Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Christians are not perverted murderers and rapists. That's absurd! And we follow Christ, not Joseph Smith!

2 Corinthians 5
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

There are members of Christians churches that are murderers and rapists. There are bad people in every denomination that have a million or more members, and most or perhaps all of the denominations with fewer members. The tares are mixed with the wheat:

(New Testament | Matthew 13:25 - 30)

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Christians are not perverted murderers and rapists. That's absurd! And we follow Christ, not Joseph Smith!

2 Corinthians 5
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

You said: "And we follow Christ, not Joseph Smith!"

Those who will not listen to God's prophets will be in trouble:

(New Testament | Luke 16:27 - 31)

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is not obligated to save every sinner. And Mormons only save the ones that they think earned eternal life as taught by Joseph Smith.

Jesus doesn't give dead faith to anyone. All God's gifts are good and perfect. The wages of sin earned by men are death.

Oh, no! Some don't save themselves even in Mormonism.

D&C 132:3–6. “If Ye Abide Not That Covenant, Then Are Ye Damned”

The “new and everlasting covenant” (D&C 132:4) is the covenant of celestial marriage, as President Spencer W. Kimball stated: “Though relatively few people in this world understand it, the new and everlasting covenant is the marriage ordinance in the holy temple by the properly constituted leaders who hold the genuine, authoritative keys. This glorious blessing is available to men and women on this earth.” (“Temples and Eternal Marriage,” Ensign, Aug. 1974, p. 5.)

One can sense the importance of accepting the covenant from the number of times the Lord repeats this warning:

“All who have this law revealed unto them must obey the same” (D&C 132:3).

“If ye abide not that covenant, then are ye damned” (v. 4).

“No one can reject this covenant and … enter into my glory” (v. 4).

“All who will have a blessing at my hands shall abide the law” (v. 5).

“He that receiveth a fulness [of my glory] must and shall abide the law” (v. 6).
Section 132, Marriage: An Eternal Covenant

In Mormonism there is no mercy for law breakers.

Alma said: “Do ye suppose that mercy can rob justice? I say unto you, Nay; not one whit. If so, God would cease to be God” (
Alma 42:25).
You said: "In Mormonism there is no mercy for law breakers."

Correction there is mercy for sinners who don't know any better:

(New Testament | Luke 23:34)

34 ¶ Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.........

(New Testament | John 9:31)

31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

(New Testament | James 4:17)

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

(New Testament | Hebrews 10:26)

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is not obligated to save every sinner. And Mormons only save the ones that they think earned eternal life as taught by Joseph Smith.

Jesus doesn't give dead faith to anyone. All God's gifts are good and perfect. The wages of sin earned by men are death.

The “new and everlasting covenant” (D&C 132:4) is the covenant of celestial marriage, as President Spencer W. Kimball stated: “Though relatively few people in this world understand it, the new and everlasting covenant is the marriage ordinance in the holy temple by the properly constituted leaders who hold the genuine, authoritative keys. This glorious blessing is available to men and women on this earth.” (“Temples and Eternal Marriage,” Ensign, Aug. 1974, p. 5.)

One can sense the importance of accepting the covenant from the number of times the Lord repeats this warning:

“He that receiveth a fulness [of my glory] must and shall abide the law” (v. 6).

Alma said: “Do ye suppose that mercy can rob justice? I say unto you, Nay; not one whit. If so, God would cease to be God” (
You are right, Jesus is not obligated to save every sinner.

Every person will have their chance to believe in Jesus. Those who do will be saved. Those who don't will not be saved. Right?

It is easy to see who has a belief in Jesus. Those who love him, have faith to do those things that he has before ordained for them to do. These are true believers and will be saved. Fall short of this definition and you will not be saved. Simple and sublime.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

2 Corinthians 5

I did not say that Christians are perverted murderers and rapists. I said that a perverted murderer and rapist will not be saved no matter how many times they say they believe in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

You are right again, nobody can save themselves, not even as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You are right, Jesus is not obligated to save every sinner.

Every person will have their chance to believe in Jesus. Those who do will be saved. Those who don't will not be saved. Right?

And everyone on earth is given the desire to obey God, right? WRONG!

It is easy to see who has a belief in Jesus. Those who love him, have faith to do those things that he has before ordained for them to do.

You don't know which or how many works God has ordained for each individual. Temple marriage and and leading people into Mormonism aren't ordained for any Christians to do.

"Here take this road --- it is the way!"

This Church is the ensign on the mountain spoken of by the Old Testament prophets. It is the way, the truth, and the life. "
Marion G. Romney, Conference Report, April, 1961, p. 119

These are true believers and will be saved. Fall short of this definition and you will not be saved. Simple and sublime.

