Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
How could anyone possibly have any kind of measuring stick of authenticity that it was really God? Dreams are so loopy and fantastical, you aren’t grounded like you are in your awoken proper state of mind. The reliability is 10 times less certain than if you were extremely drunk.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. 15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; 16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction," Job 33

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you very much.:)

Job 33:14

For some reason I wasn't able to copy it or post it.
I guess then the question now is how to interpret what God is saying in a dream.

If they are from God then He will interpret them...

I am saved because of two dreams.

In one dream I went through this whole scenario of being in the biggest airport I've ever seen, all of humanity seemed to be there trying to get in, and of course in such a situation the lines to get into the airport was at a standstill...

I had luggage with me, and my brother was with me too although he wasn't helpful at all. . and I was late for my flight not expecting the getting to my terminal to be so slow going.

My brother was doing what my real brother always does in real life, accuse me constantly.. it's my fault we were late, I should have been more prepared for this etc etc. Normal jerk...

The longer I stood the heavier my bags became (as you know really happens when carrying something heavy) but because of my desperate need to get into the airport and make my flight, I saw a side door and jumped out of line and went through the side door to get into the airport.

I was lost, the airport was so big I thought I'd never find my terminal, and my brother just wouldn't shut up with the accusations..

The longer this went on trying to find my terminal, the heavier the bags became... and my brother the accusatory idiot wasn't lifting a finger to help.

I tried different floors to find the right terminal first one then another, found what I thought was the right one only to later find it wasn't, but no one who could help direct my path.

I left the wrong terminal and got on the elevator sure now I was going to miss my flight completely, feeling like even if I went directly to my terminal I would still miss my flight because time at this point wasn't on my side.

When I got off the elevator, brother still nagging and my baggage so heavy I thought my arms would fall off, I found a security guard near an information desk and begged him to help me get to the correct terminal.

He was so happy, and friendly.. a peace in the middle of a frustrating storm..

he grabbed my bags from me so I didnt have to carry them any longer, and said sure he would help me get there! I was his people and he would get me directly to my flight..

I was confused by him saying I was his people since he was a different race from me... but I figured he meant fellow countrymen, since we were both Americans.

When I mentioned time was almost out and I'd probably never make it, he said no problem he'd get me there in time... just follow him.

So I did follow, (what a lovely man). And he got me to the plane in time and all seated and buckled in.

Then I woke up. The dream was so vivid, so real... and I couldn't shake feeling this was so important but I didn't understand what it might mean...

I still remember everything about that dream even 6 years later... it was just like living it, and I couldn't shake it from my thoughts, that's how vivid that dream was.

The next night, the Angel of the Lord came to me in a dream, and he sat with me by a stream and explained every single aspect of the dream.. what it meant.

The airport and trying to find the right terminal represented the entrance to heaven, and the sea of humanity trying to get in represented just that.

The people just standing in stalled lines was people happy where they are, in the wrong place.

Me skipping the line, and all my failed efforts at finding the right terminal, represented all my wrong choices trying to find the religion of God, and trying to get into heaven via the wrong path.

My brother represented Satan, constantly accusing...

And my baggage my sin and guilt..

The security guard represented Jesus, that he carried my baggage was His work on the cross.

His race that was not mine represented His Divinity, and that we were both Americans represented our shared humanity.

I spoke with the Angel of God about salvation and Christ's work for a long time, and in the dream I became saved, although I repeated my verbal declaration of faith in Christ's Lordship again when I woke up, as I wasn't sure dream declarations count...

And I've been saved ever since.

I had not been able to understand Christs work of salvation before that night, although many (including my husband) had tried explaining to me many times.

But the reality of that dream, and all that occured during it, it all made perfect sense, and became so real, so internalized that it caused the message of salvation and Christ's sacrifice on the cross to just "click"..

I finally "got it", and was saved.

I absolutely believe in dreams... but they arent a nightly occurrence, and God WILL provide the interpretation without question, if that dream was His way of communicating something to you.

I also don't think prophecy is foretelling though... I think the prophetic spirit is a teacher, leading us into a relationship with Christ..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

In one dream I went through this whole scenario of being in the biggest airport I've ever seen, all of humanity seemed to be there trying to get in, and of course in such a situation the lines to get into the airport was at a standstill...

I had luggage with me, and my brother was with me too although he wasn't helpful at all. . and I was late for my flight not expecting the getting to my terminal to be so slow going.

