Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I do not know why so many christians find fault with God's LAWS the Ten Commandments, I dont think any born again believer would wan't to have other gods, bow down to images, or take Gods name in vain, no born again believer would want to disonore there parents, kill commit adultery, steal, bear false witness, or covet.

So what is the problem could it be the" Seventh Day Sabbath" the fourth commandment in the decalouge, so i guess the only way of solving the Sabbath problem is by blending God's moral laws with the laws of Moses and obragting both them which leaves us with a big problem....... Rom.4:15
15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. Enough of the rubbish the bible is clear were there is no law there is no trangression thus there is no sin. Rom.5:13 13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

1 John.3:4
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Paul does not doaway with the LAW he tells us we should establish the law. Rom 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

What countless christians are doing today is making God's Holy LAW void, when Paul speaks of being under the LAW he means under it's condemnation we are not under the LAW as believer, we are no longer under it's condemnation we are under grace, this does not mean that we are free to practice sin, "sin all we want".

The fact is when christians try to "destroy God's LAWS", some unknowley are considering that God made a mistake by establishing these LAWS in the first place, and then later comming in the person of Jesus and destroying what he established, that is one thing that early in my christian walk i could not understand.

Psalms.119:17
17 ¶ GIMEL. Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word.

Psalms:119:77
77 Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.

God's LAWS are a delight not a burden like some christians believe.

In Isaiah 42:21 The Lord Jesus Christ magnifies God's LAW.

Isaiah.42:21 21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

God's LAWS are Holy just and Good.... Rom.7:12
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Matt 5:17-18

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

I wan't to address Col 2:14-18, 21-22

The GREEK WORDS "Cheirographon Tois Dogmasin" in verse 14 of Col 2 in Apocaliptic literature indicates the written record of our sins, not any LAW codes, the GREEK word "
Cheirographon" occures only ones in scripture in Col.2:14, in the context of Col.2:14 the word law “ nómos. . is not even mentioned, the accusing witness in verse 14 is the record of our sins, which Christ has taken out of the way and nailed to his cross.

Paul affirms how complete God's forgiveness is towards us that God through his son Jesus has cancelled the "written record of our sins" which because of it's regulations "prescribed the death penalty for the transgressor", was against us, what Christ obrogated on the cross was not the LAW but the "written record of our sins".

By destroying the written record of our sins, CHRIST JESUS has disarmed "principalities and powers" Verse 15.

16 ¶ Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

First things first, Paul is not the one passing judgment in this passage, but certain false teachers were passing judgment on how the believers observe
these days, so it should be noted that Paul is not warning the Colossians against the "observance of these practices" as such but rather against those that were passing judgment on how to eat, drink, and to observe Holy Days, New Moons, and the "Seventh Day Sabbath".

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

In verse 17.. Paul is not reffering to the five mentioned practices in the previous verse but to the "regulations regarding these practices that were promoted by the false brethern.

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

The context is a whole theological discussion when Paul attempts to help the Colossians that were being mislead by these false brethern. These false brethern taught them that they had to call for help from "principalities and powers of angels". Paul is saying in effect why are you trying to seek Salvation (OUTSIDE OF JESUS) by submitting to these "nonsensical rules and regulations" don't you realize that Christ has forgiven you "all of your trespasses" and yes he has even done more than that, he has made null, and void, nailed to his cross the written record of your sins, so keep your eyes on what Christ did for you and don't put your faith in men that will try to beguile you of your reward by intraducing the false worship of angels.

21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men?

God's laws are not Commandments and doctrines of men, they are Commandments and Doctrines of God almighty. Neither does God remove guilt by " Cancelling LAWS", so what Paul is condeming is not the principle of "Sabbath keeping" but the perversion.

I'm Ralph and i'm Seventh Day Adventist, i Attend Beth Tehillah Vetilkva a Messianic Adventist church.

