Targ

Sep 4, 2010
NSW, Australia
✟8,418.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Not true.

Prior to Darwin, Creationists knew the Earth was a sphere.

"The orb of the Earth is seen...." -- Vishnu Purana, Book I, Chapter IV, 800 B.C.

After Darwin, Evolutionists started to think the Earth was flat:

Citation needed.

I already proved how every Hindu and Greek on Earth in the 4th century B.C. knew the Earth was a sphere.

"The orb of the Earth is seen...." -- Vishnu Purana, Book I, Chapter IV, 800 B.C.

Nonsense.

I already demonstrated this to be false.

What a ridiculous reply, that is barely worth responding to. You can't rewrite history. I even told you where to find the source of my quote (I can't directly link due to lack of forum privileges). Go on wikipedia, go to the page titled 'flat earth'. It's not hard. Eesh. I'm beginning to agree more and more with Bushido that you can't be serious and that must be a really dedicated Poe. Well sorry, but I'm not playing.

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Evolution is not science: legalize creationism.
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You can't rewrite history.
So why are you trying to rewrite the Vishnu Purana?

"The orb of the Earth is seen...." -- Vishnu Purana, Book I, Chapter IV

FYI in order to get a PhD in history it is necessary to rewrite history.

I even told you where to find the source of my quote (I can't directly link due to lack of forum privileges). Go on wikipedia, go to the page titled 'flat earth'. It's not hard. Eesh.
Wikipedia is not a reliable source. It isn't peer-reviewed and it is edited by 14 year olds.

Read it and weep.

crying_baby.jpg

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Defeater of Dad and AV1611VET
Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
Not true.

Prior to Darwin, Creationists knew the Earth was a sphere.

After Darwin, Evolutionists started to think the Earth was flat: The Flat Earth Society
evolutionists? the flat earth society is a bunch of creationists.
if anything i've seen AoS you never change your views no matter how much proof is presented to you that you are wrong.
you love to wallow in your carefully created ignorance.

Citation needed.

I already proved how every Hindu and Greek on Earth in the 4th century B.C. knew the Earth was a sphere.
lol no you didn't, you proved that there are people and texts that show different views of the world.
you cherry-picked various quotes that prove nothing other than you don't have a clue what the hindus and greeks thought.
that would be found in greek mythology and hindu mythology, not random philosophers and texts that weren't written till the 1st century ad, which makes sense, given they imported greek texts.

try first century ad.

Nonsense.

I already demonstrated this to be false.
lol no you didn't, you just deny stuff you don't like. the very fact that you think that providing a bunch of quotes constitutes an argument proves one thing.
namely that you have no argument.

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
So why are you trying to rewrite the Vishnu Purana?

FYI in order to get a PhD in history it is necessary to rewrite history.
FYI: repeating a blatantly wrong quote doesn't change that it is wrong.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source. It isn't peer-reviewed and it is edited by 14 year olds.

Read it and weep.

crying_baby.jpg
you would be 100% wrong about wikipedia, enyclopedia britannica said it is just, if not more reliable than EB is. you really think people don't check the sources for wiki? that they don't make a huge effort to be correct?
that is what the little numbers by the words are you know, sources..

i think the fact that you have to attack a source proves you have no argument.

i weep only at the shallowness of your arguments and claims. as i said repeating yourself doesn't make your argument any stronger.

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
evolutionists? the flat earth society is a bunch of creationists.
LOL.

Citation needed.

Anyway that still doesn't prove that ancient creationists thought the Earth was flat when in fact they did not.

if anything i've seen AoS you never change your views no matter how much proof is presented to you that you are wrong.
You have no proof.

You have presented no evidence.

you love to wallow in your carefully created ignorance.
Blatant flame.

lol no you didn't, you proved that there are people and texts that show different views of the world.

you cherry-picked various quotes that prove nothing other than you don't have a clue what the hindus and greeks thought.
Why have you declared war on history?

that would be found in greek mythology and hindu mythology, not random philosophers and texts that weren't written till the 1st century ad, which makes sense, given they imported greek texts.
You have no evidence.

try first century ad.
Try Vedic Period.

According to your infallible Holy Scriptures: Vishnu Purana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The original version must have written during the later Vedic period (800bce

lol no you didn't, you just deny stuff you don't like.
You mean like everyone else? Welcome to planet Earth.

the very fact that you think that providing a bunch of quotes constitutes an argument proves one thing.
namely that you have no argument.
You have no evidence and no logical argument.

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
FYI: repeating a blatantly wrong quote doesn't change that it is wrong.
LOL.

So the orb of the Earth isn't seen?

Sorry, I didn't realize you are a Flat-Earther.

Looks like I have nothing more to add.

Upvote 0

Targ

Sep 4, 2010
NSW, Australia
✟8,418.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
i weep only at the shallowness of your arguments and claims. as i said repeating yourself doesn't make your argument any stronger.

As somebody pointed out to me yesterday, Agonaces is most likely a very dedicated Poe. Go on Google and type in "bad astronomy agonaces". Click on the first link called "I have arrived as a skeptic". Read and enjoy. ;)

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
LOL.

Citation needed.

Anyway that still doesn't prove that ancient creationists thought the Earth was flat when in fact they did not.

then you didn't bother to LEARN about them did you lol.

