Does the recently confirmed existence of UfO's pose a threat to Christianity?

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:)
Did you see nine ufos at first, and then later, one more ? plus one :)

REJOICE IN JESUS !
Seven different times. Plus two really hard to explain instances on the ground. But then I was in places and situations that most people don't find themselves in. "You don't see many miracles at a pot luck."

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Sept 2019 the U.S. Navy confirms existence of UFOs with hard evidence including visual sightings over a period of years -- and also tracking them on radar as well as engaging them in arial maneuver (dog fights) where they are not firing on anything just trying to follow/track it.

Does your view of Christianity view this as a threat to Christianity? a threat to evangelism in the context of a public being informed that UFO's are real and not merely swamp gas? Or will it increase the ability to evangelize the public in favor of Christianity in your view?

Many people who have been discussing this idea for a long time ... claim that publicly admitting to it would be a problem for Christianity.

================================================

CNN Sept 2019..

May 2019 ABC News GoodMorningAm George Stephanopoulos, Chris Mellon interview with lots of vid
– 4:35 "how do you explain all this full disclosure yet no reaction??

--Fox news 00:00 Sep 19 starts with Navy official acknowledgement Sept 2019
00:35 this seems like a “change” in the way govt/navy is addressing the topic
1:25 so US Govt admitting … this is watershed moment.. but not getting public reaction? Why?

================================

compilation -
ufo news 2019 Nov - Bing video
The key word is "unidentified". No one knows what they are. My dad was in the Royal Air Force. He was posted to a base that did R&D on secret projects. He came home one day (this was about 1960) and announced that the R&D team had discovered how to overcome gravity. Since I was 9 years old, I did not understand the implications. The subject never came up again at home and I never heard any more from other sources.
There are many possible explanations. If it is aliens, how come they abduct only drunken Rednecks or those high on drugs? It is also possible that antigravity devices do exist. I don't know and it really does not matter. Why anyone would say that such things threaten Christianity is a mystery to me. Still, the world is desperate to "prove" Christianity wrong. They are the same as the people who mocked Noah, right up until the flood came.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There are a lot of unexplained things in the world and the universe. The Bible is not a scientific book or history book etc.

Jesus main aim was to save sinners. Not to explain the wonders of the universe!

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it exciting I have long said that the odds are favorable, in fact probable, that other civilizations exist in the galaxy. Consider this: There are approximately 200 Billion stars in the Milky Way. Of these stars, like our sun, about 40 million likely have earth sized planets in the habitable zone. Of these 40 million, 11 million are likely orbiting stars which are very similar to our sun.
Do the math. Our chemistry, our building blocks that allowed us to evolve on our planet , we have found, is not unique to earth. Our chemistry, and likely many others, are out there already. That is how they got in the first place !

The question is, how many of those 40 million planets in our galaxy have some type of life on them? And how many have sentient beings? And of these planets, how many have civilizations like ours, where beings have ventured into space? The odds are pretty good.

Now interstellar travel, that is a difficult concept for humans because we do not have the technology yet to do it. But 110 years ago, man was first learning to fly. Now we have people who live in space for long periods of time. We will get there someday.
possibly, perhaps, someone or something already has.

Oh And that is just the figures for our Galaxy. There are 200 Billion or MORE Galaxies in the universe....at least of what we can see, so do the math. There may be someone just like me in Andromeda right now wondering the same thing.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Windir

Oct 12, 2019
Uppsala
✟28,231.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I haven't watched those videos but UFOs could be spiritual beings rather than some cartoonish physical aliens flying man-made ships. I've seen UFOs and they were always surrounded by intense light, travelling faster than anything I've seen, suddenly accelerating out of the atmosphere in the blink of an eye. I wonder what natural phenomenon could possibly have such purposive movement, so my conclusion is that they are some sort of travelling sentient beings but related to us rather than alien.

Upvote 0

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sept 2019 the U.S. Navy confirms existence of UFOs with hard evidence including visual sightings over a period of years -- and also tracking them on radar as well as engaging them in arial maneuver (dog fights) where they are not firing on anything just trying to follow/track it.

Does your view of Christianity view this as a threat to Christianity? a threat to evangelism in the context of a public being informed that UFO's are real and not merely swamp gas? Or will it increase the ability to evangelize the public in favor of Christianity in your view?

Many people who have been discussing this idea for a long time ... claim that publicly admitting to it would be a problem for Christianity.

CNN Sept 2019..

May 2019 ABC News GoodMorningAm George Stephanopoulos, Chris Mellon interview with lots of vid

1:25 so US Govt admitting … this is watershed moment.. but not getting public reaction? Why?

compilation -

Isn't the term UFO used because they are unidentified? I'm a scifi fan, but I don't know if they are real.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

CNN Sept 2019..

compilation -

I was in the Navy for 22 years, these types of things are reported all the time, and really are BOLOGNA. As far as proof of a rational ET posing a threat to Christianity? For some maybe, not for me, because we have the truth. Bugs on rocks on Mars don't prove or disprove anything either.

