✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The question is -----are you serious?

Faith as it apples to God and Jesus Christ. Hebrews is in the Bible, right? Wouldn't' that be on Faith is what they are looking for--these so-called flat earthers? Guess like Mormons they will be claiming it is true without proof that IT IS true.

You never witnessed Joseph Smith and the angel Moroni giving him the golden plates but you have Faith that happened , right?
Maybe Joseph Smith is just a myth, yet you believe he was a man on Faith.
God has truth--you do not get to tell Him was is true.

Mark 12:32
So the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He.

One God or many--- as Mormons want to believe in?
For us there is one God, the Father and one Lord, Jesus Christ:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 8:6)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The question is -----are you serious?

Faith as it apples to God and Jesus Christ. Hebrews is in the Bible, right? Wouldn't' that be on Faith is what they are looking for--these so-called flat earthers? Guess like Mormons they will be claiming it is true without proof that IT IS true.

You never witnessed Joseph Smith and the angel Moroni giving him the golden plates but you have Faith that happened , right?
Maybe Joseph Smith is just a myth, yet you believe he was a man on Faith.
God has truth--you do not get to tell Him was is true.

So the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He.

One God or many--- as Mormons want to believe in?
You said: "You never witnessed Joseph Smith and the angel Moroni giving him the golden plates but you have Faith that happened , right?"

Yes I do. Do you remember what Jesus told Thomas:

(New Testament | John 20:29)

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You said: "You never witnessed Joseph Smith and the angel Moroni giving him the golden plates but you have Faith that happened , right?"

Yes I do. Do you remember what Jesus told Thomas:

(New Testament | John 20:29)

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

You miss the point--you said you knew it was true. Which far different that Believe it to be true.

Which contradict this wonderful example from youf fictitious BoM.

(Book of Mormon | Alma 32:21)

21 And now as I said concerning faith—faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true

What are you going to do if heaven is not what you think it is? Search around for eternity, looking for Joe Smith's version of heaven?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For us there is one God, the Father and one Lord, Jesus Christ:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 8:6)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

So what do you do with this verse:

and put it together with this verse?

Genesis 3:9
Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”

Now somewhere you took away Christ's Divinity to be Lord or God and you Mormons do nothing more than a "switch and bait" to do that to the unwary potential convert

Besides, Thomas said this to Jesus Christ

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God"
OR

Hebrews 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

And even:

1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

Who is God or Lord, when----- in the theology of Mormons?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You miss the point--you said you knew it was true. Which far different that Believe it to be true.

Which contradict this wonderful example from youf fictitious BoM.

(Book of Mormon | Alma 32:21)

21 And now as I said concerning faith—faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true

What are you going to do if heaven is not what you think it is? Search around for eternity, looking for Joe Smith's version of heaven?
I know that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is Christ's true church because it was proven to me. I do not know what the kingdom of God is like, but having read over 50 NDE books I have pretty good idea what the spirit world is like. I also know that the Book of Mormon is not fictitious. More evidense of the Book of Mormon is coming forth all the time.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is Christ's true church because it was proven to me. I do not know what the kingdom of God is like, but having read over 50 NDE books I have pretty good idea what the spirit world is like. I also know that the Book of Mormon is not fictitious. More evidense of the Book of Mormon is coming forth all the time.

No you believe it all to be true.----Just like you believe Thomas's account.

Your knowing is all really a matter of faith.
That is one way in which you can confuse a convert with your testimony and "suck him in."

Do You forget I was a Mormon for 40 years and do not know how it all works?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
So what do you do with this verse:

and put it together with this verse?