Shabbat Shalom.:)

YeshuamySalvation

Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I will present scriptures concerning The law of God in the New Testament. The law of God was never meant "as a means of righteousness", or salvation, but rather that it should point sinners to both righteousness and salvation. The Lord Jesus Christ of course, being that which they point to for salvation, and the fulfillment of righteousness within the believer. Christ did fulfill the law. Those therefore who believe in Him, and have accepted him in to their hearts, through the enabling power of the Holy Spirit, also have the law fulfilled within them. This is not a means of Justification, Righteousness, nor Salvation, but it comes as a result of being in perfect communion with our Lord and Saviour, in whom all things are possible...... Phil.4:13 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Rom 2:13-15 13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

Rom 3:31 31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 7:14 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Rom 8:3-4 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The law is spiritual. Those who walk in the spirit, have the righteousness of the law( imputed) fulfilled within them. This they don't do to earn merit by doing good works to be saved, but rather because they already have there Salvation as a gift from Gods divine grace, there faith leads them to obidience; to obey Gods Commands is to have faith in God.

Rom 13:8 8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Rom 13:10 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Gal 5:14-18 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Those who walk in the spirit, are not under the law. This is because, the law is spiritual. Those who are walking in the spirit have the Righteousness of the law imputed in them, instead of the works of the flesh which is corruption. If you are in Christ, by faith in the Cross of Calvary, then you have been baptized into his death, i don't mean water baptisim, i mean being baptized into Christ. If you have died with Him, then the laws demands, penalties and curses are no longer over you, for the penalty of trangression is death. And Christ has already acomplished that for you in the Cross. Since you have already been baptized into his death, you no longer live in disobidience but in newness of life.

Rom.6:1-4, 13-16

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ
were baptized into his death?

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Matt 5:17-20 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousnessshall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matt. 22:36-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thyneighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

John 14:15-21 15 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15:10,12,13 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Greater love hath noman than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

I Jn 2:3-4 3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

I Jn 3:22-24 22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 Jn 5:2-3 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2 Jn 1:5-6 5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Rev 12:17 17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12 12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Galatians 4 4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

By Christ paying the penalty of the law, does not change the law in the slightest bit, but rather my standing in relation to the law. The law does not cease to exists, but when i am in Christ, i am no longer under the law, im no longer under it's jurisdiction. There is no longer enmity between us as Christ abolished "the enmity" between the law, "and the transgressor", not the law.

Upvote 0

YeshuamySalvation

Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I will quickly attempt to explain God's LAW as best as i can......

the blood of bulls and goats were never meant to take away ones sins (Jesus is our perfect sacrifice). Jesus' discourse in Matt 5:17-20, is cut and dry. The fulfillment of the LAW and the Prophets. That not one jot or tittle will pass away, from the LAW. Jesus refers to the smallest Hebrew letter and the decorations on some of the letters that can be found in the LAW. Meaning that alot of us as Seventh Day Adventist have a misunderstanding of what Jesus is saying not one jot or tittle "means the whole LAW", not just the Ten Commandments are binding as we are lead to believe, the whole LAW is.

Jesus is saying that the LAW as a whole is important and still binding. And that not the slightest bit of the LAW would pass until ALL is fulfilled. Not everything has been fulfilled yet. Jesus hasn't come back, so it would be safe to say that the LAW is still in affect all of it.

Eph 2:11-14 11
¶ Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;....

the circumcision made by hands has it's origin in man, the Judiazers called Gentiles the uncircumcised meaning the "unsaved," because there religion taught them they had to be circumcisied to be saved.

That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Here Paul saids that they were
aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world, but this was not so in the OT, Gentiles were part of the the commonwealth of Israel, and the covenants of promise....

Exodus.12:49 49 One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Num.15:14-16
15 One ordinance shall be both for you of the congregation, and also for the stranger that sojourneth with you, an ordinance for ever in your generations: as ye are, so shall the stranger be before the LORD.
16 One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.