We could discover Noah's Ark, the Ark of The Covenant, the burning bush, or any other Judeo-Christian artifact and non believers would still not believe. Additionally, lack of these things will not cause a believer to loose their faith.

There is no rational life in the universe outside our world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UFO's... I look at like this. 1st they don't seem to be effected by our gravity other things like this. And seem not able to come out in the open and just talk. Its as if SOMETHING in this world has more power RIGHT NOW over them. Gee who could that be.

We need to remember that most have a problem just with "demons". Most of us run with only what we see hear and feel. Are they from some other planet? I don't think so :) For something that as some say are from another planet.. ever see one.. use JESUS NAME..watch what happens. There are stories out there about that.

"Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven."

Reactions: sea5763
Upvote 0

Rawtheran

Lightmaker For Christ
Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
✟46,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

CNN Sept 2019..

compilation -
To answer your question no, the existence of UFO's or the possibility that aliens might exist does not change my worldview as a Christian. Aliens or no aliens the Universe still needs to have had a creator and it would stand to reason that aliens on other words would still recognize God. C.S. Lewis and other Christian authors have written about this topic. For example The Chronicles of Narnia it's about a parallel universe known as Narnia and in that world Jesus appeared to the residents in the form of a lion named Aslan. The Father and Holy Spirit we're simply known as The Emperor Over The Sea.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why would this be a threat specifically to Christianity?

Many have talked about their experiences, yes, and what they’ve heard or read. I’m sure there’s plenty to read especially on the Internet, but the Bible also speaks about knowledge increasing: Daniel 12:4

And it most certainly has been increasing to this day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Does your view of Christianity view this as a threat to Christianity?
Yes, it is all part of the deception to the real truth that God created us and that evolution is false. There are no other "civilizations" out there. These are inter dimensional beings, evil based and are part of the plan to convince us that "we are not alone"

There is also a theory that we were "seeded" by another civilization.... this plays into that and, again, goes against Christ's teaching and the bible.

Then, when the rapture happens, it can be explained away as a mass abduction.... where the Christians are taken away to be educated on what everyone else "knows" and when they are taught and shown the truth, they will come back and the earths population can move on to the new level.... I forget the exact details.. but something like that anyway.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But let us assume there are other planets and life on other planets and they decide to visit us! I only need to ask 0ne question to know if they are true or evil. WHO IS LORD?

Let's assume that 1 or 2 years from today you are trying to share the gospel with a non-Christian. By then "today's news" should have gotten out to just about everybody... UFO's are officially acknowledged.

Let's assume that you and your friend know this but neither of you have ever met an alien and neither of you have ever seen a UFO.

I think this is the simplest most basic case. Sharing the Gospel means telling people that the Bible is the Word of God, that it can be trusted, that it is "truth", and it says the virgin birth is real, it says mankind was really created perfect and sinless in Eden with open communion with God - and then fell into sin so then God provided the Gospel. Jesus Christ died for our sin and payed our debt.

In that story there are no "aliens evolving on other planets" and the Bible account of "origins" is to be trusted and so marriage is what God Himself declares it to be when speaking to Adam and Eve in Genesis 2. Miracles like the virgin birth, bodily resurrection of Christ, bodily ascension of Christ are historic fact even though the "Bible is not a science text book".

In that scenario does the "UFOs are real" factor pose an incentive or a barrier to your friend receiving the Gospel?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Something unidentified could be literally anything. So it's hardly a very useful 'confirmation'.

If you look at the related videos ... some of those "anythings" are not only doing lots of beyond-normal-maneuvers they also can engage in dogfight maneuvers with jet fighers then leave them in the dust only to return back from over the horizon a minute later. Not exactly a weather balloon or swamp gas, which is why they keep suggesting it is technology from one of our adversaries that is many decades ahead of the U.S.. (Which of course is nonsense that our enemies would have such top secret capability and yet have nothing better to do with it other than dangle it in front of our own military for weeks or months at a time over the past 15 years or more).

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

CNN Sept 2019..

compilation -
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how this is a threat to Christianity. Can you elucidate?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it is all part of the deception to the real truth that God created us and that evolution is false. There are no other "civilizations" out there. These are inter dimensional beings, evil based and are part of the plan to convince us that "we are not alone"

There is also a theory that we were "seeded" by another civilization.... this plays into that and, again, goes against Christ's teaching and the bible.

Then, when the rapture happens, it can be explained away as a mass abduction.... where the Christians are taken away to be educated on what everyone else "knows" and when they are taught and shown the truth, they will come back and the earths population can move on to the new level.... I forget the exact details.. but something like that anyway.

So then the more wide spread acceptance of it - the harder it becomes to evangelize the lost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0