My brother was doing what my real brother always does in real life, accuse me constantly.. it's my fault we were late, I should have been more prepared for this etc etc. Normal jerk...

The longer I stood the heavier my bags became (as you know really happens when carrying something heavy) but because of my desperate need to get into the airport and make my flight, I saw a side door and jumped out of line and went through the side door to get into the airport.

I was lost, the airport was so big I thought I'd never find my terminal, and my brother just wouldn't shut up with the accusations..

The longer this went on trying to find my terminal, the heavier the bags became... and my brother the accusatory idiot wasn't lifting a finger to help.

I tried different floors to find the right terminal first one then another, found what I thought was the right one only to later find it wasn't, but no one who could help direct my path.

I left the wrong terminal and got on the elevator sure now I was going to miss my flight completely, feeling like even if I went directly to my terminal I would still miss my flight because time at this point wasn't on my side.

When I got off the elevator, brother still nagging and my baggage so heavy I thought my arms would fall off, I found a security guard near an information desk and begged him to help me get to the correct terminal.

he grabbed my bags from me so I didnt have to carry them any longer, and said sure he would help me get there! I was his people and he would get me directly to my flight..

I was confused by him saying I was his people since he was a different race from me... but I figured he meant fellow countrymen, since we were both Americans.

When I mentioned time was almost out and I'd probably never make it, he said no problem he'd get me there in time... just follow him.

So I did follow, (what a lovely man). And he got me to the plane in time and all seated and buckled in.

Then I woke up. The dream was so vivid, so real... and I couldn't shake feeling this was so important but I didn't understand what it might mean...

I still remember everything about that dream even 6 years later... it was just like living it, and I couldn't shake it from my thoughts, that's how vivid that dream was.

The next night, the Angel of the Lord came to me in a dream, and he sat with me by a stream and explained every single aspect of the dream.. what it meant.

The airport and trying to find the right terminal represented heaven, and the sea of humanity trying to get in represented just that.

The people just standing in stalled lines was people happy where they are, in the wrong place.

Me skipping the line, and all my failed efforts at finding the right terminal, represented all my wrong choices trying to find the religion of God, and trying to get into heaven via the wrong path.

The security guard represented Jesus, that he carried my baggage was His work on the cross.

His race that was not mine represented His Divinity, and that we were both Americans represented our shared humanity.

I spoke with the Angel of God about salvation and Christ's work for a long time, and in the dream I became saved, although I repeated my verbal declaration of faith in Christ's Lordship again when I woke up, as I wasn't sure dream declarations count...

I had not been able to understand Christs work of salvation before that night, although many (including my husband) had tried explaining to me many times.

But the reality of that dream, and all that occured during it, it all made perfect sense, and became so real, so internalized that it caused the message of salvation and Christ's sacrifice on the cross to just "click"..

I absolutely believe in dreams... but they arent a nightly occurrence, and God WILL provide the interpretation without question, if that dream was His way of communicating something to you.

I also don't think prophecy is foretelling though... I think the prophetic spirit is a teacher, leading us into a relationship with Christ..

Wow,What a testimony.I love this story.

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged

The airport and trying to find the right terminal represented heaven, and the sea of humanity trying to get in represented just that.

I am definitely not one to object to an extraordinary occurrence in a person’s life as God confirming to you that “I Am Real!” Perhaps my tune would change if I ever had a very surreal dream that was crystal clear and that was very much distinct & special from any other dream that I’ve had. But what I had in mind during my last post was mainly how people are nearly interpreting every single dream that they have. More along the lines of “I had waffles in my dream this time so I know that God is trying to tell me ABC”

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am definitely not one to object to an extraordinary occurrence in a person’s life as God confirming to you that “I Am Real!” Perhaps my tune would change if I ever had a very surreal dream that was crystal clear and that was very much distinct & special from any other dream that I’ve had. But what I had in mind during my last post was mainly how people are nearly interpreting every single dream that they have. More along the lines of “I had waffles in my dream this time so I know that God is trying to tell me ABC”

I think people who do that are doing a lot of wishful thinking myself... their freind said they had a "prophetic dream" so they had to have one too... keeping up with the Jones's and the like.

I think a lot of them go pretty far off track of Christianity in interpreting their dreams too. I see that type as more "new age" than Christian.