Deut.29:10-15
10 ¶ Ye stand this day all of you before the LORD your God; your captains of your tribes, your elders, and your officers, with all the men of Israel,

Your little ones, your wives, and thy stranger that is in thy camp,
from the hewer of thy wood unto the drawer of thy water:
12 That thou shouldest enter into covenant with the LORD thy God, and into his oath, which the LORD thy God maketh with thee this day:

as
That he may establish thee to day for a people unto himself, and that he may be unto thee a God, as he hath said unto thee, and he hath sworn unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.

Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath;

But with him that standeth here with us this day before the LORD our God, and also with him that is not here with us this day:

Isaiah.56:2-8
2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

¶ Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be
accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Eph.2:13-15
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Gentiles are now brought nigh by the redemtion that is in Christ Jesus, they are no longer strangers but partakers of the Covenants and promises.

¶ For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Jesus is the
peace between "Jews and Gentiles" alike, he made both Jews and Gentiles one breaking down the middle wall of "partition" that was between them.

Eph 2:15-16 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

The " law of commandments contained in ordinances" is not the law of God, it's the law of man this law was exactly what seperated "Jews" from "Gentiles" Christ abolished this law in his flesh, it was this law that said that no Gentile could come into the Temple, no Jews could eat nor fellowship with a Gentile, this law considered Gentiles to be dogs greatly inferior to the Jews.

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:"

the origin of the circumcision made by hand comes from men not from God, the circumcision that was given to Abraham came from God not from men.

Acts.17:24
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

It saids God
dwelleth not in temples made with hands, yet God told his people ..... Exodus.25:8 8 And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

1 Cor 7:19 19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
from first glance Paul statement seems to be contradictory, first he saids
"Circumcision" is nothing, and "uncircumcision" is also nothing, but the keeping of the "commandments of God" which does not exclude circumcision sounds pretty weird but it's not, What he means In other words, one does not have an advantage over the other, yet, he says, we must keep the commandments of God. "Which also includes circumcision". sounds like a cotradiction but it's not, rather there is an allusion to circumcision for the purpose of a sign of conversion having been substituted by baptism, but circumcision remains as a hygienic requirement. Paul is stating that circumcision is not enough, we must circumcise the foreskin of our hearts Deut.10:16; Deut.30:6; Jere.4:4 by Keeping all of the commandments of God and not just circumcision alone.

Blessings:)

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
YeshuamySalvation said:
Do we have any posters here? What happen to the rest of the Seveth Day Adventist? :confused:
Thank you very much for that post, YeshuamySalvation. Not only is it true but most seem to misunderstand the relationship between grace and the law.

Good job! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

YeshuamySalvation

Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Ok guys lets follow those three posts that i posted with a "logical progression" they do not totally agree with the majority of our Seventh Day Adventist interpretations, i believe the Laws of God to be his very Word, and God's Word is life (his Torah), i believe the LAW to be one binding Law not two different LAWS as some Adventists are lead to believe.. Scripture saids that his word is his LAW...

Deut 4:2
2Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish aught from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deut 12:32 32"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it. Thou shalt not add thereto nor diminish from it.

The Lord saids that we should not add nor
diminish from his Word, by saying that one law was holy just and good, and the other one burdensome and carnal, runs contrary to what Jesus said concerning the LAW of God in Matt 5:17-20

Jesus' discourse in Matt 5:17-20, is cut and dry. The fulfillment of the LAW and the Prophets. That not one jot or tittle will pass away, from the LAW. Jesus refers to the smallest Hebrew letter and the decorations on some of the letters that can be found in the LAW. Meaning that alot of us as Seventh Day Adventist have a misunderstanding of what Jesus is saying not one jot or tittle "means the whole LAW", not just the Ten Commandments are binding as we are lead to believe, the whole LAW is.

Jesus is saying that the LAW as a whole is important and still binding. And that not the slightest bit of the LAW would pass until ALL is fulfilled. Not everything has been fulfilled yet. Jesus hasn't come back, so it would be safe to say that the whole LAW is still in affect all of it.

