• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Does God give Asperger's to some people so that they can get closer to Him?

Aleph.beth

Jul 12, 2019
aberdeen
✟10,825.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. I have two grandchildren diagnosed with autism. They have responded well to years of counselling and they are pretty stable now. The other two grandchildren do not have autism. The human race is fundamentally flawed because of the sin nature. There is a vicious enemy of every human named Satan, who by nature is a thief, a liar, a murderer and destroyer. God is Truth, Love, Giver, Deliverer, Creator and Life. Why would He give evil when He is fundamentally good?

Thank you Pete for the reply, which clarifies what you mean here. I was a bit antsi when I replied to several posts to this thread.

While I agree that we have an enemy, I do believe personally that we are created good.

In saying
Why would He give evil when He is fundamentally good?
you imply that Aspieness (and autism) is a result of the fall. As an Aspie myself I am coming to terms with being Aspie, but I do not regard it as part of the fall, but would rather look at it as being different (ie neurodivergent). In other words this is how God created me. God created many different people, and not all conform to the idea of "normal" that is commonly held.

Thank you for the reply and the thoughts and reflection it provoked in me.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes I can see the desire to be upfront about this and that is good.

However, the question of when to tell anyone is a moot one.
My gut reaction is not to say initially, for then you are making the autism into more than it may be for him and for her. It is not something to be hidden, but is it thee most important thing?

How about let them get to know each other, so that there is more of a context for her to place this bit of info. She may by then have had some experience of him and made a judgement herself as to how to approach the relationship (such as it is at that stage).

I think that 'relationship' has petered out. The lady concerned lives some distance from us and my son doesn't drive, so meeting up was difficult. Of course, they hadn't even got to that stage yet.

Gillian

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey Adreana,
I love your response. By the way, welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

TatiG

Nov 17, 2021
Florida
✟25,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello fellow aspies! It wasn't until this year in my 34th year of life that I confirmed my suspicion that I have had for a couple of years now. My whole life I have struggled with things such as social anxiety, symptoms that would mimic bi-polar disorder, OCD, and ADHD. I would struggle in school when I was overwhelmed and mentally overstimulated in class, but once I was set aside and away from everyone else, I exceeded and always have had a high IQ. No medication ever worked because all along it had been what they now call mild-autism level 1 (I still call it Asperger's).

I have an 8 year old daughter, she is my mini-me. We got diagnosed together. I have learned that it is a superpower. I am glad I am the way I am and so thankful because I believe that in many ways it has brought me closer to God and has helped me to see things in a way others might not.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello fellow aspies! It wasn't until this year in my 34th year of life that I confirmed my suspicion that I have had for a couple of years now. My whole life I have struggled with things such as social anxiety, symptoms that would mimic bi-polar disorder, OCD, and ADHD. I would struggle in school when I was overwhelmed and mentally overstimulated in class, but once I was set aside and away from everyone else, I exceeded and always have had a high IQ. No medication ever worked because all along it had been what they now call mild-autism level 1 (I still call it Asperger's).

I have an 8 year old daughter, she is my mini-me. We got diagnosed together. I have learned that it is a superpower. I am glad I am the way I am and so thankful because I believe that in many ways it has brought me closer to God and has helped me to see things in a way others might not.
Beloved one,
this is what we have heard:
“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭12:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Yes, we should wholeheartedly accept our inadequacy, for we will be richly blessed.

Sister Basilea Schlink encouraged me with her words:

Disappointments come from already wanting to see what we are first meant to lay hold of in faith.

Lord, I only want to go Your way.

When feeling put down, say, “That’s my place.”

When the going is rough, tell the Lord you are glad to do it for Him.

Don’t try to understand what God is doing. Just trust Him.

Learn to see God at work in the humblest and most insignificant beginnings.

Don’t ask what people want to hear. Ask what God wants them to hear.

Preservance is what counts.

It is the difficult days, not the good and easy ones, that bring precious and lasting fruit.

Live in the triumphant assurance: “Lord, when You humble me, You lift me up.”

When you feel helpless and humiliated, the way is paved for God to act.

His kingdom is built on ruins.

God never gives a commission without the guarantee of carrying it to a successful conclusion.

Remember, all great things in the Kingdom of God are small, despised and misunderstood when they begin.

In obedience keep following the path God is leading you on. It will end in glory.

Go on trusting that there is a meaning to the most meaningless paths.

To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen.

• Friendly
Reactions: TatiG
Upvote 0

TatiG

Nov 17, 2021
Florida
✟25,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Beloved one,
this is what we have heard:
“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭12:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Yes, we should wholeheartedly accept our inadequacy, for we will be richly blessed.

Sister Basilea Schlink encouraged me with her words:

Disappointments come from already wanting to see what we are first meant to lay hold of in faith.

Lord, I only want to go Your way.

When feeling put down, say, “That’s my place.”

When the going is rough, tell the Lord you are glad to do it for Him.

Don’t try to understand what God is doing. Just trust Him.

Learn to see God at work in the humblest and most insignificant beginnings.

Don’t ask what people want to hear. Ask what God wants them to hear.

Preservance is what counts.

It is the difficult days, not the good and easy ones, that bring precious and lasting fruit.

Live in the triumphant assurance: “Lord, when You humble me, You lift me up.”

