✟2,474.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys,

Anyone know much about Mike Huckabee, I am doing some online research and want to know of any of you are from Arkansas and have any info or web pages to add to my research. He really stood out to me in the latest debate and want to learn more about him.

Thanks!

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey guys,

Anyone know much about Mike Huckabee, I am doing some online research and want to know of any of you are from Arkansas and have any info or web pages to add to my research. He really stood out to me in the latest debate and want to learn more about him.

Thanks!

I can tell you that my wife and I are voting for Huckabee. We already have his bumper sticker on our cars. He's a baptist pastor. He takes the clearest and strongest stance against abortion and homosexuality out of any other candidate. He did a wonderful job at the Values Voters Debate. Also someone here on Christian Forums, I forgot who, has a brother who has a blog on him.

Upvote 0

rmw8855

Robin 8^)
May 25, 2007
California
✟67,202.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
If you are interest Kenneth Copeland has had him on his TV show all week (you can find the webcasts on line http://www.bvov.tv/kcm/webcasts.php). They aren't talking about the presidential campaign since that would risk KCM's tax exempt status. Yesterday they were talking about Mike Huckabee's book "Character is the Issue"

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys,

Thanks!

He's a natural choice...

...if you want big tax increases, big increases in government spending, and free governmental services for illegals. That's his record, and he's stickin' to it.

I'm looking for a Conservative candidate myself.

Upvote 0

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Consider this: For Christians who want to serve God and follow Christ, the path will never be into politics.

For politicians who want to use every advantage to get the votes so they can get into the payroll from taxpayers money and get special advantages for their rich supporters, Christianity is a proven method of getting votes.

Politicians cannot serve God, they are completely divided from following Christ. They are taken over by the covert demands and concessions they must make by involving themselves in the world of politics.

And they are living by man-made laws and the dedication to the worldly life.

Christian leaders stay in churches, or, at the very least, they stay out of politics.

All may vote as they please, but please do not vote because a candidate will bring Christianity into political office.

It is the citizens of the country who strengthen their faith and live following in the footsteps of Jesus Christ.

Please read this amazing story:

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=16838314&postcount=22

Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟130,165.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In April 2001, Canadian comedian Rick Mercer aired his Talking to Americans special; in it, Huckabee was recorded congratulating Canada on preserving its "National Igloo"

"Hi, I'm Mike Huckabee of Arkansas, wanting to say 'Congratulations Canada on preserving your national igloo'."

video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bCyy7q_ylc

Can the US, and I live here now, really handle a president who may actually know less than Bush about the rest of the world?

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2007
Visit site
✟7,634.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Huckabee's record speaks for itself. I'm not going to be voting for him by a long shot.

I will, however, support Ron Paul, as he is very consistent in his record, and he has similar views of what I believe our government should be. However, if Ron Paul does not get the nomination, I can't support any of the other republican candidates. The party is corrupt.

The sad thing is that the democratic side doesn't offer much better at the moment. Hillary appears to be the person in that will get the nomination, but I can't say I support her either :cry:

I wrote a post on my blog a long time ago about what I feel us as Christians should look for/vote for in our government.

Upvote 0
C

Cromwe11

Consider this: For Christians who want to serve God and follow Christ, the path will never be into politics.

For politicians who want to use every advantage to get the votes so they can get into the payroll from taxpayers money and get special advantages for their rich supporters, Christianity is a proven method of getting votes.

Politicians cannot serve God, they are completely divided from following Christ. They are taken over by the covert demands and concessions they must make by involving themselves in the world of politics.

And they are living by man-made laws and the dedication to the worldly life.

Christian leaders stay in churches, or, at the very least, they stay out of politics.

All may vote as they please, but please do not vote because a candidate will bring Christianity into political office.

It is the citizens of the country who strengthen their faith and live following in the footsteps of Jesus Christ.

Please read this amazing story:

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=16838314&postcount=22
you should watch the movie amazing grace, infact I recommend it to everyone here... GREAT movie!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Can the US, and I live here now, really handle a president who may actually know less than Bush about the rest of the world?

If you're going to live here, try to get beyond the tiresome anti-Americanism of your former home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
you should watch the movie amazing grace, infact I recommend it to everyone here... GREAT movie!

Amazing Grace is a fine, superb movie about real events.

It has absolute zero connection to Mike Huckabee. nor does it address voting for any politician who wants to use his faith to influence voters in his favor.

Politics crucified our Messiah; politics have also stripped Christian morals and values from men and women with good intentions.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
C

Cromwe11

He's a natural choice...

...if you want big tax increases, big increases in government spending, and free governmental services for illegals. That's his record, and he's stickin' to it.

I'm looking for a Conservative candidate myself.
The first comment that comes to mind is "good luck with that, let me know when you find one".

The second is,
"since when, for a Christian, has economic policy trumped basic moral character?"

In this election, as far as I can see thus far, there is only one candidate on either side who has anything resembling basic moral character.

Further, the so called conservative committment to lower taxes and smaller government is nothing but a joke. There hasn't been a conservative candidate who actually stood for any of that since at least Ronald Reagan.

Bush has presided over some of the worst government spending and some of the biggest increases in the powers of government we've seen in recent memory.

