Visit site
✟447,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Most American Christians Do Not Believe that Satan or the Holy Spirit Exist - Barna Group
Four out of ten Christians (40%) strongly agreed that Satan “is not a living being but is a symbol of evil.” An additional two out of ten Christians (19%) said they “agree somewhat” with that perspective. A minority of Christians indicated that they believe Satan is real by disagreeing with the statement: one-quarter (26%) disagreed strongly and about one-tenth (9%) disagreed somewhat. The remaining 8% were not sure what they believe about the existence of Satan.

Do you think that Satan communicates with you? I think it is just ourselves. I think we are made up of multiple agents.... see this video about a split brain patient:
I think that agrees with the idea of us having different sources of thoughts like heart, soul, gut, spirit, sinful self, etc.

At 1:40 one brain hemisphere of a split brain patient says they believe in God while the other hemisphere says they don't. So perhaps one hemisphere would go to heaven while the other goes to hell....

A related thing is that it seems Judas was possessed by Satan twice....

In Luke 22:3 it was before the last supper. In John 13:27 it was as soon as Judas took the bread.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most American Christians Do Not Believe that Satan or the Holy Spirit Exist - Barna Group

Do you think that Satan communicates with you? I think it is just ourselves. I think we are made up of multiple agents.... see this video about a split brain patient:
I think that agrees with the idea of us having different sources of thoughts like heart, soul, gut, spirit, sinful self, etc.

At 1:40 one brain hemisphere of a split brain patient says they believe in God while the other hemisphere says they don't. So perhaps one hemisphere would go to heaven while the other goes to hell....

In Luke 22:3 it was before the last supper. In John 13:27 it was as soon as Judas took the bread.
I seriously question the validity of that survey.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Satan I think does try to quote/unquote "communicate" to me, but it is through other people and other things, and is not from the inside of me, or voices I hear just out of thin air, etc...

Seems like he almost has to do it that way, etc...

Other people/things are most of the time unaware of it I think, but both he and I know, etc, and so does God, etc...

God speaks to me sometimes from on the inside of me, etc...

And sometimes it is a "war", or the "fight is on", etc...

Not at always or at all times though, etc...

The inside of me is good though...

So probably not going to watch the vids, might just mess me up or confuse me, etc...

And I have enough problems to deal with as it is, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Satan communicates with all mankind every single day. I hear him every single day but I don't think most people recognize him.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟447,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
BTW about Joyce Meyer's "Battlefield of the Mind"
http://www.longschristian.com/firstchapter.asp?mode=view&index=922
Through careful strategy and cunning deceit, Satan attempts to set up "strongholds" in our mind... The devil argues with us; he offers us theories and reasonings. All of this activity goes on in the mind.... We need spiritual weapons because we are fighting master spirits, yes, even the devil himself

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan communicates with all mankind every single day. I hear him every single day but I don't think most people recognize him.
Do you feel that God does this as well, or is this just a characteristic of Satan?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Do you feel that God does this as well, or is this just a characteristic of Satan?

I think God does it all the time. But people aren't listening. It is "the voice of one crying in the wilderness", not "the voice of the worldwide media apparatus".

Watch television for a few hours. Note how many times people are encouraged to go against the will of God. Pay particular attention to how good they make it sound. That's the voice people are listening to. It drowns out the cry from the wilderness.

• Informative
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Believing is one thing and communicating is another. If a person, in this case a Christian, does not believe in the Holy Spirit then they are a Christian in their own mind and not part of the Body of Christ. That being said, they are only listening to Satan. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I believe that Satan exists (or existed) and I'm comfortable with the plausible notion that he is a "fallen angel". I wholeheartedly agree that Satan (if he still lives) has no power to influence anyone. People make choices and are quick to place the blame for bad ones on Satanic influences. The late comedian, Flip Wilson (as Geraldine), was fond of declaring, "The devil made me buy that dress!".

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe that Satan exists (or existed) and I'm comfortable with the plausible notion that he is a "fallen angel". I wholeheartedly agree that Satan (if he still lives) has no power to influence anyone. People make choices and are quick to place the blame for bad ones on Satanic influences. The late comedian, Flip Wilson (as Geraldine), was fond of declaring, "The devil made me buy that dress!".
I have to disagree with one thing, the Bible clearly teaches that satan does exist and that he is very capable of influencing people. I am concerned that anyone who does not believe that is going to be easy for satan to manipulate. satan works very hard to convince people he does not exist.

Reactions: Gary987
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is an old saying. "The Devils greatest achievement was convincing people he doesnt exist". Seems to me you are saying watered down version of this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have to disagree with one thing, the Bible clearly teaches that satan does exist and that he is very capable of influencing people. I am concerned that anyone who does not believe that is going to be easy for satan to manipulate. satan works very hard to convince people he does not exist.
The Bible clearly teaches that Satan DID exist and that he DID operate to influence people. Since Jesus defeated him a very long time ago, I think it's doubtful that he is still around to perform more mischief. But, if he is still on earth, I'm confident enough of Jesus' victory to believe he holds no power to make trouble any longer.

It is a potent spiritual law that people MUST chose for good or for bad. Spirits are not allowed to interfere with human choice. Humans may seek to persuade people to do evil things, but they are just humans. There is no spiritual presence dedicated to draw people into evil choices. Humans do these things for sure, and they will pay a very high price for this work. It is certainly bad to commit evil, but is far worse to seek the ruin of others because this sin is then multiplied. At the appropriate time, God will sort these issues out through judgement.

We should strive to avoid sinning all together. But if we should make a mistake once in awhile, it is better that we own up to the mistake and not seek to blame our false choices on others.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible clearly teaches that Satan DID exist and that he DID operate to influence people. Since Jesus defeated him a very long time ago, I think it's doubtful that he is still around to perform more mischief. But, if he is still on earth, I'm confident enough of Jesus' victory to believe he holds no power to make trouble any longer.

It is a potent spiritual law that people MUST chose for good or for bad. Spirits are not allowed to interfere with human choice. Humans may seek to persuade people to do evil things, but they are just humans. There is no spiritual presence dedicated to draw people into evil choices. Humans do these things for sure, and they will pay a very high price for this work. It is certainly bad to commit evil, but is far worse to seek the ruin of others because this sin is then multiplied. At the appropriate time, God will sort these issues out through judgement.

We should strive to avoid sinning all together. But if we should make an mistake once in awhile, it is better that we own up to the mistake and not seek to blame our false choices on others.
You need to skip to the back of the book and find out more about satan.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We should strive to avoid sinning all together. But if we should make a mistake once in awhile, it is better that we own up to the mistake and not seek to blame our false choices on others.
I agree....... There are some that will always seek to blame another for their sins.... But they that walk in the spirit, know that they themselves, must choose between good and evil, blessings and curses.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that Satan communicates with you?

Yes. Through my wife. Constantly telling me the grass has to be cut. We’re out of coffee. The pet food’s almost gone. Her car needs washing. And on and on. It’ll drive you bonkers...:swoon:

Upvote 0