Does God ever lead or guide anyone into temptation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicReboMan

Always Hungry for Truth
May 19, 2005
Texas
✟1,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
EDIT : Thats good to hear my friend, but may I ask have you ever bothered reading the book of Job? Or if you have, what did you think?

Yes, I have read the book of Job several times. In fact, I read it last night. It is a wonderful book of insight. Do you have any specific questions regarding the book of Job that you would like to talk about?

Upvote 0

ToxicReboMan

Always Hungry for Truth
May 19, 2005
Texas
✟1,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Think about this for a minute. We KNOW where THE WORD (Jesus, Living Word/God in FLESH) is sown SATAN COMES to STEAL.

So, WHO was really tempted there in the desert? Jesus? Or SATAN?

Who was DEFEATED out there in the wilderness? Jesus or SATAN?

Satan was advised clearly BY THE WORD that 'thou shalt NOT TEMPT GOD.' And when Satan HEARD that...Satan LEFT Him because GOD told Him so right from HIS OWN MOUTH.

The reality of God being TEMPTED is pretty far down on my list of 'possibilities' BECAUSE He Is God. I know that God (Jesus in the flesh) was tempted LIKE we are but there is just a HUGE difference in 'us' being tempted and GOD being tempted. I personally don't see these temptations as being anything near similar. I am simply NOT GOD and that's all there is to the matter.

God did NOT lead Himself INTO temptation. God DID bring SATAN to His Face for the usual rebuke 'because' where THE WORD IS, then comes you know WHO. You know who's ARRIVAL is wherever THE WORD is SOWN. Satan arrives ON CUE...Satan is SUMMONED UP 'anytime' and 'anyWHERE' the WORD is sown. Jesus said this is the way it is and THAT is the way it IS.

Now isn't that just kinda plain ol' weird? But IT'S A FACT! A fact so tangible, even on this website or WHEREVER you heard THE WORD we see openly, with our eyes THE SEVERITY of the REVILINGS that transpire IN people, and we SEE this 'because' of the activity OF SATAN! To me it's more obvious than the big old bulger on the front of my face.

And when I 'saw' that this activity was TRANSPIRING in ME, I saw a great thing and a lesson that I NEVER forget. Even as I type to YOU I try to maintain my watch over this matter because I KNOW this is a factual WORKING in my own SELF. The SELF that I am commanded to HATE. And that which is others than I must ALSO hate if I am to be His disciple.

In a way then I do SEE that God LED Satan to HIMSELF to EXERCISE what Satan does and part of that exercise is to PROVOKE or to LEAD SATAN to perform TEMPTATION. Even tempting GOD, which is as we know 'stictly AGAINST the Law...;)'

Even to LEAD SATAN into UNrighteously KILLING God Himself IN THE FLESH, Gods Own Son...in preparation for the FINAL JUDGMENTof EXECUTION of SATAN. Where we read in the scriptures that the execution of Gods Son was to fulfill the scriptures...'they hated ME without a CAUSE' those whom God in Christ was 'referring to' was SATAN and his family. THEY are the ones who HATED without a CAUSE because there is NO CAUSE to HATE GOD...

Nor do we have CAUSE to hate God for His making and His 'interactions' with Satan, either THEN or NOW.

Temptation then in a multifaceted thing. God CAN and DOES lead SATAN into TEMPTATION...and SATAN proved this to be a fact in Satan's interactions WITH God. Yes, God does very much LEAD Satan to DO THIS and what SATAN does is 'resist' God. That's what God MADE Satan to DO and that is EXACTLY what SATAN does. And Satan is very good at this job I might add! A most UNworthy reactor who does so ON CUE every single time.

I'm going to put some more honey on this conversation if we can eat sum!

And with that I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree!!! Imagine THAT?!

How much baloney has SATAN tried to put into the world in this regards? Wow! Do you know how many 'believers' I have spoken with over the years who actually think that Jesus had lustful thoughts for women? Or any number of LIKE temptations that 'we' have? And I always know when I hear that WHO I am really speaking to in those people and IT AIN'T THEM, it's what THE TEMPTER put into their HEAD and into their MINDS.

Jesus HAD NO SIN period. Not even ONE SINGLE SINFUL THOUGHT. Not a ONE.

