Does the earth go 'round the sun or vice versa?

Do you believe the earth goes around the sun or vice versa?

• I believe the earth goes around the sun

• I believe the sun goes around the earth

• I don't know

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Our own eyes tell us that the sun rises and sets. We even say, "the sun is rising," "the sun is setting". Why does it sound so far out when someone says the sun actually has a circuit? It is because a spinning earth hurling through "space" (actually the firmament) like a ball shot out of a canon has been pounded into our heads from our youth. We succumbed to the teaching assault. We did not know any better. I believed it until someone showed me what the scriptures have to say about it--and then in a moment of time I was free from that deception. Are you like that? Where all you need is the scripture to quickly dismantle any lie that you have believed? whether that lie came from Mother, Father, teacher, textbook, dictionary, or preacher? Sun worship is not dead, it has just taken on more sophisticated forms. I've seen poetry by one of the early heliocentrists actually magnifying the sun (I read it in "Geocentricity" by Dr. Gerardus Bouw--Dr. Bouw is a former atheist with a Phd in Astronomy). Baal is not dead. He has a new generation of ignorant worshippers. Even the so-called "Christian" textbook publishers magnify heliocentrists like Nicolas Copernicus, Galileo, and Kepler but practically ignore Tycho Brahe--the Noble Dane and the "Prince of Astronomers"--his beliefs, his findings. Tycho Brahe created the greatest naked eye astronomical instrumentation known to mankind. He took astronomy to a whole new level. This fact is undisputed. He knew about Copernicus' proclamations and rejected them on both scriptural and scientific grounds (for the record, the Tychonic model is not the same as the Ptolemaic system). King James delighted in the knowledge he learned in Tycho Brahe's laboratory.

Unsurprisingly, heliocentrist experiments to prove the motion of the earth have FAILED. These experiments have been deliberately ignored by universities because they support geocentricity.

...But a disciple does not need all this proof. A disciple ONLY needs the scriptures to prove to him what is true. One day I was in an audience when Dr. Bouw pointed out specific scriptures concerning the motion of the sun. That was ALL I needed to hear to change my mind. God showed me all the rest of these facts later on. Many, many things have worked out like that in my life. Are you like that? Where if the scriptures say it, you will believe it even if the world thinks you are some kind of fool? The earth is NOT hurling through "space" reeling to and fro like some drunken man. We've been deceived, don't know what the ecliptic is, cannot properly explain the seasons, and cannot tell the tropic of capricorn from the tropic of cancer because we don't know what the sun is doing...But in places where real astronomy is necessary--like in aeronautics--the geocentric model is still used.
SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION OF GEOCENTRICITY

No experiment has failed. You're just ignoring the fact that:

1. People have gone into space and WATCHED THE EARTH MOVE
2. People have launched probes into space in orbit of the SUN, watching the earth MOVE
3. Geocentric math does not explain squat diddly doo dah about the movement of stars, the shape of our galaxy, or anything else.

That is enough proof for me. I do not need your Geocentrism to be Christian or respect the Scripture. In fact, if I respected Scripture, I wouldn't be Geocentric at all

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
O that sounds so familiar "Yea hath God said" amazing how it always relates to the same old thing; "that's not what God meant" "that's mistranslated" the echo, the hollow echo, mmmmmh whom should I believe, let see here, mmmmmh
Man's wisdom
or
MMMMMh God's word?

Ahhhh I guess I will believe God's word, I think I'll keep it in my heart and just trust him instead of that welllllll fading echo of someone saying the bible is inaccurate...... fading.....fadinggggggg...........

posts like this are grounds for being booted off Christian forums so quickly people will forget you exist before it happens.

You add to God's word by throwing geocentric beliefs into the Scripture with your translation of God's word.

God's word doesn't lie. People lie by trying to twist God's word into pretzels to prove their personal beliefs.

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
posts like this are grounds for being booted off Christian forums so quickly people will forget you exist before it happens.

You add to God's word by throwing geocentric beliefs into the Scripture with your translation of God's word.

God's word doesn't lie. People lie by trying to twist God's word into pretzels to prove their personal beliefs.

Well that is the pot calling the kettle black; would you please quit stocking me, your rhetoric is getting boring.......really boring.........

No significant movement could be measured at all. The most famous of the experiments was done by Michelson and Morely. Typical of comments on their results are those of Bernard Jaffe:

The data were almost unbelievable. there was only one other possible conclusion to draw, that the earth was at rest. This, of course, was preposterous.

As "preposterous" as the measurements of Arago, Trouton and Noble, Airy, Thorndyke and Kennedy, Theodore de Coudres, and several others. They also found the earth to have a zero velocity through space.