Our Lord Jesus Christ was the walking-Torah when he came in human form to this earth, he is the word of God made flesh John 1:14.... and God's word is eternal, and his Word is Yeshua our Salvation. Psalms.111:7-8

7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure. 8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness. 9 He sent redemption unto His people; He hath commanded His covenant for ever; holy and reverend is His name.

Blessings..:groupray:

Upvote 0

Lauri4Him

Nov 11, 2005
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's law has always existed.
How else could Adam and Eve sinned in the garden if there was no law?

1 John 3:4 ¶Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Deuteronomy 28:9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.

Psalms 119:115 ¶Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

To him that overcometh what? Why sin of course!

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

May we all surrender to God and by His grace lay hold of His power to overcome sin in all areas of our lives.

Your sister in Christ,
Lauri

Upvote 0

return2eden

Apr 13, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
✟15,137.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
YeshuamySalvation said:
Do we have any posters here? What happen to the rest of the Seveth Day Adventist? :confused:

Christians nowadays are led to believe that there is only one law in the Bible (the ten commandments) and that it was abolished at the cross. That the 10 commandments, ordinances, ceremonies are all one law. The Bible says in Col. 2:14 that there was a law nailed to the cross. We need to ask ourselves, what law was abolished and done away with? It was a law that was “against us…contrary to us.” It cannot be the ten commandments because in Deut. 6:24 and 10:13 that this law is for our good. This law is called “ the law of commandments contained in ordinances.” The ten commandments is called the royal law according to James 2:8,11. Ordinances are ceremonies, rituals that God commanded the Israelites to do for it will be a “shadow of thing to come”, so it will point to Christ., the Messiah. This law was given by God and spoken by Moses (Ex.24:3; Lev.1:1-2). The 10 Commandments were given and spoken by God Himself (Ex. 20:1;Deut. 4:12-13, 9:10). Notice, if this law was nailed to the cross, this means it is temporary, that it has come to an end. The ten commandments is eternal as in Ps.11:7-8 and Matt. 5:17-18. Moses’ law was abolished by Jesus at the cross (Eph.2:15), taken out of the way and the ten commandments were not destroyed by Christ (Matt. 5:17-18) but are established by faith in Christ (Rom. 3:31). If all laws are one, then there would be more than 10 commandments. Deut. 5:21-22 says that God added no more to the 10 commandments. If the 10 commandments were nailed to the cross at the crucifixion of Jesus, why then does Luke 23:54-56 say that people “rested on the Sabbath day according to the commandment” after the death of Jesus? The Word of God speaks for itself. Let us prayerfully meditate on these beautiful truths. :amen:

Upvote 0

seangoh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
return2eden said:
Christians nowadays are led to believe that there is only one law in the Bible (the ten commandments) and that it was abolished at the cross. That the 10 commandments, ordinances, ceremonies are all one law. The Bible says in Col. 2:14 that there was a law nailed to the cross. We need to ask ourselves, what law was abolished and done away with? It was a law that was “against us…contrary to us.” It cannot be the ten commandments because in Deut. 6:24 and 10:13 that this law is for our good. This law is called “ the law of commandments contained in ordinances.” The ten commandments is called the royal law according to James 2:8,11. Ordinances are ceremonies, rituals that God commanded the Israelites to do for it will be a “shadow of thing to come”, so it will point to Christ., the Messiah. This law was given by God and spoken by Moses (Ex.24:3; Lev.1:1-2). The 10 Commandments were given and spoken by God Himself (Ex. 20:1;Deut. 4:12-13, 9:10). Notice, if this law was nailed to the cross, this means it is temporary, that it has come to an end. The ten commandments is eternal as in Ps.11:7-8 and Matt. 5:17-18. Moses’ law was abolished by Jesus at the cross (Eph.2:15), taken out of the way and the ten commandments were not destroyed by Christ (Matt. 5:17-18) but are established by faith in Christ (Rom. 3:31). If all laws are one, then there would be more than 10 commandments. Deut. 5:21-22 says that God added no more to the 10 commandments. If the 10 commandments were nailed to the cross at the crucifixion of Jesus, why then does Luke 23:54-56 say that people “rested on the Sabbath day according to the commandment” after the death of Jesus? The Word of God speaks for itself. Let us prayerfully meditate on these beautiful truths. :amen:

