Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Of course not. But there are some 23000 other verses in the scripture. And there are numerous that indicate that He chooses to not see, know, or remember some things.
So you mean to say Bible contradicts itself? That is, does God speak contradictorily?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
You are not christian?

I have been a Christian for over 75 years. My understandings may differ from yours. I could well ask if you were a Christian but the rules of this forum do not permit us to question anyone's Christianity.

• Agree
Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you mean to say Bible contradicts itself? That is, does God speak contradictorily?
I guess I would ask you the same thing. That line of questioning is fruitless.

• Agree
Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I guess I would ask you the same thing. That line of questioning is fruitless.
Romans 9:18: "Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth."
Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

I gave biblical evidence to show God's will precedes His act of mercy, love.
Similarly, I gave evidence to show God knows everything exhaustively and certainly.

You appear to say God contradicts His word but have you given any evidence?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I have been a Christian for over 75 years. My understandings may differ from yours. I could well ask if you were a Christian but the rules of this forum do not permit us to question anyone's Christianity.

You wrote, "My understandings are not necessarily Biblical". The issue isn't differences in understanding but my question is, don't Christians get their understandings necessarily from the Bible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
You wrote, "My understandings are not necessarily Biblical". The issue isn't differences in understanding but my question is, don't Christians get their understandings necessarily from the Bible?

The Bible is not the sole source of information or wisdom.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
@ JIMINZ,
(God does not send destructive Weather patterns in Retribution on Cities, and it isn't like Satan sent a storm to destroy things.)

Sodom & Gomorrah testify to the contrary, and the world flood compounds your understanding.

First let me say, I failed to say, God doesn't deal with Societies today the same way as He did in the Old Testament.

With that being understood, I do not look at what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah as "A Destructive Weather Pattern sent by God in Retribution."

I look at it as a Judgement upon those Cities by God because of their sin.
The Angels which were sent were the ones who called down Judgement upon them, does the same happen with Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Blizzards?

I don't think so.

The destruction of these Cities wasn't brought about by the Weather, and don't fit the criteria of what Weather is.

As far as the World Wide Flood, that was a Supernatural event which has never happened again, albeit it was a Rain for 40 days and nights, but not really a WEATHER PATTERN was it?

The event was Prophesied.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
First let me say, I failed to say, God doesn't deal with Societies today the same way as He did in the Old Testament.

With that being understood, I do not look at what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah as "A Destructive Weather Pattern sent by God in Retribution."

I look at it as a Judgement upon those Cities by God because of their sin.
The Angels which were sent were the ones who called down Judgement upon them, does the same happen with Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Blizzards?

I don't think so.

The destruction of these Cities wasn't brought about by the Weather, and don't fit the criteria of what Weather is.

As far as the World Wide Flood, that was a Supernatural event which has never happened again, albeit it was a Rain for 40 days and nights, but not really a WEATHER PATTERN was it?

The event was Prophesied.
Galatians 3:22
22 But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.

The power called sin makes people transgress the law. Romans 7:20. Doesn't it?

Humans didn't lock themselves up under the power called sin. Galatians 3: 22. God did. Didn't He?

So natural calamities happen by God's plan made in Lord Jesus. Psalms 135: 6. Isn't it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums