✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
of course God can fail.

God cannot be frustrated by anyone or anything.

If I thought that He could be, I wouldn't be able to rest for a moment, because I would never be safe again. He might fail at holding the universe together. I mean, if He can't handle Cain, what's He going to do with an entire solar system?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God cannot be frustrated by anyone or anything.

If I thought that He could be, I wouldn't be able to rest for a moment, because I would never be safe again. He might fail at holding the universe together. I mean, if He can't handle Cain, how's He going to do with an entire solar system?

That ridiculous view doesn't reflect the God of Scripture. In his view, God is not sovereign. That is not the God of the Bible. Thank God that He does not fail.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wisdom is what you do with knowledge. Knowledge is acquired through careful study under teachers appointed by God and gifted by The Spirit to build up the Church.

If you trust in human teachers then you are playing Russian roulette with theology..

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So all people have been made alive in Christ?

So actual reconciliation means simply that all people are now capable of achieving salvation?

I'm curious, by itself, did the actual obedience unto death by Christ save anyone?

Okay, let me see if I follow. Christ's sacrifice made salvation possible for all people but it actually brings life to all mankind and because of Christ, all without exception are now just in their standing before God?

And you take this to mean all people without exception rather than all people who Christ represents?

It means what it says, ALL have been made alive in Christ. ALL are capable of achieving salvation.

How will you use this gift of grace?

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Gods Holy Spirit definitely hasn't given you understanding.. Because you wouldn't deny the clear teachings of His Word, if He did. The free willys who elevate their own will above Gods Sovereign will are being taught by another spirit. The pride of man and his lost sinful condition are natural pelagians and arminians at heart. All are born as such. Free willys teach man centered cooperative works salvation. It is the Spirit that gives life and brings a dead sinner to lay hold upon Christ and His merits. It is the Spirit of God that reveals Gods mercy and Sovereignty in all of creation, including the salvation of sinners. All Gods people saved, are now "Calvinist" at heart. And give all praise and honor to Christ and His mercies for their salvation. But the free willys will always hate that salvation is all of grace (election).. unless perhaps, the Lord may grant them repentance

So you are publicly declaring that i am being guided by another spirit. Not the Holy Spirit...

Do you know what it means if you have got this declaration wrong?

If i have been guided by the Holy Spirit then you have just blasphemed the Holy Spirit and you shall never have forgiveness in this world or the next....

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So basically, God throws out this possibility of salvation, and you meet the necessary conditions to make you worthy of God's grace, and viola...bob's you're uncle.

Got it.
I never said that.... Salvation is by a man believing Jesus and trusting in the Atonement Jesus secured for our salvation... Thats what i believe..

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I doesn't have to say that. It's hyperbole. We all know it when we see it, and we know it because of the mountain of texts which say otherwise. Keep hanging your theology on a misinterpreted verse, though.
Saying it is hyperbolic is a theology to filter it into meaning less than it says.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So why do some choose to believe and some choose to reject?

Some love the truth .. Some love evil.. Read and see why God sends some strong delusions..

2 Thessalonians 2: KJV
7 "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. {8} And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: {9} Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, {10} And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. {11} And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: {12} That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

Boast away young Adstar...

Your attitude is noted and on public display..

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
7.6 billion prayers per day. Or, is it weekly? You do have a lot of time on your hands! (if all always means, everyone, without exception)
No just one prayer is sufficient. God is sufficient to turn one prayer for all humanity into a prayer for each individual. The prayer may be something like "Let your kingdom come and your will be done on Earth". It may be something like "Lord God grant mercy and justice grace and compassion to all men and give to each the gifts and graces that are your determined purpose to give to them." God is able to answer that kind of prayer. The Psalms are full of prayers of similar sorts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Saying it is hyperbolic is a theology to filter it into meaning less than it says.
Let's flesh this out. What evidence is there to support that God desired to save Pharaoh?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No just one prayer is sufficient. God is sufficient to turn one prayer for all humanity into a prayer for each individual. The prayer may be something like "Let your kingdom come and your will be done on Earth". It may be something like "Lord God grant mercy and justice grace and compassion to all men and give to each the gifts and graces that are your determined purpose to give to them." God is able to answer that kind of prayer. The Psalms are full of prayers of similar sorts.
Psalms 5 is a good one.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There was God's patience with Pharaoh and the passage from 1 Timothy 2.
Specifically, what does it say that shows He had patience. I have plenty of verses that show He hardened his heart. But I'll be willing to listen to your view.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalms 5 is a good one.
All of the psalms are instructive.
For the Chief Musician; with the Nehiloth. A Psalm of David.
Give ear to my words, O Jehovah, Consider my meditation.
Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God; For unto thee do I pray.​
O Jehovah, in the morning shalt thou hear my voice; In the morning will I order my prayer unto thee, and will keep watch.
For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: Evil shall not sojourn with thee.​
The arrogant shall not stand in thy sight: Thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Thou wilt destroy them that speak lies: Jehovah abhorreth the blood-thirsty and deceitful man.​
But as for me, in the abundance of thy lovingkindness will I come into thy house: In thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
Lead me, O Jehovah, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; Make thy way straight before my face.​
For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; Their inward part is very wickedness; Their throat is an open sepulchre; They flatter with their tongue.
Hold them guilty, O God; Let them fall by their own counsels; Thrust them out in the multitude of their transgressions; For they have rebelled against thee.​
But let all those that take refuge in thee rejoice, Let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: Let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
For thou wilt bless the righteous; O Jehovah, thou wilt compass him with favor as with a shield.​
Psalms 5:1-12

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Specifically, what does it say that shows He had patience. I have plenty of verses that show He hardened his heart. But I'll be willing to listen to your view.
Do you think they are contradictory? The idea of patience and of hardening a heart? I can't think of a verse that specifically mentions Pharaoh and patience. The ten plagues and the dialogues in them evidence patience with a purpose. Nevertheless the holy scriptures tell of God's patience with sinners until the day for their judgement comes.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Another "grant mercy" psalm. Psalms 10

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Do you think they are contradictory? The idea of patience and of hardening a heart? I can't think of a verse that specifically mentions Pharaoh and patience. The ten plagues and the dialogues in them evidence patience with a purpose. Nevertheless the holy scriptures tell of God's patience with sinners until the day for their judgement comes.
I don't think any of scripture is contradictory. What's contradictory is your understanding of scripture. There's no scripture that supports the idea that God desired Pharaoh to be saved.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Can you find more to speak of mercy? Surely there are many more.
I am sure I can. But my point was to show that the prayers in the psalms aren't for everyone.

Upvote 0