Huckabee has a record for tax increases because he inherited a state in which the roads and the schools were so drastically underfunded and unmaintained, that both were literally falling apart.
On illegal immigration, I'm not really in line with the conservative groundswell of concern. I think it is monumentally stupid to leave the border unsecure. On the other hand, I don't particularly see any reason to turn society upside down in order to deal with the illegals that are already here.
This is another issue where our own wickedness is the real source of the problem. If we weren't aborting our future, and becoming too selfish to have children, we wouldn't be in a position where immagrant labor had such a huge market and was becoming a virtual necessity to the economy. We're just lucky that unlike europe, most of the immagrants coming into our country aren't muslim.

Upvote 0
C

Cromwe11

Amazing Grace is a fine, superb movie about real events.

It has absolute zero connection to Mike Huckabee. nor does it address voting for any politician who wants to use his faith to influence voters in his favor.

Politics crucified our Messiah; politics have also stripped Christian morals and values from men and women with good intentions.
but it does deal directly with the fact that God calls Godly men to work in politics.

telling Christians not to go into politics is the best way to ensure that you are ruled by villians and rogues.

Upvote 0

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
but it does deal directly with the fact that God calls Godly men to work in politics.

telling Christians not to go into politics is the best way to ensure that you are ruled by villians and rogues.

Sorry, I simply cannot agree with these statements. They tell of what it should be like, ideally, but to me, do not reflect the realities of American politics today.

Wishful thinking is the realy way to ensure that villans and rogues get into office.

There is already too much obvious proof of that. That is the nature of politics.

:sigh:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The first comment that comes to mind is "good luck with that, let me know when you find one".

I agree that this year's crop seems to be made up of men who have mixed records and mixed messages, making it no easy task for any Conservative to know who to get behind. Huckabee, however, is not one of the better ones, IMO, and for the reasons I mentioned.

The second is,
"since when, for a Christian, has economic policy trumped basic moral character?"

Moral character? Being a Baptist minister, or former Baptist minister I should say, is no guarantee of any more moral character than anyone else.

In this election, as far as I can see thus far, there is only one candidate on either side who has anything resembling basic moral character.

Well, everyone has an opinion, but I am looking for a President, not for a Pastor. I already have one of those. And anyone who can refuse to answer and who works so hard to cover up his record in office when asked a direct question about it is not, IMO, the possessor of something "resembling basic moral character."

Further, the so called conservative committment to lower taxes and smaller government is nothing but a joke.
There hasn't been a conservative candidate who actually stood for any of that since at least Ronald Reagan.

You might as well say the same thing about the 'moral character' you are looking for, but that isn't stopping you from selecting one from the field of candidates, is it?

Bush has presided over some of the worst government spending and some of the biggest increases in the powers of government we've seen in recent memory.

He's not running.

Huckabee has a record for tax increases because he inherited a state in which the roads and the schools were so drastically underfunded and unmaintained, that both were literally falling apart.

There's always an excuse for raising taxes. But as a Conservative I'm not looking for anyone who will increase--if he has anything to do with it--federal expenditures by a similar whopping amount. Sure, every Liberal can tell you that it's needed for something or other, but that isn't the issue.

On illegal immigration, I'm not really in line with the conservative groundswell of concern. I think it is monumentally stupid to leave the border unsecure. On the other hand, I don't particularly see any reason to turn society upside down in order to deal with the illegals that are already here.

Again, you are entitled. But I am looking for a Conservative, for one who is for national security, respect for law, fairplay for taxpayers, and who cares about the people's wishes. Huckabee said he was surprised to find that the people care about illegals. How out of touch is THAT...and how does such ignorance recommend a person for national leadership?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟130,165.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you're going to live here, try to get beyond the tiresome anti-Americanism of your former home.

What? How is wishing for a president who is knowledgeable about the rest of the world anti-American? I simply pointed out an instance of Huckabee displaying an incredible lack of knowledge about the country the US is closest too.

Upvote 0

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What? How is wishing for a president who is knowledgeable about the rest of the world anti-American? I simply pointed out an instance of Huckabee displaying an incredible lack of knowledge about the country the US is closest too.

Then why try to impress us with a little clip showing a comedian's compilation aimed at deriding both Huckabee and American political thought?

Can you prove that Huckabee was not going along with a humorous joke proposed to him by a comedian?

Politicians do emply humor, and they also employ advisors about what to say in public.

Right now, I am more impressed with your very questionable "proof" as something else than about Huckabee.

Upvote 0
C

Cromwe11

Sorry, I simply cannot agree with these statements. They tell of what it should be like, ideally, but to me, do not reflect the realities of American politics today.

Wishful thinking is the realy way to ensure that villans and rogues get into office.

There is already too much obvious proof of that. That is the nature of politics.

:sigh:
do you know why american politics is the way it is?

because Christians abdicated their role in society.

Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟130,165.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I found an interesting article here http://www.alternet.org/story/68397/?page=entire "Five Things Mike Huckabee Doesn't Want You to Know About Him"

I realize alternet probably isn't the first choice for news for most people here :), but the article seems factual and well presented.

Upvote 0