The modern age of the Flat Earth Society dates back to the early 1800s, when it was founded by Samuel Birley Rowbotham, an English inventor. Samuel Rowbotham's Flat Earth views were based largely on literal interpretation of Bible passages.
you are not making an argument you are just making claims using gain-say, and random quotes.

You have no proof.

You have presented no evidence.
evidence of what? greek mythology says the earth was an egg you just said i was wrong, you provided no evidence i was wrong, you just gain-sayed me.

Blatant flame.
that isn't a flame its an observation, you gainsay anything that you don't believe.

Why have you declared war on history?
why are you so disingenuous?

You have no evidence.
hard to refute someone with no evidence to begin with, all you have are a bunch of random quotes and extrapolation.

Try Vedic Period.

According to your infallible Holy Scriptures: Vishnu Purana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
if you are going to make such shallow anti-intellectual snipes, how about quoting the whole thing?
H. H. Wilson considers the Vishnu Purana to be one of the oldest of the Puranas, and dates it to the first century BCE,[2] though Gavin Flood dates it later to the fourth century CE.[3]. The original version must have written during the later Vedic period (800bce-300bce); but in its present form, it may have been edited or recomposed during the Gupta era (300CE-500CE).
do we have the original? no we have one from later and its not even agreed on.

You mean like everyone else? Welcome to planet Earth.
nope, just in your mind.

You have no evidence and no logical argument.
what evidence do i need? i posted links to greek and roman,celtic, norse mythology, and they all say they believed in a flat earth.
all you did was say "NO THEY DIDN'T!!!"

my logic is this, people knew stuff, back then it was mostly reflected in their religious beliefs, looking at their mythology, they thought the earth was flat.
their myths reflect that.

using philosophers for proof AoS, is a fallacy, its a fallacy of composition.
go look it up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReverendDG

Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
As somebody pointed out to me yesterday, Agonaces is most likely a very dedicated Poe. Go on Google and type in "bad astronomy agonaces". Click on the first link called "I have arrived as a skeptic". Read and enjoy. ;)
oh yes i know.
these days i just want to see the contortions he makes.
he is either a poe or needs medication.

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
LOL.

So the orb of the Earth isn't seen?

Sorry, I didn't realize you are a Flat-Earther.

Looks like I have nothing more to add.
nope, where is your logic now huh? huh? i DISAGREE WITH YOU, WHAT NAO?
i think your claims are nothing but fecal matter, they are bad and you should feel bad!

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
then you didn't bother to LEARN about them did you lol.
I haven't declared war on history.

what evidence do i need?
Any would be a good start. You have none.

using philosophers for proof AoS, is a fallacy, its a fallacy of composition.
go look it up.
So why do you use Wikipedia, Newton, Darwin, and Einstein for proof?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
drivel from someone who needs to go take a few astronomy classes.
The last place I'd go to actually learn about astronomy is an astronomy class.

"... the chief object of education is to unlearn things." -- G.K. Chesterton, philosopher, All Things Considered, 'An Essay on Two Cities', 1908

"Unlike the current belief in the field that observations can be discarded according to whether they fit a theory, I submit that the observations in fact are the known laws of physics." -- Halton C. Arp, astronomer, 1987

"If you want to find evidence refuting Big Bang Theory, just point a telescope at the sky!" -- Tom Van Flandern, astronomer, 1993

"Observations in science are the primary and ultimate authority." -- Halton C. Arp, astronomer, 1998

Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
I haven't declared war on history.
who has? your statement about the flat-earth society is WRONG, just accept that they are creationists.

Any would be a good start. You have none.
i've given you evidence before, you just plain reject it.
i've quoted norse, greek and other religious beliefs about the earth, they all say its flat.
you hand-wave it away.

So why do you use Wikipedia, Newton, Darwin, and Einstein for proof?
your claim is that the greeks and the hindus knew the earth was round what is your evidence? philosophers, and a late term religious text that wasn't even part of mainstream belief, and you then say that that is evidence for your claim.
where am i doing that again? oh right i'm not. FAIL.

if you are going to whine about logic use, come up with a logical argument. your claim is not logical, just because some philosophers knew something doesn't mean everyone did.
that is an argument from composition

Reactions: Targ
Upvote 0

ReverendDG

Sep 3, 2006
✟10,901.00
Faith
Pantheist
Politics
US-Others
The last place I'd go to actually learn about astronomy is an astronomy class.

"... the chief object of education is to unlearn things." -- G.K. Chesterton, philosopher, All Things Considered, 'An Essay on Two Cities', 1908

"Unlike the current belief in the field that observations can be discarded according to whether they fit a theory, I submit that the observations in fact are the known laws of physics." -- Halton C. Arp, astronomer, 1987

"If you want to find evidence refuting Big Bang Theory, just point a telescope at the sky!" -- Tom Van Flandern, astronomer, 1993

"Observations in science are the primary and ultimate authority." -- Halton C. Arp, astronomer, 1998
wow virtually nothing you wrote is relevant to what i said.

who knew someone could post such a ream of irrelevant drivel, and still thinks that constitutes an argument.
edit: then again whats to expect from a person who swallows anything written by the fringe? solely because they ARE fringe at that?

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
wow virtually nothing you wrote is relevant to what i said.

who knew someone could post such a ream of irrelevant drivel, and still thinks that constitutes an argument.
edit: then again whats to expect from a person who swallows anything written by the fringe? solely because they ARE fringe at that?
A predictable fundy response from someone with faith in Scientism.

Upvote 0