One of South Africa’s most highly respected scientists, world-renowned cosmologist Professor George Ellis, noted this:

I can construct you a spherically symmetrical universe with Earth at its centre, and you cannot disprove it based on observations.i
Geocentricity: Face the Facts | The Copernican Revolution | Evolution

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well that is the pot calling the kettle black; would you please quit stocking me, your rhetoric is getting boring.......really boring......... No significant movement could be measured at all. The most famous of the experiments was done by Michelson and Morely. Typical of comments on their results are those of Bernard Jaffe: The data were almost unbelievable. there was only one other possible conclusion to draw, that the earth was at rest. This, of course, was preposterous. As "preposterous" as the measurements of Arago, Trouton and Noble, Airy, Thorndyke and Kennedy, Theodore de Coudres, and several others. They also found the earth to have a zero velocity through space. One of South Africa’s most highly respected scientists, world-renowned cosmologist Professor George Ellis, noted this: I can construct you a spherically symmetrical universe with Earth at its centre, and you cannot disprove it based on observations.i Geocentricity: Face the Facts | The Copernican Revolution | Evolution

Speaking of pot/kettle dynamics and a generally broken record tone...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No experiment has failed. You're just ignoring the fact that:

1. People have gone into space and WATCHED THE EARTH MOVE
2. People have launched probes into space in orbit of the SUN, watching the earth MOVE
3. Geocentric math does not explain squat diddly doo dah about the movement of stars, the shape of our galaxy, or anything else.

That is enough proof for me. I do not need your Geocentrism to be Christian or respect the Scripture. In fact, if I respected Scripture, I wouldn't be Geocentric at all

Of course it is so please go away and be happy for as long as you can. Bye

O yea can you please quit stocking me, I think I have heard all you have to say, thanks

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Well that is the pot calling the kettle black; would you please quit stocking me, your rhetoric is getting boring.......really boring.........

Pot and kettle? Mostly all you have done is repeat the same exact tired argument over and over again with no credible sources or experiments to prove what is essentially a scientific interpretation of Scripture. It being a scientific interpretation, not only must it fit Scripture, it must fit reality as we observe and experiment. NASA did a test with all of the GPS satellites. Resetting them to math that ignored the laws of General and Special Relativity, they discovered that they would see people in Tokyo, when those people were standing on the launch pad in Cape Canaveral.

No significant movement could be measured at all. The most famous of the experiments was done by Michelson and Morely. Typical of comments on their results are those of Bernard Jaffe:

Measurements? They watched the earth moving. There is an exact speed of the earth's motion through the universe:

The circumference of the Earth at the equator is 25,000 miles. The Earth rotates in about 24 hours. Therefore, if you were to hang above the surface of the Earth at the equator without moving, you would see 25,000 miles pass by in 24 hours, at a speed of 25000/24 or just over 1000 miles per hour.

We know the speed of the earth's rotation because we have objects in geostationary orbit around the earth. Because you are obviously not very knowledgeable about science, that means that the object remains in an orbit that keeps it staying in the same place in relation to the surface of the earth. If the earth did NOT move, an object that remained above one point on the surface would simply fall back down. That is proof the earth moves:
Geostationary orbit

Those satellites DirectTV uses to beam TV signals to houses, those are geostationary satellites. GPS satellites are geostationary satellites. If it is put into orbit directly over your house, it remains forever directly above your house. If the earth didn't move, your house would be relocated to various locations around the crater

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does make sense that there are some verses in the Bible which could support Geo-centrism, after all the people who did write the Bible did not have an accurate modern science view of the world. They did not know that the earth was a sphere, and that it revolved around the Sun.

However that just proves that the Bible should not be read as modern scientific textbook, that is not its purpose. There is a reason why the Bible is silent or inaccurate on scientific things.

God gave us our rational/intelligent brain so that we can do/learn science, he did not give us the Bible for that mission.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Of course it is so please go away and be happy for as long as you can. Bye

O yea can you please quit stocking me, I think I have heard all you have to say, thanks
Well, firstly, I'm not stocking you, because I am currently fresh out of stock when it comes to people who literally interpret a 16th century translation in ignorance of the very physical reality of our earth hurtling around the sun at 60 thousand MPH.

As to stalking, if you don't like people debunking your every post, either study real science, or stop posting. It's pretty simple. You post a false scientific theory, then someone with degrees in scientific fields and with personal experience in the fields of your theory will debunk your fallacious posts.

PS, the average length of a day is longer now than it used to be because the rotation of the earth has slowed.