EXCELLENT post there!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jabechler

Mar 16, 2006
✟324.00
Faith
SDA
All great thoughts and true. Lets us put all this in perspective with these two thoughts.

The division in the law as we call them, The Ten Commandments and the ceremonial or mosaic law.

God wrote with His own finger in stone signifiing His authirity so as to not be questioned and in stone for permanence. Look at the Ark of the Covenant, the stones with Gods law was placed in the Ark and the ceremonial law was placed on the outside of the Ark. I believe this was very significant.

Also let look at the what the Law did. To break the law of God was to sin. How did I know it was sin ,but the law told me. Christ came to fulfill the law. Part of Christs mission was to show that the Law Of GoD could be kept.He was the second Adam ,who did not keep the law. We are told that christ was our example. His death covered the condemnation of the law for us if we believe.( Justification):groupray: His ressurection brings us hope in salvation and eternal life ( Glorification):groupray: and His life, a living example of the ability through Christ to live in accordance with the Law of God on a daily bases.( Sanctification):groupray:

And let us also remember that old or new testament we are saved by Grace . We are saved by a living faith in Jesus Christ. We are saved by our living testament in the hope of eternal life through Christ our Lord and Savior. Our brothers and sisiters in the old testament lived by faith in the coming Messiah we live in faith of Christ the ressurected Messiah.:bow:

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
_Origen said:
What will happen to me if I continue going to church on sunday and not keeping the Sabbath according to Seventh Day Adventist?

If God has not convicted you to keep the Sabbath, then nothing will "happen" to you, according to Seventh-day Adventists. We do not believe that everyone else will be lost, if that's what you are asking. We do not believe that anyone is saved by keeping the Sabbath. We believe that we are saved by the grace of God, through faith. We believe that the experience of Sabbath is an expression of our love for God and a response to the grace that He has given us, not a means of salvation.

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
_Origen said:
What will happen to me if I continue going to church on sunday and not keeping the Sabbath according to Seventh Day Adventist?

There is no where in the Bible that says you can not have a worship service on Sunday or for that matter any other day of the week.

The Bible does tell us to keep the 7th day holy.

I would suggest that you really seek the Lord and He will lead you into all truth.

We are not the judge so it would be better to ask the judge.

All the answers to life's great problems are found in God's Word. Go there to get your answer.

Upvote 0

_Origen

Mar 25, 2006
✟185.00
Faith
Christian
Sophia7 said:
If God has not convicted you to keep the Sabbath, then nothing will "happen" to you, according to Seventh-day Adventists. We do not believe that everyone else will be lost, if that's what you are asking. We do not believe that anyone is saved by keeping the Sabbath. We believe that we are saved by the grace of God, through faith. We believe that the experience of Sabbath is an expression of our love for God and a response to the grace that He has given us, not a means of salvation.

Well I like your answer and accept it as truth,...but...I have also heard and seen SDA's preach against SUNday and say that keeping the day Holy is the "mark of the beast," and that the Sabbath is the "seal of God"--in context with eternal security. This of course contradicts Eph.1:13;4:30. I've seen some SDA-Professors claim that Sunday keeping Christians worship the Sun-god and link it in with Mithra--a lie highly promoted now by Dan Brown and fellow Gnostic propagandist. They (SDA's) even consider E.G.White as Canon, when the O.T & N.T Canon's have been closed since the death of John.
So, as you can clearly see, I do have some septicism has to exactly what SDA's truly represent (since many SDA Theologians stray away from true orthodox Christianity.
I do not hold any resentment or bitterness twords those who keep the Seventh day as the Sabbath, I only question those who condemn those who condemn the finished works of Christ on the first day of the week (John 4:34). I also question SDA's on the State of the dead since the evidence in scripture seems to favor the orthodox position.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jabechler