Upvote 0

George95

CF Tech Master
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
✟1,397,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
7UvJN6G.png

MOD HAT ON

This thread has been moved from The Junk Drawer to Sign Gifts.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well then, even if he does talk to a person in their dreams it doesn't matter and there is no use trying to figure it out as there is no one that can tell you what it meant.
Thanks for all the input everyone.;)

Well, you are supposed to pray for interpretation for sure, but God gave everyone different gifts and talents. Like some people can play the piano and guitar. Some can sing. I would love to play the piano like some friends I know, because I love to sing, but I took four years of it and still can only play simple cords and things. But you get better the more you practice and the more you listen to mentors.

I think dreams are the same way. Some are interpreters and some receive dreams. Some have them both. God does this, so we don't get too cocky. Because it is about Him. I can interpret a little better, but I receive a lot of dreams. And Id rather receive them most of the time. I listen, learn, and pray.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
or do you believe your dreams are prophetic? Is any of it biblical?

I'm a close friend of Mayflower and have been interpreting dreams for several years. With all due respect to the other posters, the responses of Tturt, Francis Drake and Mayflower are the ones to take more into consideration because they have actually been used of God in dreams and visions, and you want the opinions of people with experience rather than simply going on theory, or what one thinks they know from scripture.

Is there a dream you had personally which you were wondering about, or are you just curious about the subject?

God bless,
Hidden

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I've had many dreams that really are more like visions. It's been happening for years, I've spoken about them here before. That's it, it happens. To others it doesn't happen, maybe it will one day. Mine generally prove themselves out in real life or in scripture. Nuf said, can't help nay sayers opinions. To be clear, these when they happen are not like my normal dreams.

I've had visions awake too. I've seen confirmations of things God in creation as well. He interacts heavily with creation for us to see. If you doubt these things you're seriously missing a treasure in your walk. Sorry about that but we don't have anything to prove to you guys. If any of this ever happens to you it won't be mistaken for just wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, I don't need any help with my dreams and I would never use any interpreter other than God. I just noticed some people put a lot of stock in their dreams. I have dreams every night. Never a night without them.
I also have night terrors. I could do without them.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I don't need any help with my dreams and I would never use any interpreter other than God. I just noticed some people put a lot of stock in their dreams. I have dreams every night. Never a night without them.
I also have night terrors. I could do without them.

I could offer you some advice here, but you sound like you may be against receiving any help or advice.

But no problems. I wish you the very best with the interpretation of your dreams.

God bless,
In Christ Jesus,
Hidden In Him

Upvote 0

2nd_Birth

Sep 8, 2020
Bracknell
✟9,047.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've had many dreams that really are more like visions. It's been happening for years, I've spoken about them here before. That's it, it happens. To others it doesn't happen, maybe it will one day. Mine generally prove themselves out in real life or in scripture. Nuf said, can't help nay sayers opinions. To be clear, these when they happen are not like my normal dreams.

I've had visions awake too. I've seen confirmations of things God in creation as well. He interacts heavily with creation for us to see. If you doubt these things you're seriously missing a treasure in your walk. Sorry about that but we don't have anything to prove to you guys. If any of this ever happens to you it won't be mistaken for just wishful thinking.

Hi there,
I know that the Lord speaks to me through dreams. It doesn't happen very often but it always matches scripture. Scripture that at the time of the dream I may not always have been aware of. Such as before I was born again I was sent a dream. Here is a video I made about it. I hope it's okay to paste it here, if not I can delete it and explain in writing. I made this testimony video about 5 months after being born again at home when I didn't know about Jesus being t "the door", "the light of the world" etc.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,
I know that the Lord speaks to me through dreams. It doesn't happen very often but it always matches scripture. Scripture that at the time of the dream I may not always have been aware of. Such as before I was born again I was sent a dream. Here is a video I made about it. I hope it's okay to paste it here, if not I can delete it and explain in writing. I made this testimony video about 5 months after being born again at home when I didn't know about Jesus being t "the door", "the light of the world" etc.

Blessings in Christ!

I hope you have good fortune finding a church you like in the UK.

For future reference, the music in the background is a nice touch, keeps things from being too lifeless. But you might want to turn the volume down on the music a little or the volume on your voice up. When you get into your explanation, your British accent gets harder to make out for us Yanks, Lol.

But from what I can make out (the dream part), sounds like a genuine dream from God, especially given the effect it had on your life. Many Muslims have had dreams about the Lord that changed their lives as well. Sometimes it is the only way He can reach people.