Genesis 3:9
Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”

Now somewhere you took away Christ's Divinity to be Lord or God and you Mormons do nothing more than a "switch and bait" to do that to the unwary potential convert

Besides, Thomas said this to Jesus Christ

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God"
OR

Hebrews 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

And even:

1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

Who is God or Lord, when----- in the theology of Mormons?
As I have shown, God the Father is our God and Father also Christ's God and Father. I didn't say that Jesus Christ was not a God, He is the Lord God. He is also our brother:

(New Testament | John 20:17)

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

(New Testament | Matthew 23:8 - 10)

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I have shown, God the Father is our God and Father also Christ's God and Father. I didn't say that Jesus Christ was not a God, He is the Lord God. He is also our brother:

(New Testament | John 20:17)

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

(New Testament | Matthew 23:8 - 10)

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

If Jesus is the Lord God or another God altogether how do you explain this?

Deuteronomy 6:4
“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!

At some time you have to inventory your Gods or Lords and seperate and identify them.

but then, when you do that it goes against the ONE God or ONE Lord designation.

I think you are confusing the term "Father" to be that one God
Two entirely different designations.

Like I say who is the one God or Lord, when?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No you believe it all to be true.----Just like you believe Thomas's account.

Your knowing is all really a matter of faith.
That is one way in which you can confuse a convert with your testimony and "suck him in."

Do You forget I was a Mormon for 40 years and do not know how it all works?
Through diligence and faith it was proven to Joseph Smith as it was also proven to me also. I am not asking you to believe it. You are free to believe whatever you want to believe. But as for me, I know. There are many who believe and some who have proof and know for a fact. I am one of the ones who have proof.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Through diligence and faith it was proven to Joseph Smith as it was also proven to me also. I am not asking you to believe it. You are free to believe whatever you want to believe. But as for me, I know. There are many who believe and some who have proof and know for a fact. I am one of the ones who have proof.

But as for me, I know.---He is the way

You say you know, but you really do not.
The clear term to use in that sentence is: I believe that I know.

Always seem to always leave out that qualifier.

Why should the rest of us only have to believe whether the Church is true when you say: I know it is true?

I am relatively sure you do not know what you Mormons are doing

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus is the Lord God or another God altogether how do you explain this?

At some time you have to inventory your Gods or Lords and seperate and identify them.

but then, when you do that it goes against the ONE God or ONE Lord designation.

Like I say who is the one God or Lord, when?
There is one God (plural) in perfection as Jesus Christ has shown to us:

(New Testament | John 17:21 - 23)

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

We can also become HOLY:

(New Testament | Hebrews 12:10)

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
But as for me, I know.---He is the way

You say you know, but you really do not.
The clear term to use in that sentence is: I believe that I know.

Always seem to leave out that qualifier.
Yes I do know because I have proof.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is one God (plural) in perfection as Jesus Christ has shown to us:

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

We can also become HOLY:

(New Testament | Hebrews 12:10)

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Where is this statement pointed out in that verse?

There is one God (plural) in perfection as Jesus Christ has shown to us:---He is the way

Gee, to me One always Means ONE---not two or three.

I can point out the errors in you other verses as well, but let us just start with your statement at first..

When is one plural?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a statement in futility.

Futility on your part?
I am glad we agree.

For me I look at it with simple logic because someone that has not seen something has to arrive at it's existence by faith. But you get ahead of yourself by saying you know it to be true, even though you still cannot see it.

You cannot see air for instance--but you have to have faith that that non-seeable air is always there for your lungs, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

Where is this statement pointed out in that verse?

There is one God (plural) in perfection as Jesus Christ has shown to us:---He is the way

Gee, to me One always Means ONE---not two or three.

I can point out the errors in you other verses as well, but let us just start with your statement at first..

When is one plural?
You said: "When is one plural?"

(Old Testament | Genesis 1:26)

26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Futility on your part?
I am glad we agree.

For me I look at it with simple logic because someone that has not seen something has to arrive at it by faith. But you get ahead of yourself by saying you know it to be true, even though you still cannot see it.
It is a statement in futility because we will not agree.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is a statement in futility because we will not agree.
If it is futility, why do you keep responding back?

And I might add:Without looking at the very basic logic I present?

Upvote 0