Does His Mother Like You?

JesusWasn'tWhite

Feb 15, 2005
✟1,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I think she likes me. She likes my cooking too. I think she thinks her son and I are good together. We work well together. His siblings (two brothers, one brother-in-law, one sister, one sister-in-law) all like me pretty well too. We hang out together and go out on double dates. It's fun. I went out with him and his parents the other night and had a pretty good time.

Upvote 0

MN John

Oct 23, 2005
Gallifrey to Trenzalore
✟30,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JAKG said:
I think that my girlfriends parents like me just fine. I think her brother-in-law likes me. I think her sister doesn't like me much. I think her brother and sister-in-law like me just fine.
Maybe a little addendum... I learned to day that it was her father who sugested that I not be invited to Christmas.

Upvote 0

bumblebee62331

Oct 12, 2005
✟37,794.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
halifaxhoney said:
Does your boyfriend's mother like you? If I knew how to make a poll I would but since I don't :p ....I thought I would just put the question out there. I still have to gather my thoughts about if my boyfriend's mother likes me.

:) At the bottom of the page when you submit a new thread, it has the option to tick a box next to "submit a poll" or something similar. Tick that. Then click "Submit Thread". The thread will be uploaded and you will be taken to a page to fill out the poll question and options. Then you click "submit poll" or similar :)

There ya go.

As for the question - I think so. I've met his mother, but she lives a while away so I see his step-mother more, who seems to get along with me okay. But I think she realises that it's not her place to "like me" or not. But we get along fine. :)

Upvote 0

spokenforbyHim

Mar 15, 2005
Ohio
✟175.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
My boyfriend's parents like me. They're hilarious and I get along with them really well. His brother and I didnt get along too well at first but he's started to warm up to me and we've actually had conversations. lol(He's 19 and my boyfriends 17)

Nice post halifaxhoney.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hediru

Newlywed Wife, New Pastor, Loving the ride!
Sep 23, 2005
Ohio
✟17,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
His whole family seems to just love me! lol His Mom, and sister especially. I'm not completely sure about his dad and brother, but they don't seem to not like me, so i guess that's a good thing.

Upvote 0

...butterfly...

(¯`•¸·´¯) Blessed Bride (¯`•¸·´¯)
May 5, 2005
✟8,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I met my boyfriends mother on Thanksgiving break of 2004, she liked me then, but I think it was because there was 1000 miles between her son and I. Shortly after Thanksgiving (sometime around Christmas) my moteher and I had a disagreement and she kicked me out, I called everoyone I could think of, and my boyfriends parents agree to take me in. Not exactly the best decision ever....my boyfriends mom and I , faiught all the time, and she actaully told me that she didn't want me dating her son, and that she didn't want me living with them either, and so I moved out after I graduated high school....needless to say she's been trying to break us up for the past 3 yrs, and she doesn't know that we're planning on getting married...she doesn't even like us to talk about getting married or having children in the future in front of her. She got mad cause he bought me a promise ring (that I wore on my left hand).
So the answer to your question is NO, my boyfriends mom doesn't like me....she tolerates me.

Upvote 0

spokenforbyHim

Mar 15, 2005
Ohio
✟175.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
...butterfly... said:
I met my boyfriends mother on Thanksgiving break of 2004, she liked me then, but I think it was because there was 1000 miles between her son and I. Shortly after Thanksgiving (sometime around Christmas) my moteher and I had a disagreement and she kicked me out, I called everoyone I could think of, and my boyfriends parents agree to take me in. Not exactly the best decision ever....my boyfriends mom and I , faiught all the time, and she actaully told me that she didn't want me dating her son, and that she didn't want me living with them either, and so I moved out after I graduated high school....needless to say she's been trying to break us up for the past 3 yrs, and she doesn't know that we're planning on getting married...she doesn't even like us to talk about getting married or having children in the future in front of her. She got mad cause he bought me a promise ring (that I wore on my left hand).
So the answer to your question is NO, my boyfriends mom doesn't like me....she tolerates me.

oh my gosh, thats terrible. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I hope everything works out with you and your boyfriend though! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rosemerry

Jan 2, 2006
Bradenton FL
Visit site
✟347.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I think my boyfriend's family likes me. We don't interact much but when I'm over and the whole family is say, going out to eat, or having some get together at the house I am always welcome.

If it is a holiday. I am usually with my own family. We only get to see each other twice a week because of work but it seems to work for us.

Upvote 0

chocolateloverjen

ALSO: ricloverjen AND godloverjen
Apr 11, 2005
East Yorkshire
✟16,935.00
Faith
Methodist
Hey, im in a situation, lol

im in a long distant relationship so basecally we stay over at each others houses. i kinda knew rics parents didnt aprove of me in a way from day one. Through the past year its has been ok until myself and his parents had a huge argument about phone bills etc. i mean i pay my way and they pay for rics (phone), i suggested they make him pay if they dont like it but no they just had a massive argument with me and they got dead personal about money etc. they are wealthy (they like live in a mansion) its annoying. im not that wealthy to be honest.

i mean i went there for new year and they where fine with me, i suppose its all forgotten but i still feel a bit dodgy and i dont actualy know if they like me.
they sed to ric he can go out with me if he wants its his decision- im thinking thats a hint that he could do better.

Upvote 0

Baggy

The ONE BAGGYMAN for JENGIRL
Apr 16, 2005
✟7,904.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
chocolateloverjen said:
i mean i went there for new year and they where fine with me, i suppose its all forgotten but i still feel a bit dodgy and i dont actualy know if they like me.
they sed to ric he can go out with me if he wants its his decision- im thinking thats a hint that he could do better.

Hi honey, they are fine with you, its all bin forgotten and is water under the bridge, and they didnt say its my decision like that, they where sayin it to say they will like and love whoever i choose to love, and i choose to love you!! :kiss:

Upvote 0