• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Does God really choose people for success and leave others to suffer

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,758.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe that God had any preconceived idea about who was going to be chosen and who was to be left on the outer. People make decisions about what they believe and how they decide to live. Also, out of all the millions of people living in each generation, there is a thread of those who featured in the history of Israel. We have Abraham - Isaac- Jacob - the 12 sons of Jacob who was renamed Israel - Moses - Joshua - and so on, right up to Jesus. I am willing to believe that there were many others who believed in, loved and had faith in God, but they do not feature in the prominent ones who are mentioned in the Bible. It was the same in Acts where Peter, John and James were mentioned, but the other 9 Apostles are never heard of again in the account, yet they would have served the Lord just as effectively, like Thomas who established his mission in India and the region where he went, 45% of the population there are still Christian.

I believe that a more positive decision concerning Esau might have resulted if he had made different decisions, in the same way that Cain would have avoided banishment if he had decided to have a true heart toward God and did what God told him to do when his offering was not accepted in the same way as Abel's was.

God dealt with people in the Bible according to the lives they lived and the decisions they made. But just because some were chosen to be in the mainstream thread of His plan for the nation of Israel and bringing Jesus into the world doesn't mean that many others were not loved in their particular service for God.

There are prominent ministries that are well known for their service for God around the world, but there are thousands of other ministries, itinerate and in local churches that we know nothing about. But all these ministries are in God. It is just that God, in His providence, decides that some ministries should be well known and prominent. Just because someone is not the pastor or an elder of the church they are not doing as effective and powerful service for the Lord.

Saul could have been a great king, loyal to God, but he made wrong decisions and lost his kingdom. It was not what God intended, but God had to go to plan B and anoint David who made the right decisions and became that powerful kind. Eli's priesthood would have lasted for many generations, but because of wrong decisions, he lost it, and Samuel became the prominent figure. God did not choose the nation of Israel to fail and be defeated. That was the result of their decisions.

So God does not arbitrarily decide who is on the inner and who is left out. He just chooses the best person for the job at the time, and those who miss out are guided into less prominent ministries and service.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gotta love all the assumptions around here. The initial question had to do with divine electing love. There is no jealousy or anger. I simply want to find out why I am doomed too be alone the rest off my life? Meaning why did God allow the circumstances for my ex-wife to cheat on me and now I'm alone and no one woman will ever want anything to drop with me. I don't need any crap from anyone as I get that enough. It's as simple question

You are hurting ... from your divorce and many other things.

Give God time to heal your heart ... and to bring new blessings into your life.

God doesn't reject anyone who comes to Him.

John 6

35 Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But you haven’t believed in me even though you have seen me. 37 However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them.

He has more for you in this life.

Pray that God will heal you ...lead you you into His blessings for you ...

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Malachi 1:2, 3 seems to be that the Lord "preferred" Jacob and his descendants and "rejected" his brother Esau and his offspring. Why did He do this? The apostle Paul refers to this passage as an example of divine electing love (Romans 9:13). Does this mean that no matter what one does God simply rejects them?

Did you read the full story of Esau and Jacob.. How Esau Sold his birthright for a pot of food? He did not value His inheritance until he lost it..

Upvote 0