Mar 16, 2006
✟324.00
Faith
SDA
_Origen said:
Well I like your answer and accept it as truth,...but...I have also heard and seen SDA's preach against SUNday and say that keeping the day Holy is the "mark of the beast," and that the Sabbath is the "seal of God"--in context with eternal security. This of course contradicts Eph.1:13;4:30. I've seen some SDA-Professors claim that Sunday keeping Christians worship the Sun-god and link it in with Mithra--a lie highly promoted now by Dan Brown and fellow Gnostic propagandist. They (SDA's) even consider E.G.White as Canon, when the O.T & N.T Canon's have been closed since the death of John.
So, as you can clearly see, I do have some septicism has to exactly what SDA's truly represent (since many SDA Theologians stray away from true orthodox Christianity.
I do not hold any resentment or bitterness twords those who keep the Seventh day as the Sabbath, I only question those who condemn those who condemn the finished works of Christ on the first day of the week (John 4:34). I also question SDA's on the State of the dead since the evidence in scripture seems to favor the orthodox position.
True some Adventist advocate that the Spirit of Prophecy ( ellen white) are canon to scripture but as a denomination we dont believe that in fact She said herself that her writings are the lesser light leading one the the greater light. Also without a full study on the subject, we believe that soon there will be a national sunday law mandating that Sunday be kept as the sabbath and that no other day will be allowed. If this happens where will you stand, for God s sabbath or for mans. The keeping of Gods law 100% will be the seal of God when put to the test.

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
_Origen said:

Yes, you will meet many Seventh-day Adventists who, to be blunt, are legalists and many who regard the writings of Ellen White as sort of an Adventist "Deuterocanon." That is a sad reality, but that is not how it should be, and that is not what we teach. If individuals, even those among us, have misunderstood what we believe, then don't judge us all by that.

As far as Sunday worship and the mark of the beast, Adventists do teach that laws will someday be enacted to dictate on which day of the week people must worship. (You will find many individual Adventists who do not accept this belief, however. Just look around on our forum, and you will probably notice the controversy over many of these subjects.) Adventists believe that only when this happens, forcing people to choose between following man's laws or God's, will Sunday worship be a sign of rebellion against God. Adventists do not teach that those who worship on Sunday now have received the mark of the beast but rather that those who are trusting in Christ for salvation, regardless of which day they believe is the Sabbath, will remain faithful to God even if they someday have to make a difficult decision. The issue is really one of loyalty to God. Those who know the Shepherd will recognize His voice and follow Him wherever He leads.

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
_Origen said:
I also question SDA's on the State of the dead since the evidence in scripture seems to favor the orthodox position.

You can read a fairly thorough recital of the biblical evidence for our doctrine on death here:
http://www.christianforums.com/t2196368-the-bible-doctrine-concerning-death.html

This explanation was compiled by my husband, Tall73, an Adventist pastor, and it addresses the texts that would seem problematic to our position as well. If you disagree with our belief on this, that's fine, but there is much evidence in Scripture to support it.

Upvote 0

_Origen

Mar 25, 2006
✟185.00
Faith
Christian
jabechler said:
True some Adventist advocate that the Spirit of Prophecy ( ellen white) are canon to scripture but as a denomination we dont believe that in fact She said herself that her writings are the lesser light leading one the the greater light. Also without a full study on the subject, we believe that soon there will be a national sunday law mandating that Sunday be kept as the sabbath and that no other day will be allowed. If this happens where will you stand, for God s sabbath or for mans. The keeping of Gods law 100% will be the seal of God when put to the test.

