Does the earth go 'round the sun or vice versa?

Do you believe the earth goes around the sun or vice versa?

• I believe the earth goes around the sun

• I believe the sun goes around the earth

• I don't know

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I have noticed that there are actually a fair amount of people on this forum who do in fact believe that the sun goes around the earth rather than the earth going around the sun. This is, evidently, because they believe the Bible says so. So, now is your chance to vote it out and post your Scriptures which you believe prove that the sun goes 'round the earth.

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe the earth goes around the sun.

Besides, even if the bible DID teach indirectly that the sun goes around the earth, I don't think it would affect biblical inerrancy. The purpose of the Bible is to teach about history and theological issues. Its entirely possible God communicated to the ancient hebrews in these outdated cosmologies, although not necessarily approving of it, to prove some point or another. (because they've would've understood it)

Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe the earth goes around the sun.

Besides, even if the bible DID teach indirectly that the sun goes around the earth, I don't think it would affect biblical inerrancy. The purpose of the Bible is to teach about history and theological issues. Its entirely possible God communicated to the ancient hebrews in these outdated cosmologies, although not necessarily approving of it, to prove some point or another. (because they've would've understood it)

Just my 2 cents.

That your choice believe the bible or don't believe it.
It is indisputable that the bible is clearly geocentric, and actual science proves it, all the science falsely called is base on assumptions and only assumptions.
But just watch the fangs come out, this is a major doctrine of the evolutionist and the occult.

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have noticed that there are actually a fair amount of people on this forum who do in fact believe that the sun goes around the earth rather than the earth going around the sun. This is, evidently, because they believe the Bible says so. So, now is your chance to vote it out and post your Scriptures which you believe prove that the sun goes 'round the earth.
:thumbsup: thanks for the poll

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think it's a false dilemma.

Clearly, the maths behind our planetary mechanics are correct because we use them to successfully send probes to places like Mars and Venus.

But from the earth's reference frame, which is where we live, the sun does go around us. From our point of view it's perfectly fine to use words like 'sunrise' and 'sunset'.

Both points of view, terran and solar, are correct; it just depends on what we choose to use as a reference frame. I think the entire subject is a tempest in a teacup.

Upvote 0

HisSparkPlug

Offspring of a Genius
Jul 31, 2013
✟2,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
heh... I voted "other" just for fun...
tumblr_n1mn49IIfO1sn0mkdo1_400.gif

Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think it's a false dilemma.

Clearly, the maths behind our planetary mechanics are correct because we use them to successfully send probes to places like Mars and Venus.

But from the earth's reference frame, which is where we live, the sun does go around us. From our point of view it's perfectly fine to use words like 'sunrise' and 'sunset'.

Both points of view, terran and solar, are correct; it just depends on what we choose to use as a reference frame. I think the entire subject is a tempest in a teacup.

The trump card then would be the bible wouldn't it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Mmmh that seem to be a dilemma, I don't see both being correct according to the bible.
I can tell you're looking for a fight, but you won't get one from me. Any viewpoint in the universe can be chosen as a reference frame. Most of the time the Bible chooses the earth, which makes sense because we live here. But any reference frame is valid. With regard to the solar system we usually choose the sun as the reference frame because it's mass is so much greater than anything else nearby.

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I can tell you're looking for a fight, but you won't get one from me. Any viewpoint in the universe can be chosen as a reference frame. Most of the time the Bible chooses the earth, which makes sense because we live here. But any reference frame is valid. With regard to the solar system we usually choose the sun as the reference frame because it's mass is so much greater than anything else nearby.

No I'm not; actually just the opposite. I agree the view points have correlation and that is a given if you are try to promote a deception for an agenda to discredit the bible. The hoax has deceive many Christians like evolution which is easily disprove and the facts on geocentric are even more powerful.

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
...I agree the view points have correlation and that is a given if you are try to promote a deception for an agenda to discredit the bible...
It doesn't discredit the Bible at all in my eyes. Clearly we're interpreting the Bible differently.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's obvious that the Earth goes around the sun in a slightly elliptical orbit. The Earth is a lot smaller than the sun so the law of gravity implies that the Earth is in orbit around the sun and not the other way around.

Obliviously not; even the Papacy is Geocentric and it can't be overturned.... tough situation for those not in the know, the Catholic Church is going to be make a big change here in not the too distance future. ........ . :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.