Bermuda
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
the battle is between GOD and lucifer

if JESUS IS IN THE centre of your life ..

he is in front of your choices

he is behind you when you are weary

he walks beside you when you want a friend

how can you set your heart to fail?
hm hm

Upvote 0

AGODBELIEVERlove1stfaith2

SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND TRUTH - THE BIBLE IS TRUTH
Site Supporter
Jul 7, 2010
BERMUDA
Visit site
✟50,602.00
Country
Bermuda
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
AS according to Vanessa pride

"life's purpose, to reproduce, like every other living creature. It's slightly arrogant to believe that your life and your world need to have a purpose. we are not that important. and if life requires a designer, who designed the designer?

thats logical?

It bothers me that even though, religion relys on faith, (faith being the believe with out evidence) yet we are supposed to respect it...

people rely on the fruits of modern science often, every time you get a disease, you go to the hospital, drive a car, get on the computer... it is modern science, but when that same modern science tells you the earth was not made in 600 years, but billions of years old. you deny it

the bible is homophobic, sexist, racist, it condons slavery child and spousal abuse, its disgusting.

I find most christians ignorant"

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
if we have evolved from amoeba
then apes to homo sapiens to humans

then whats the sense of science

life would have no morals

no purpose

There would be no externally imposed purposes coming from a divine being.

However, there would be purposes that, when chosen, would matter in a positive way to the life of the organism. That's quite enough for morals and meaning.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Reactions: ToHoldNothing
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
doesnt that underscore

THAT IN LIFE .. we plan

or we just live life without purpose?

really .... are there responsibility n accountability??
Gotta admit that for most parts your posts are cryptic to me. (Using grammar, orthography, punctuation and formatting in a slightly more conventional way might already help with making them more comprehensible).

All I can tell you is that I live my life with purposes, and that these purposes come with responsibilities and accountabilities.
I have no idea what amoeba and apes might have to do with that.

One thing I´ll give you: If there´s no god there´s no accountability/responsibility to a god. That´s trivial, actually.
I fail to see the problem with that, though.

Upvote 0

zairsmith

Apr 30, 2011
U.S. - California
✟7,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
As Christians we are to simply give the Scripture to our fellow brothers and sisters who may not believe and leave it as that...bombarding them with accountibility with God will not help to bring them to Christ as they can not see the consequences to their choice of believing God doesn't exist. Besides if its meant for them to be saved God will water the seed you plant and they will feel the knock on there hearts and its up to them to open not us to kick the door down and subdue them with condemnation. We are not representing our God when we do this as Jesus is a gentle and loving God and long suffering.

As far as morality goes I believe that when man fell morality was apart of the knowledge we acquired through the transgression against Gods only commandment with Adam. The reason why I believe this is because Adam played the blame game with God by saying it was THE WOMAN GOD GAVE HIM that gave him the fruit. Obviously since he didn't own up to it he new it was morally compromising to eat the fruit. Then Eve blamed the snake same notion as Adam.

Then later in Genesis, Cain killed Able and lied to God when he was asked where is your brother. In his attempt to cover his immorality, he lied like all of us including me. Now my question to you is how did Cain know that murder was immoral if he was the first murderer and God never gave the law on murder. I believe, friends, that morality is ingrained into our spirits because our spirits come from God and Gods energy can not contradict itself. Nevertheless, because we wrestle with our fallen state sometimes our flesh supercedes our spirit as we excercise will...I submit to you today friends that there are only two wills in existence ours and Gods and when our will is not inline with the will of The most High we begin to cover up our immorality but God sees our nakedness meaning God sees what we try to hid.

Always speaking in love never condemnation.

For scriptural basis turn to Genesis 2:16, 17 for the one commandment to Adam. Genesis 3 for the fall of man,. Genesis 4 for Cain and Able's story.

Reactions: oi_antz
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I submit to you today friends that there are only two wills in existence ours and Gods

Then you don't believe in the existence of either Satan or Lucifer?

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

zairsmith

Apr 30, 2011
U.S. - California
✟7,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Then you don't believe in the existence of either Satan or Lucifer?

eudaimonia,

Mark

No I do it just Satan can only do what God allows him...we see this in the book of job or what we allow him through fear...God tells us he did not instill the spirit of fear in to man. This is because fear is the opposite of faith. So, essentially Satan can not oppose God in actions as God governs his ability to carry out his will directly. I can sin against God all day and still receive certain rewards without necessarily receiving direct consequence. Satan sin against God was his attempt to be like God in heaven...now God uses him to weedoit the true believers through Satan's many deceptions. This is why Jesus tels us do not be deceived. This also why Eve said the serpant deceived me...in Genesis, if your will is inline with Gods you can not be deceived because God will guard you by putting a leash on Satan as he did in the book concerning Job.

Upvote 0

zairsmith

Apr 30, 2011
U.S. - California
✟7,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
So Satan is doing God's dirty work of tempting the faithful? Kind of like the angel of death carries out that messy duty of taking out the spirit of life temporarily

Yep something like that read Exodus when God issues his Last great work in Egypt He allowed the destroyer to smite all the first born to show his might in a Godless environment or essentially an environment infested with false gods and idols...the destroyer is another name given to Satan as a title or one may look at it as a revelation of his agenda that God governs

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.