"He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws..." (Dan.7:25).

This verse is being fulfilled right now through the dark Gnostic priest Dan Brown in Duh Da Vinci Code. I would rather refer to Brown as Daan, consort of Daar (Darwin), consort of Baal. Man! Man! Man!=666! Thats my line of reasoning. I see little or nothing in prophecy indicating that Sunday Christians will force Atheist, agnostics, Wiccians, Gnostics, Hindus, Buddhist, Jews, Satanist, Muslims, and Seventh day Christians etc. to worship on Sunday, the Lord's Day!
To say, for example, that the AntiChrist is the Papacy and that they are the ones the changed the Sabbath to Sunday is to also imply that the mark of the Beast was then and is still now in affect. So all Sunday Christians who never kept the Sabbath are now in judgement of eternal damnation--and why?, because they worshiped on sunday.
Please understand that Sunday keeping churches do not say bad things about Sabbath keepers because they keep the Sabbath. I have never heard a Pastor say, 'Those Sabbath keepers have violated God by not keeping the day of the Sun.' SUNday is indeed an SDA Strawman argument. For (1) The early Christians kept the Lord's Day (i.e.,Sunday) since the Resurrection of Christ happened. (2) The keeping of Sunday represents our lifes as also risen when the Lord returns on His great Day of Justice. So, when Christ rose so did when through His power. We now have the hope of being physically resurrected in our new physical bodies when the Lord returns for the Great Judgement. On that day He will unite our still living souls with a newly formed body (Ecc.12:7)--in a similar way he created Adam & Eve.

Christ finished God's work and therefore it is lawful for Christians to keep either Saturday or Sunday as a Holy day to the Lord (Rom.2:14-15; 14:1-23; Gal.1--6).

And last, Christ cannot be divided in Himself. If Sunday is the mark of eternal death then the Holy Spirit is not the seal for life (Eph.1:13;4:30) and we are still trapped in our sins! Who among you truly keep the Sabbath Decalogue? Do you stone those who break the Sabbath? If you hold the position that Sunday keeping is sin than one would expect that SDA's keep the entire Decalogue like the Jews did.

I wish I had more time to reply to you and others but I don't. Please pray and consider these referenced thoughts.:priest: :preach: :wave: :)

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
_Origen said:
Please understand that Sunday keeping churches do not say bad things about Sabbath keepers because they keep the Sabbath. I have never heard a Pastor say, 'Those Sabbath keepers have violated God by not keeping the day of the Sun.' SUNday is indeed an SDA Strawman argument.

They do indeed say bad things about us. They say that we are denying the grace of God and trying to earn salvation by works. They call us "judaizers." They call our beliefs "heterodox," by which they mean "wrong." They accuse us of belonging to a cult. Just read a couple of threads on the Sabbath in GT (they crop up all the time), and you will see these sorts of comments.

Christ finished God's work and therefore it is lawful for Christians to keep either Saturday or Sunday as a Holy day to the Lord (Rom.2:14-15; 14:1-23; Gal.1--6).

And last, Christ cannot be divided in Himself. If Sunday is the mark of eternal death then the Holy Spirit is not the seal for life (Eph.1:13;4:30) and we are still trapped in our sins! Who among you truly keep the Sabbath Decalogue? Do you stone those who break the Sabbath? If you hold the position that Sunday keeping is sin than one would expect that SDA's keep the entire Decalogue like the Jews did.

I wish I had more time to reply to you and others but I don't. Please pray and consider these referenced thoughts.

If you are trying to convince us that we don't need to keep the Sabbath or that we should keep it as the Jews did or that we should stone those who don't keep it, then this is not the place to do it. If you have a question, fine, but don't debate with us in our own forum and try to prove to us that our strongly held beliefs are wrong. You seem to have many misunderstandings about our beliefs, so I would suggest learning more about them rather than coming here to set forth your strawman arguments and ignoring our explanations.

Upvote 0