Seek First the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness
Jun 15, 2015
Physically here but mentally with God.
✟43,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well that's bleak. Guess the only options are to be intimate with someone outside of marriage-sin-which I don't want to do. Or wind up a virgin and alone forever.

Hi Celticroots, first let me say God very very much loves you. The thing I wanted to say is you can have an intimate relationship without sex. Intimacy is what's in the heart. Sex is just another expression of intimacy.

And if you can find a guy who's willing to love you without engaging in sex (least till marriage), that's a blessing from God.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
@timewerx
To say you believe in Christ and with the same filthy mouth call Him a liar is insane, and shows you have no clue who He is because there is not a trace of fear of Him in your posts...

I don't think any less about Christ as you do.

I just don't think all kinds of lies are evil. Some lies even save lives, some even protect the innocence of children.

The lie that Jesus did in John 7:8-10 is harmless. It's no big deal. Doesn't make me think any less about Christ.

let me be the one to tell you that there should be. My suggestion is to stop posting on here, stop listening to whoever it is you listen to, actually read the Bible for yourself and pray to that God that He may have His way with you. Despite this message sounding harsh, I do care for you and will pray for you. It's tough love, you by all means need it.

I did exactly what you said here back in the year 2012 :)

I'll have to add that I eliminated every pre-conceived biases I had about religion when I started reading the Bible on my own.

Some of things I understood that you already know is the result of that study. :) I did not learn it from anyone.

One of the reason I left denominational Christianity is that each Denomination claims to be guided by the Spirit but somehow, each of them managed to disagree on a lot of topics. It doesn't add up. Simple reasoning will tell you either only one of them has the truth or NONE.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How will Abraham's descendants be as countless as the stars if there's no more marriage? You just need to go back and reread Paul's writing in different translations till it's clearly understood.

I don't think it's literal. Because overpopulation or high population density is directly responsible for pollution, destruction of natural ecosystems, misery, and poverty.

Is that God's Will, obviously not. God's Will is modeled after the Kingdom of God and in the Kingdom of God, none of those things exist.

I'm not saying that OT and NT contradict each other. But obviously priorities can change. Obviously there's a lot less people in the OT than in the NT. It would certainly be important to have many children in those times.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Having no one in your life is the safe option because it's impossible for a relationship to fail (the way your parents' did) if it doesn't exist in the first place. If this is true, then wouldn't God divert His pipeline of good men elsewhere? I mean, He doesn't want them hurt by broken women, amen?

Being single or married are both good options.

Jesus was single as well as many of the disciples and prophets.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
you'll need to do what everyone else has done and put in the work necessary to make yourself a woman that a godly man would want to make his wife.

the LORD certainly is not gonna lead you to be sexually involved in a relationship outside of marriage so marriage is the only option.

you should definitely pray on this matter but do understand that when you look at the people in the scripture they prayed and then did something. you have to take a faith step towards what you prayed for. God will do the rest.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But what if marriage isn't what God has in mind for me?

That, if I marry, I want it to be to the person He chose for me? I do believe God showed me that He has someone for me during a really difficult time in my life. I don't feel comfortable going into details.
Well, if God did in fact show you that he has someone hand-picked for you to marry, then he has marriage in mind for you, which should nullify the worry that God doesn't have marriage in mind for you. If he did not, then that's still nothing to worry about. Marriage introduces plenty of worries that single people don't have, so if God didn't have marriage in mind for you, he didn't have those worries in mind for you either.

You clearly want to marry the right person, but the truth is more important than the "what ifs" we have in our mind. In this case, it means that if you marry a Christian man who is Biblically single, he IS the right person for you from that moment forward. What you need to do to determine that is to have a healthy and God-honoring relationship with him before you marry him and before you agree to marry him.
Does He even care that, should I marry, I want to make my marriage work? That I don't want to repeat my parents' mistakes?
He created marriage, assigned it its value and purposes, and the commandments surrounding it. 1 Peter 5:7 says he cares for you. Why then, wouldn't he care?

Does He care about how much this means to me? Is praying for these things stupid?
It's not stupid to pray for these things, but the way you pray for them can either help you or hurt you. The way I see it, you can spin your wheels by fixating on your worries and pray accordingly, or you can trust what God has revealed through the Bible, pray according to that, and trust him to take care of you while you resolve to live wisely yourself, according to how Scripture teaches us.

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
@timewerx some things you say are true, others could be considered heresy. You're deeply decieved, which in a way is almost nice because it's so easy to recognize, but unfortunately there's a lot who don't know any better and may even give your statements some thought. Is it a light thing in your opinion to post on here? I know for most it is, but just know we'll be held accountable. To say you believe in Christ and with the same filthy mouth call Him a liar is insane, and shows you have no clue who He is because there is not a trace of fear of Him in your posts...let me be the one to tell you that there should be. My suggestion is to stop posting on here, stop listening to whoever it is you listen to, actually read the Bible for yourself and pray to that God that He may have His way with you. Despite this message sounding harsh, I do care for you and will pray for you. It's tough love, you by all means need it.

What a load of crap.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I post a question and it turns into an argument. That's the internet for you.

Well.... You asked "Does God Care?". That is one of the most fundamental questions in our world today, probably in the same league as "What is the purpose of life?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David4223

Matthew 11:28
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
Lancaster, NY
✟128,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
ADMIN HAT ON

Please remember to refrain from commenting on the character of the poster. Rather, keep your comments on the content of the posts themselves.

