Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
or do you believe your dreams are prophetic? Is any of it biblical?
Dream researchers postulate that dreams are the street sweeper of the mind cleaning out scraps of ideas. This explains all dreams I have ever had.

When test subjects are woken up so they never experience dream sleep, they lose the ability to function the longer the experiment.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dream researchers postulate that dreams are the street sweeper of the mind cleaning out scraps of ideas. This explains all dreams I have ever had.

When test subjects are woken up so they never experience dream sleep, they lose the ability to function the longer the experiment.
And so do you have a personal answer to this question?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
God never speaks through night time dreams.
Many people believe that he does and that they can get guidance as in prophetic guidance from their dreams. I do not nor do I think it is biblical but I would like to know if it is somewhere in the bible.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes God speaks in dreams. There's about 20 dreams in Scripture. There are examples of folks dreaming about their situation such as Abimelech in Gen 20, Jacob and Laban in Gen 31, Joseph in Matt 1 and Pontius Pilate's wife in Matt 27. OT, NT

Here's a couple of examples when God's interpretation was given to someone other than the dreamer.

"And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I have dreamed a dream, and there is none that can interpret it: and I have heard say of thee, that thou canst understand a dream to interpret it"...."And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace"...."And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this,.." Gen 41

In this account, the king couldnt recall the dream but knew it was important. So he demanded the dream and its interpretation. ''The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill." ..."Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.. "In the presence of the king....."But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;..." Dan 2

Plus dreams and visions are promised to us. "it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" Acts 2 NT

Everything God does has a purpose. Not every dream is from Him. But instead of deciding on our own, think it would be wiser to asks Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you very much.:)

Job 33:14

For some reason I wasn't able to copy it or post it.
I guess then the question now is how to interpret what God is saying in a dream.

Scripture says yes but that doesn't help in identifying or interpreting them.

God does not speak to people in dreams. As a useful rule of thumb.
In scripture, it is said that the dreams that did occur were undecipherable without God sent translators. No chat forum stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well then, even if he does talk to a person in their dreams it doesn't matter and there is no use trying to figure it out as there is no one that can tell you what it meant.
Thanks for all the input everyone.;)

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I never dream but once as a little kid I forgot to pray before bed,and dreamt the devil was chasing me on a bike. Could that be a dream from the Lord reminding me to pray? Ive always thought so.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Gen - 10 dreams in Gen-"But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife." 20:3
-Jacob "And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. 13 And, behold, the Lord stood above it, and said, I am the Lord God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;" Gen 28
-"And the angel of God spake unto me in a dream, saying, Jacob: And I said, Here am I." God told himto return to his homeland. Gen 31
-"And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dream by night, and said unto him, Take heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad." Gen 31
- Gen 37 Joseph dreamed dreams about sheaves and stars which came to pass Gen 42 and 50
- Gen 40 "And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you." Joseph told the butler and baker the interpretation of their dreams Fulfilled in Gen 40
- Gen 41 details of Pharaoh's dreams about cows and stalks of corn. "And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace." Fulfilled Gen 41

-Num 12:6; Deu 13;:1-5; I Sam 28:6, 15; Job 33:14-16: Jer 23:28, 32: Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17

- Judges 7 Gideon overheard 2 guys talking about a cake of barley bread dream and its interpretation. that he would win the impending battle. Fulfilled Judges 7- 8
- - I Kings 3 "...the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee."
- Dan 1 God gave ... Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.
Dan 2 - 3 Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams "Then Daniel went in, and desired of the king that he would give him time, and that he would shew the king the interpretation. "Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven." God told Daniel the dream - it was the statue dream and its interpretation.
- Dan 4 - "This is the interpretation, O king, and this is the decree of the most High, which is come upon my lord the king:" Nebuchadnezzar's dream about a tree He didnt give credit to God for his success and claimed it for himself. Fulfilled Dan 4
- Dan 7 - Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed about 4 great beasts representing the kingdoms

- Matt 1 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost." Matt 1:20
- Matt 2 dreams A-The wise men being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, departed another way B-"...the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt" Avoided slaughter C - Again "...an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel..." D Again Joseph "And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel. But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee: And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth..."
- Matt 27 Pilate's wife "...his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I have had many dreams over many decades from the Lord which have proven revelatory.
Scripture shows a long history of God speaking through dreams, and a promise that such dreams will continue to happen in the future.
Obviously that does not mean all dreams are from the Lord, but if our starting premise is that God doesn't speak through dreams, then we will never hear him when he does.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I never dream but once as a little kid I forgot to pray before bed,and dreamt the devil was chasing me on a bike. Could that be a dream from the Lord reminding me to pray? Ive always thought so.
That's a good question. If it reminded you to pray then its a good thing.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That s when we asks God for the interpretation. Or if someone else believes they've been given the interpretation, then we asks God for discernment.

"But God now unveils these profound realities to us by the Spirit. Yes, he has revealed to us his inmost heart and deepest mysteries through the Holy Spirit, who constantly explores all things." I Cor 2:10

Usually it's a good idea to write the dream adding as many details as we can recall. Note how the dream affected us. If it was upsetting, we need God's peace. Then pray while reading the dream. Resouces are Scripture and Bible dictionaries. Even though details are important, what is the focus overall.

Upvote 0