Far beyond possible. It is an open FACT. We CAN in fact link EVERY SINGLE SIN directly to THE DEVIL via 1 John 3:8. John the Apostle assuredly LINKS the DEVIL to EVERY SIN in that statement and I certainly am not about to be disputing that either. I have had MANY experiences in these matters and I do certainly KNOW my enemies and WHO they are and I know them by CONTACT and ENGAGEMENT 'personally.' (don't read too much into this...I don't know any demons names or anything like that) But I do KNOW that temptation is OF THE DEVIL and that THE DEVIL is linked to EVERY SIN.

Ah ha! Now you are tracking man! One of the greatest scriptures to me 'personally' is when I read Romans 11:32 and SAW that it was GOD HIMSELF who has in fact BOUND ALL MANKIND to DISOBEDIENCE and the 'reason' He did so is also right there in that scripture and it was for DIVINE INTENTION...absolutely DIVINE! Go read it sometime and tell me if you can see the 'purpose' behind this matter. It's QUITE interesting to say the least! And when I saw that I felt much better about the entire HUMAN RACE...and I hated Satan all the more...

This will get better...as there is more discovery involved here that you may actually enjoy...

But to you I would say to ENJOY those discoveries, BE ON GUARD first or you WILL be stolen from...

I am your brother and a fellow shield bearer/link for my commrades in the arms of FAITH...and God Himself will FIGHT for us in these matters! I see Him do it everyday.

And 'we' will LOVE Him for it!

squint

Squint,

After reading your previous post I think our understanding of this subject has been bridged a great deal. Much of it is semantics that we have to struggle to get past. I really could not find anything to disagree with in your last post. Not that I look for disagreements, on the contrary I always try to look for common ground. I thank you for your contribution to this thread. God Bless

A brother in Christ,

Daniel

:)

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Squint,

After reading your previous post I think our understanding of this subject has been bridged a great deal. Much of it is semantics that we have to struggle to get past. I really could not find anything to disagree with in your last post. Not that I look for disagreements, on the contrary I always try to look for common ground. I thank you for your contribution to this thread. God Bless

A brother in Christ,

Daniel

:)

Thanks D. Yeah, windy for sure...;)

I will leave your thread with a proof of the reality and workings of the TEMPTER: One that can be proven in the privacy of your own home. I hope you LIKE it. I call it the 'anti-Christ' test:

"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

Pulse check time!

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

Hagios17

Jesus is awesome
Mar 24, 2006
✟13,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I have read the book of Job several times. In fact, I read it last night. It is a wonderful book of insight. Do you have any specific questions regarding the book of Job that you would like to talk about?

Well, my first question is more of a statement, Wow you read fast! :p
And my second question is a question in statement form, I would like to know what you think about the roles God, Satan and Job play in The Book of Job.
My third question would be, Is there really any real difference between "Being lead by God into temptation" and "God allowing us to slip into temptation"?

Upvote 0

ToxicReboMan

Always Hungry for Truth
May 19, 2005
Texas
✟1,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, my first question is more of a statement, Wow you read fast! :p
And my second question is a question in statement form, I would like to know what you think about the roles God, Satan and Job play in The Book of Job.
My third question would be, Is there really any real difference between "Being lead by God into temptation" and "God allowing us to slip into temptation"?

Hagios17,

I don't remember how long it took me to read the book of Job, but it was probably a little over an hour. If I read any faster then I probably wouldn't retain as much detail as I would like. ;) Btw, Job's 3 friends speak a bunch of ignorance when it comes to the reason of Job's suffering. So, last time I read the book I just skipped their speeches and went straight to Elihu's speech.

As far as the roles that each play in the book...in a nutshell Job is the main character in the book. God is the protagonist and Satan is the antagonist. Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but your inquiry is just a tad on the broad side. But I'll continue the homework that you gave me. Let's see...God's role is one of defending the righteousness of Job and His decisions to abundantly bless Job. Satan's role is one of attacking Job's righteousness and accusing Job of only being righteous because God has abundantly blessed him. Job's role is one of learning. Learning to accept that God's plan and ways are greater and far above any human understanding and that no one can rightfully interrogate God about His decisions. So be it.

Concerning your final question...

In English, the word "lead" in the Our Father prayer insufficiently translates the meaning from the Greek verb. In other words, that verse could have been translated a little better. An example of a better translation is -- "and do not let us fall into temptation"

VI. "AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION"

2846 This petition goes to the root of the preceding one, for our sins result from our consenting to temptation; we therefore ask our Father not to "lead" us into temptation. It is difficult to translate the Greek verb used by a single English word: the Greek means both "do not allow us to enter into temptation" and "do not let us yield to temptation."

A brother in Christ,

Daniel

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.