartiality?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reasonable Americans will follow the Judge's ruling.

If he rules Barr out of bounds, the Trump support group better accept it graciously,

I'm sure they will accept it just as graciously as the Trump deniers have accepted his election and his exoneration by the Senate.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reasonable Americans will follow the Judge's ruling.

If he rules Barr out of bounds, the Trump support group better accept it graciously,

If the Judge rules against the administration, I'm sure it will be appealed to the Supreme Court. I don't believe that we'll see the redacted Mueller report anytime soon, regardless of how the Judge rules -- definitely not before the election.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no further questions. I only asked if I could question the judge's impartiality. I have been told by some that I could. My question has been answered. Do you dispute those that claim I can question the judge's impartiality?
You have permission to question this Judge ... Just bear in mind that each day is a new day.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,331.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You don't think that the collapse of the economy will do him in?
He takes credit when it’s good, blames others when it’s bad, and his supporters believe him.

There’s a sucker born every minute...

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You may well be right, SimplyMe, but we will see. The next administration in 2021, which will be Democratic, will release it on January 22, 2021.

And my guess, if that is the case, while Trump will be upset about losing the election he won't care, at that point, if the Mueller Report is released unredacted. He just wants to keep a lid on thing until he leaves office.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnAshton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You may well be right, SimplyMe, but we will see. The next administration in 2021, which will be Democratic, will release it on January 22, 2021.

Probably not. If Biden does win, he'll probably follow the same 'We need to unite the country now' approach that Pelosi insisted on after Bush.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Probably not. If Biden does win, he'll probably follow the same 'We need to unite the country now' approach that Pelosi insisted on after Bush.

While I agree that the next administration likely won't pursue Trump on "misconduct" they feel Trump undertook as President, we'll still end up getting much of the redacted information. You have to remember this is a private group suing the government to get the information released. Basically, a new administration is unlikely to fight release of the information -- short of actual national security implications. So, for things like the Mueller Report, private entities will request the information under the Freedom of Information Act and a Biden administration is likely to turn over the requested documents.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
DOJ turns over full Mueller report to judge who will rule on lifting William Barr’s redactions

The Department of Justice on Monday turned over an unredacted version of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report on the Russia investigation to a federal judge.

U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton of the District of Columbia has pledge to conduct an independent review of the redactions after he questioned the impartiality of Attorney General William Barr.

LINK

A federal judge who previously said that Attorney General William Barr“distorted” the findings of the redacted Mueller Report confirmed on Monday that he has finally read the unredacted version. U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton then ordered the Department of Justice to answer his questions “regarding certain redactions of the Mueller Report” at an ex parte (one party only) hearing next month.

'Having reviewed the unredacted version of the Mueller Report, the Court cannot assess the merits of certain redactions without further representations from the Department.'

Judge Walton, a George W. Bush appointee, ordered the DOJ to appear at a hearing on July 20 at 9:30 a.m. in order to “address the Court’s questions regarding certain redactions of the Mueller Report.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
ETA: In a Friday night release, DOJ released more of the Mueller Report, removing some redactions, particularly around Stone, who had not yet been convicted.

Mueller’s team contemplated whether Trump had lied to them, newly disclosed sections of report show

The report now says in more blunt language what became clear at Stone’s trial — that multiple Trump campaign aides told investigators then-candidate Trump had engaged in conversations during the 2016 race about what information WikiLeaks might release about his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

In written answers the president gave to Mueller, Trump said he did not recall discussing WikiLeaks with Stone. But multiple witnesses told Mueller’s team that he did have such discussions.

“It is possible that, by the time the President submitted his written answers two years after the relevant events had occurred, he no longer had clear recollections of his discussions with Stone or his knowledge of Stone’s asserted communications with WikiLeaks,” unsealed portions of the report say. “But the President’s conduct could also be viewed as reflecting his awareness that Stone could provide evidence that would run counter to the President’s denials and would link the President to Stone’s efforts to reach out to WikiLeaks.”

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
ETA: In a Friday night release, DOJ released more of the Mueller Report, removing some redactions, particularly around Stone, who had not yet been convicted.

Mueller’s team contemplated whether Trump had lied to them, newly disclosed sections of report show

The report now says in more blunt language what became clear at Stone’s trial — that multiple Trump campaign aides told investigators then-candidate Trump had engaged in conversations during the 2016 race about what information WikiLeaks might release about his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

In written answers the president gave to Mueller, Trump said he did not recall discussing WikiLeaks with Stone. But multiple witnesses told Mueller’s team that he did have such discussions.

“It is possible that, by the time the President submitted his written answers two years after the relevant events had occurred, he no longer had clear recollections of his discussions with Stone or his knowledge of Stone’s asserted communications with WikiLeaks,” unsealed portions of the report say. “But the President’s conduct could also be viewed as reflecting his awareness that Stone could provide evidence that would run counter to the President’s denials and would link the President to Stone’s efforts to reach out to WikiLeaks.”

Given the number of times that Trump touted Wikileaks on his campaign trail (well over 100 times), it's quite a stretch that he had no recollection of discussions about Wikileaks. I could believe that he couldn't recall the content of those discussions, but it's not particularly believable that he couldn't even recall having them.

Upvote 0