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I thought this was well put;

Many attempts were made to prove helocentricity was true and geocentricity false right up to the 1900's. All such attempts were unsuccessful. The most well known of these is the Michelson-Morley experiement designed to measure the change in the speed of light, due to the assumed motion of the earth through space, when measure in different directions on the earth's surface. The failure of this experiement to detect any significant change played impacted science in other ways but not in giving credit to THE IMMOVABLE EARTH GEOCENTRIC THEORY. You do understand that when scientists get a bright idea to prove our theory wrong and they fail, they offer evidence for our theory; and if they do not admit to it - they are hiding something,....and that is evidence for the validity of the word of God.
Einstein's theory of general relativity picked up on the Michelson-Morley experiment. Einstein's theory asserts that it is immpossible for a human observer to determine whether any material body is in a state of absolute rest as the Word of God says the earth is, immobile in space. His theory claims that only motion of two material bodies relative to one another can be physically detected. That means both theories are equally true according to science, but science does not give equal credibility to the claims from the Word of God that the earth is immobile in space.
Yet it makes no sense for a scientist to accept Einstein's theory of general relativity and not treat both geocentrism and heliocentrism as equals theoretically.
We therefore have the right to claim the victory! We know the Word of God is true. We know it was written thousands of years ago before science got itself into this predicament. We know science and the Bible are in perfect agreement because we know the Creator.
http://www.lifeishid.com/ATHEISM77.html

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

Many attempts were made to prove helocentricity was true and geocentricity false right up to the 1900's. All such attempts were unsuccessful. The most well known of these is the Michelson-Morley experiement designed to measure the change in the speed of light, due to the assumed motion of the earth through space, when measure in different directions on the earth's surface. The failure of this experiement to detect any significant change played impacted science in other ways but not in giving credit to THE IMMOVABLE EARTH GEOCENTRIC THEORY. You do understand that when scientists get a bright idea to prove our theory wrong and they fail, they offer evidence for our theory; and if they do not admit to it - they are hiding something,....and that is evidence for the validity of the word of God.
Einstein's theory of general relativity picked up on the Michelson-Morley experiment. Einstein's theory asserts that it is immpossible for a human observer to determine whether any material body is in a state of absolute rest as the Word of God says the earth is, immobile in space. His theory claims that only motion of two material bodies relative to one another can be physically detected. That means both theories are equally true according to science, but science does not give equal credibility to the claims from the Word of God that the earth is immobile in space.
Yet it makes no sense for a scientist to accept Einstein's theory of general relativity and not treat both geocentrism and heliocentrism as equals theoretically.
We therefore have the right to claim the victory! We know the Word of God is true. We know it was written thousands of years ago before science got itself into this predicament. We know science and the Bible are in perfect agreement because we know the Creator.

GPS is impossible without the rotation of the earth, because GPS satellites are in geostationary orbit, moving at the same relative speed as the surface of the earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, firstly, I'm not stocking you, because I am currently fresh out of stock when it comes to people who literally interpret a 16th century translation in ignorance of the very physical reality of our earth hurtling around the sun at 60 thousand MPH.

As to stalking, if you don't like people debunking your every post, either study real science, or stop posting. It's pretty simple. You post a false scientific theory, then someone with degrees in scientific fields and with personal experience in the fields of your theory will debunk your fallacious posts.

PS, the average length of a day is longer now than it used to be because the rotation of the earth has slowed.