When you feel helpless and humiliated, the way is paved for God to act.

His kingdom is built on ruins.

God never gives a commission without the guarantee of carrying it to a successful conclusion.

Remember, all great things in the Kingdom of God are small, despised and misunderstood when they begin.

In obedience keep following the path God is leading you on. It will end in glory.

Go on trusting that there is a meaning to the most meaningless paths.

To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen.

Amen! All glory to God! :raisedhands:

• Winner
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2022
✟8,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
God is interested in setting you free right now. You will for sure be free when Lord Jesus returns because our mortal bodies will be transformed. When you start to see yourself as God sees you, things will start to turn around. You won't care what other people think of you. God loves you just as you are. He also knows that you have great potential that needs to be unlocked. The truth will set you free - truth as God declares it to be, not what you think about yourself or anyone else's opinion.
I'm blessed by your comment. Thank you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought some may find it interesting to know that studies have been done amongst grand-children of those who were poisoned with mercury filled 'teething powders' in infancy, in Australia, the US and the UK, during the 40's and 50's, and show that they have a much higher chance of being on the spectrum.

I was a victim of 'Pink Disease' and strongly suspect I am on the spectrum though failed diagnosis. There area number of auties in the family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mercury/thimerosal has been ruled out as the major cause of Millennial autism.
ASD2 & 3 stayed on the rise after thimerosal was removed. 1979 changes to the formulation of the rubella vaccine are the more likely culprit.
(@bmjackson, that is not Aspergers/ASD1, the subject of the OP.)

River__raine

Nov 12, 2022
Vancouver
✟9,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Us people with autism/Asperger's do not Interact with the world that well. Then we end up lonely or we start learning and discovering newer things and some who might become Christians sort of get closer to God like myself. I feel like Jesus is the only person who can understand me without ever bullying me. When i close my eyes and pray to God I'm not shy, awkward or selectively mute like when talking to a stranger.

Also the Bible verse in John 15:19 is something I can so relate to!
Like i don't feel as if i truly belong in here. Everything is foreign and unnatural to me.
I hope when Jesus comes back to earth he'll take me away and heal my sick mind
God works in mysterious ways, like a loving parent he will do anything to prevent you from sin and keep you safe. If that means gifting you with Autism/Asperger’s then he will do it. He loves you and only wants the best for you.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The reason why the children/grandchildren are on the spectrum at a much higher rate,...
Aspergers (the topic of the OP) is not at a higher rate. Only injured/aggravated autism [ASD2 & 3] is.
...is because a mother's body dumps mercury on the foetus.
That is not true globally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Using cell cultures that are very similar to the placenta in the in vivo situation, Prof. Gundacker’s team showed for the first time that system L transports methylmercury like an amino acid. This also explains an earlier finding that foetuses have a higher concentration of mercury in their blood than the mothers. In effect, the placental transport mechanisms pump mercury into the unborn child’s bloodstream."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Using cell cultures that are very similar to the placenta in the in vivo situation, Prof. Gundacker’s team showed for the first time that system L transports methylmercury like an amino acid. This also explains an earlier finding that foetuses have a higher concentration of mercury in their blood than the mothers. In effect, the placental transport mechanisms pump mercury into the unborn child’s bloodstream."

Which country is this in, and what is the source of mercury being ingested by the mother?

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"This finding was the outcome of research carried out by a team from Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences and the Medical University of Vienna (both Austria).

In view of the placenta’s importance for the health of unborn children and expectant mothers, the gaps in our understanding of its transport methods are staggering. However, the KL Krems-MUV team is now rapidly filling in these blanks thanks to its international expertise and its methods, which are now firmly established."

You said "That is not true globally."

Can I ask you sir, to qualify this statement. You obviously have an agenda in wanting to deny what is well known amongst Pink Disease victims like myself, who have many ASD descendants and I am no mood to argue with suchlike.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You said "That is not true globally."

Can I ask you sir, to qualify this statement. You obviously have an agenda in wanting to deny what is well known amongst Pink Disease victims like myself, who have many ASD descendants and I am no mood to argue with suchlike.
I am giving you an opportunity to show how your scenario is a global phenomenon. Can you?
Most hypotheses like yours have been limited to first & second-world societies.

Though I found out about my ASD1 15 years ago (age 45), I made peace with other developmental issues 39 years before that (age 6). Being different is inconvenient, but one can still move forward if they can find work-arounds, especially with Jesus' help.

And I have children at all three severity levels of ASD.

(What does Pink Disease have to do with autism...? :scratch:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Why ? His Choice. He Has Mercy On Whomever He Chooses, and He Hardens the Heart of Whomever He Chooses.
But on topic, I'm glad your two have responded well. There is a world wide mom's group that regularly posts when some of their's "lose the diagnosis", and it is surprisingly frequent. Regular channels of the government don't help much in that direction, do they ?

God is in the business of saving, not destroying. Jesus said to let the little children come to Him. He raised a dead child. He cast demons out of them. I used to believe in the harsh God that looked for opportunities to crush people. I was wrong. That's Satan.

I know someone whose daughter has cerebral palsy. She blames God. "I'm a good person", she said to me. Drinking and smoking dope while pregnant? God did not make her do that.

Upvote 0