True believers are directed by the TRUE GOD! Fall short of following the TRUE GOD and you've taken the WRONG WAY!

I'm sorry that you don't understand.

The Way, the Truth, and the Life
John 14
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith unto him,
I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You are right again, nobody can save themselves, not even as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ.

Your scripture says:

D&C 132

You've already said:
It is easy to see who has a belief in Jesus. Those who love him, have faith to do those things that he has before ordained for them to do. These are true believers and will be saved. Fall short of this definition and you will not be saved. Simple and sublime.

Your scripture also says:
D&C 130
Items of instruction given by Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Ramus, Illinois, April 2, 1843.

20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—

21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.
Doctrine and Covenants 130

LDS Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual Enrichment G, p. 395.gif

Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual, copyright 1981, Enrichment G, p. 395

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

A slight attempt at trickery there!

D&C 132
4 For behold, I reveal unto you a new and an everlasting covenant; and if ye abide not that covenant, then are ye damned; for no one can reject this covenant and be permitted to enter into my glory.

5 For all who will have a blessing at my hands shall abide the law which was appointed for that blessing, and the conditions thereof, as were instituted from before the foundation of the world.

6 And as pertaining to the new and everlasting covenant, it was instituted for the fulness of my glory; and he that receiveth a fulness thereof must and shall abide the law, or he shall be damned, saith the Lord God.

7 And verily I say unto you, that the conditions of this law are these: All covenants, contracts, bonds, obligations, oaths, vows, performances, connections, associations, or expectations, that are not made and entered into and sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, of him who is anointed, both as well for time and for all eternity, and that too most holy, by revelation and commandment through the medium of mine anointed, whom I have appointed on the earth to hold this power (and I have appointed unto my servant Joseph to hold this power in the last days, and there is never but one on the earth at a time on whom this power and the keys of this priesthood are conferred), are of no efficacy, virtue, or force in and after the resurrection from the dead; for all contracts that are not made unto this end have an end when men are dead...

11 And will I appoint unto you, saith the Lord, except it be by law, even as I and my Father ordained unto you, before the world was?

12 I am the Lord thy God; and I give unto you this commandment—that no man shall come unto the Father but by me or by my word, which is my law, saith the Lord...

18 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife, and make a covenant with her for time and for all eternity, if that covenant is not by me or by my word, which is my law, and is not sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, through him whom I have anointed and appointed unto this power, then it is not valid neither of force when they are out of the world, because they are not joined by me, saith the Lord, neither by my word; when they are out of the world it cannot be received there, because the angels and the gods are appointed there, by whom they cannot pass; they cannot, therefore, inherit my glory; for my house is a house of order, saith the Lord God.

19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, and it is sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of promise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the keys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto them—Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths—then shall it be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, that he shall commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my law ye cannot attain to this glory.

Doctrine and Covenants 132

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
God has shown to us the blessings that are given to through obedience:

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 5:10)

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

(New Testament | John 14:21)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

(New Testament | John 14:23)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

(New Testament | John 14:15 - 16)

15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

(New Testament | Hebrews 5:9)

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

(New Testament | John 17:3 - 6)

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
@Peter1000, God does not ordain His children to temple marriage.

Ephesians 1
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Your scripture says:

D&C 132

You've already said:

D&C 130
Items of instruction given by Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Ramus, Illinois, April 2, 1843.

20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—

21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

View attachment 269567
This is correct. What do you think it means to do those works that Jesus before ordained us to walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

What does it mean, "ordained before"? I means that there was a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven "before" the foundations of this world.
And when we obtain anything from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated. And we are to walk in those laws and do the works that we were ordained to do.

Exactly as JS, the prophet of God said.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Your scripture says:

D&C 132

You've already said:

D&C 130

View attachment 269567
This is correct. What do you think it means to do those works that Jesus before ordained us to walk in them.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

What does it mean to be, "ordained before"? I means that there was a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven "before" the foundations of this world.
And when we obtain anything from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated. And we are to walk in those laws and do the works that we were ordained to do.

Not the Law if Moses, but the Law of Christ.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

What does it mean, "ordained before"? I means that there was a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven "before" the foundations of this world.

God did not ordain temple marriage for anyone.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
God did not ordain temple marriage for anyone.
Yes He did:

(New Testament | Matthew 16:19)

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God may very well have ordained before that I should be temple married, and that I should walk in it. You have no idea if he did or did not.
Please provide evidence that the First Century church, which your church claims to be a restoration of, held marriage ceremonies in the temples.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God may very well have ordained before that I should be temple married, and that I should walk in it. You have no idea if he did or did not.

All Mormon marriages end at death. Temple marriage is not ordained by God. It is a Mormon delusion.

Upvote 0