Thanks for the spelling correction; always appreciate that.
I do think you are stalking me and you never debunked a single post I have made; you seem very angry and upset, I am feeling sorry for you.
I feel like you have deep rooted delusion that can only be expressed by stalking those that disagree with your worldly understanding, well that how I feel about you, so I believe I have heard everything you have to say, so please again quit stalking me.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
A geostationary orbit (or Geostationary Earth Orbit - GEO) is a geosynchronous orbit directly above the Earth's equator (0° latitude), with a period equal to the Earth's rotational period and an orbital eccentricity of approximately zero. An object in a geostationary orbit appears motionless, at a fixed position in the sky, to ground observers. Communications satellites and weather satellites are often given geostationary orbits, so that the satellite antennas that communicate with them do not have to move to track them, but can be pointed permanently at the position in the sky where they stay. Due to the constant 0° latitude and circularity of geostationary orbits, satellites in GEO differ in location by longitude only.
The notion of a geosynchronous satellite for communication purposes was first published in 1928 (but not widely so) by Herman Potočnik.[1] The idea of a geostationary orbit was first disseminated on a wide scale in a 1945 paper entitled "Extra-Terrestrial Relays — Can Rocket Stations Give Worldwide Radio Coverage?" by British science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke, published in Wireless World magazine. The orbit, which Clarke first described as useful for broadcast and relay communications satellites,[2] is sometimes called the Clarke Orbit.[3] Similarly, the Clarke Belt is the part of space about 36,000 km (22,000 mi) above sea level, in the plane of the equator, where near-geostationary orbits may be implemented. The Clarke Orbit is about 265,000 km (165,000 mi) long.
Geostationary orbits are useful because they cause a satellite to appear stationary with respect to a fixed point on the rotating Earth, allowing a fixed antenna to maintain a link with the satellite. The satellite orbits in the direction of the Earth's rotation, at an altitude of 35,786 km (22,236 mi) above ground, producing an orbital period equal to the Earth's period of rotation, known as the sidereal day.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
A geostationary orbit (or Geostationary Earth Orbit - GEO) is a geosynchronous orbit directly above the Earth's equator (0° latitude), with a period equal to the Earth's rotational period and an orbital eccentricity of approximately zero. An object in a geostationary orbit appears motionless, at a fixed position in the sky, to ground observers. Communications satellites and weather satellites are often given geostationary orbits, so that the satellite antennas that communicate with them do not have to move to track them, but can be pointed permanently at the position in the sky where they stay. Due to the constant 0° latitude and circularity of geostationary orbits, satellites in GEO differ in location by longitude only.
The notion of a geosynchronous satellite for communication purposes was first published in 1928 (but not widely so) by Herman Potočnik.[1] The idea of a geostationary orbit was first disseminated on a wide scale in a 1945 paper entitled "Extra-Terrestrial Relays — Can Rocket Stations Give Worldwide Radio Coverage?" by British science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke, published in Wireless World magazine. The orbit, which Clarke first described as useful for broadcast and relay communications satellites,[2] is sometimes called the Clarke Orbit.[3] Similarly, the Clarke Belt is the part of space about 36,000 km (22,000 mi) above sea level, in the plane of the equator, where near-geostationary orbits may be implemented. The Clarke Orbit is about 265,000 km (165,000 mi) long.
Geostationary orbits are useful because they cause a satellite to appear stationary with respect to a fixed point on the rotating Earth, allowing a fixed antenna to maintain a link with the satellite. The satellite orbits in the direction of the Earth's rotation, at an altitude of 35,786 km (22,236 mi) above ground, producing an orbital period equal to the Earth's period of rotation, known as the sidereal day.

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Does make sense that there are some verses in the Bible which could support Geo-centrism, after all the people who did write the Bible did not have an accurate modern science view of the world. They did not know that the earth was a sphere, and that it revolved around the Sun.

However that just proves that the Bible should not be read as modern scientific textbook, that is not its purpose. There is a reason why the Bible is silent or inaccurate on scientific things.

God gave us our rational/intelligent brain so that we can do/learn science, he did not give us the Bible for that mission.

Fundamentally: God wrote the bible, Christainty 101, God's words are pure his word is very pure.

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

This page is interesting!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the spelling correction; always appreciate that.
I do think you are stalking me and you never debunked a single post I have made; you seem very angry and upset, I am feeling sorry for you.

I have. You ignored it outright because you feel that apparently I was hallucinating when I freaking well watched the sun. Or that 500 people were hallucinating when EVERY SINGLE ASTRONAUT HAS SEEN THE EARTH ROTATE.

You ignore rebuttals because you ignore anything that disagrees with you.

Question. If God ripped you off this earth, and told you that you would remain in a capsule in geosynchronous orbit over the earth until such time as you admitted your wrongness about astronomy, would you tell Him that He hasn't proven you wrong, too?

I feel like you have deep rooted delusion that can only be expressed by stalking those that disagree with your worldly understanding, well that how I feel about you, so I believe I have heard everything you have to say, so please again quit stalking me.
Accusations of stalking need evidence.

Welcome to the internet, where stupid science will be treated as stupid science. Debunking everything you have said is going to happen and has happened. Your only argument is:

JacobLaw is the only person with exclusive right to interpret the Scripture, and because of that, everyone else is wrong by default.

Jacob, you are not the arbiter of truth. Only God is. Scripture is not a textbook. It doesn't lie, but it is not a textbook and it is disrespectful to treat it as such. But, since you want to do so, do you stand every time you pee? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCoevpt5TE

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Fundamentally: God wrote the bible, Christainty 101, God's words are pure his word is very pure.
God wrote the Bible, He didn't write a textbook and he didn't say the earth is immobile

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fundamentally: God wrote the bible

Nope.

The bible should not be treated how Muslims treat their Quaran.

The Bible is inspired by God but that does not mean God dictates every exact word in the bible (in other words the people that wrote the books, were not "machines" that only wrote down the words that God "whispered" in their ears).

If you do your research on it, not only do you find not so scientific accurate views in scripture, but also contradictions within it as well.

So I would say it is a mistake to think that God actually wrote the Bible, because if that was so....well it would make God look foolish.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.