God bless! And welcome again to Christian Forums.
- H

Reactions: 2nd_Birth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2nd_Birth

Sep 8, 2020
Bracknell
✟9,047.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Blessings to you too :)

I still don't have a church. It's been good though as it's forced me to seek the Holy Spirit to teach me rather than just aligning with man-made doctrinal systems.

Thanks for letting me know about the music volume, someone else mentioned that too, also an American funilly enough. I think I'll remake this video as I've learned a bit more about video editting now.

Yeah, it's how I know the Lord uses dreams as I wasn't religious but when I read the bible afterwards I was blown away about what He had shown me in the dream. The dream was the day before me being born again at home and being transformed by the Holy Spirit. I think that's what many don't realise. Christianity isn't about being an expert in scripture. Real Christianity is supernatural. I think it was Leonard Ravenhill that said Christianity is either Supernatural or it's superficial.

It's going to be nice to discuss these things and hear about other's experiences.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
or do you believe your dreams are prophetic? Is any of it biblical?
I do believe God has spoken to me in dreams. That's not saying every dream is from God. Most are just my own brain jumping from one thing to another.

Upvote 0

2nd_Birth

Sep 8, 2020
Bracknell
✟9,047.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know God never changes. So when dreams don't tie up with scripture it causes me to question if they are from the Lord. I'm not a fan of these Youtube channels I see where the whole thing is about dream after dream. But just because some are decieved doesn't mean the Lord doesn't use dreams to guide us. I know when it comes from the Lord it is not like a normal dream, it is vivid and sticks in my mind. Like someone mentioned earlier on here. I've also had it where I've woken up with a word right at the front of my mind.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessings to you too :)

I still don't have a church. It's been good though as it's forced me to seek the Holy Spirit to teach me rather than just aligning with man-made doctrinal systems.

Amen! That's a very good attitude, one that will get you through. I've talked to several others in the UK, and finding a good church isn't always easy. Not always easy anywhere anymore really.
Thanks for letting me know about the music volume, someone else mentioned that too, also an American funilly enough. I think I'll remake this video as I've learned a bit more about video editting now.

:oldthumbsup:
Yeah, it's how I know the Lord uses dreams as I wasn't religious but when I read the bible afterwards I was blown away about what He had shown me in the dream. The dream was the day before me being born again at home and being transformed by the Holy Spirit. I think that's what many don't realise. Christianity isn't about being an expert in scripture. Real Christianity is supernatural. I think it was Leonard Ravenhill that said Christianity is either Supernatural or it's superficial.

Absolutely, LoL. Now don't be surprised if you run into some believers that will try to tell you otherwise. Not that they don't mean you well necessarily, just that there are many who have been taught to be very leery of dreams and visions, or the gifts of the Spirit for our time.

I am not one of them, and that's a very good quote.
It's going to be nice to discuss these things and hear about other's experiences.

Yes. You will find some who are very receptive. :)

God bless.

Btw, when interacting on the forums, it is easier to know who you are responding to if you run your cursor over the sentences you are responding to and then lift. The sentences should blue up and then a little black box will appear that says, "Reply." Click that, and the quote will show up in your comment box, and then all you have to do is write in your response.

Just a heads up. ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: 2nd_Birth
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know God never changes. So when dreams don't tie up with scripture it causes me to question if they are from the Lord. I'm not a fan of these Youtube channels I see where the whole thing is about dream after dream. But just because some are decieved doesn't mean the Lord doesn't use dreams to guide us. I know when it comes from the Lord it is not like a normal dream, it is vivid and sticks in my mind. Like someone mentioned earlier on here. I've also had it where I've woken up with a word right at the front of my mind.

The flesh can throw dreams WAY off, even in a very spiritually mature believer. According to my wife, I've been yelling and shouting and upset in my dreams quite a bit lately - dreams I don't even remember - but I know the reason why. I've allowed caffeine to build up in my system, and that always turns me into a bit of a monster. I lose my temper much easier, but it's just because my body is chemically out of whack, and it is effecting me in sleep just like when I am awake.

Same goes for the hormones. Healthy young men who have not found release in awhile will inevitably have their dreams start turning sexual. It's not the Lord, Lol. It's their anatomy getting in the middle of things. I think that's one of the reasons why it says in Joel that He will give young men visions and old men dreams. The young men need things imprinted directly on the mind, because their dreams may be subject to a bit of "interference" as we say, Lol.

Upvote 0