ADMIN HAT OFF​

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
God cares about someone calling you names and ridiculing you (Proverbs 18:21, Proverbs 12:18, Matthew 5:21-22). Normally people tell me to suck it up and deal with it like a man.

God cares about you enough to let you vent to Him (1 Peter 5:7). Normally people expect me to bottle it up since it's a sign of weakness to them.

God cares about your acts of kindness to even reward giving a cup of water to someone (Matthew 10:42). Normally people only honor my kindness when I give them wads of cash.

God cares enough about how you treat someone with a disability whether it be physical or mental (Leviticus 19:14). Normally people think I'm fair game because my Asperger's makes me a socially naive eccentric fellow prone to meltdowns. Besides, I should know better, right?

Finally, God cares about your singleness to the point where He promises you a monument and a better reputation in Heaven if you miss out on marriage and sexual relations (Isaiah 56:3-5). Normally people pressure me into having a girlfriend or at least get laid in order to be seen as a person and not some sniveling little misfit.

Point is, God does care about every little thing and its humanity's twisted thinking that is causing you more harm than anything else. I understand your need for love but its not the end of the world if you never get married. Marriage is only temporary while Heaven is forever. In Heaven there will be a kind of relationships with everybody that will be far more satisfying than anything here on Earth.

I admit, I myself often have difficulty with coming to terms with my own situation. Just place your trust in God that He will provide something better for you. If not in this life, then something even more better in Heaven.
Amen!!

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I understand your need for love but its not the end of the world if you never get married. Marriage is only temporary while Heaven is forever.

QFT!:oldthumbsup:

It's not enough to get frustrated over if God doesn't or even never answer that one.

I think God cares enough for Christ to tell us a few rules about marriage. However, God didn't guarantee marriage for all and we have so many examples in the Bible who walked with the Lord and died single.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jay Wolfe

Jul 12, 2017
Summerville
✟15,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi all.

I'll be 28 in a few weeks. Because of health reasons, I still live with my Mom, although living on my own with support is a goal I am working towards. I've only had one boyfriend whom I broke up with a few years ago. He was a good guy, but after a while, it became clear we weren't right for each other.

I am a Christian, having accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior listening to my audio Bible, and am making a point to deepen my relationship with Him and give my concerns to Him. I also have hobbies-archery, coloring, writing,etc. But I would like a long term relationship with someone eventually. I am no where near ready to get married. I am not completely off the idea, although I keep thinking about my parents' train wreck of a marriage and their divorce. They can't stand each other now.

I want an intimate relationship with someone-sex- but I want to do that in the context of marriage, because I don't need the guilt that comes with sin. But what if marriage isn't what God has in mind for me? Does He even care that, should I marry, I want to make my marriage work? That I don't want to repeat my parents' mistakes? That, if I marry, I want it to be to the person He chose for me? I do believe God showed me that He has someone for me during a really difficult time in my life. I don't feel comfortable going into details.

Does He care about how much this means to me? Is praying for these things stupid?

I feel old even though to most I am still young.
Wow! 28 too! Under no circumstance does reaching out to God--in any shape or form--make you stupid. You reaching out is a form of worship. Coming to him with any problem you face makes him your God. So do not be ashamed of that. And this is actually a very thoughtful question. You want intimacy and yet do not have the partner to possibly do that with, which would of course lead to frustration. The great thing about our God, is that he can see the core of us, the deepest parts. This means that he sees what you long for and is making a plan for it. "If it glorifies Him, ask the Lord the desire of your heart and he will provide." That's in the Bible, give or take a few words. You have to believe his taking you into account and have the patience to keep walking the path. Now... I could stop there. But I won't because this is the day and age when we, the Christian, are called to reach out to each other. We've been given the Holy Ghost and he provides us insight and strength to help one another. So I'm going to get a little personal. I was like you. I had the same question and I actually ended up on a dating site. Maybe that's something you should consider. It's harder to meet people IRL because SO many people are coupling up online and meeting each other after. Maybe that's something you should take the time doing. I've been with my girl for over six years and I met her on plentoffish.com so I can testify. I hope you find this man you need in your life and in turn find a deeper love for He who provides. If you have any further questions, here's access to my channel. I'll be answering any questions or concerns about our religion. Don't hesitate if you need anymore help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jay Wolfe

Jul 12, 2017
Summerville
✟15,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow! 28 too! Under no circumstance does reaching out to God--in any shape or form--is stupid. You reaching out is a form of worship. Coming to him with any problem you face makes him your God. So do not be ashamed of that. And this is actually a very thoughtful question. You want intimacy and yet do not have the partner to possibly do that with, which would of course lead to frustration. The great thing about our God, is that he can see the core of us, the deepest parts. This means that he sees what you long for and is making a plan for it. "If it glorifies Him, ask the Lord the desire of your heart and he will provide." That's in the Bible, give or take a few words. You have to believe He's taking you into account and have the patience to keep walking the path. Now... I could stop there. But I won't because this is the day and age when we, the Christian, are called to reach out to each other. We've been given the Holy Ghost and he provides us insight and strength to help one another. So I'm going to get a little personal. I was like you. I had the same question and I actually ended up on a dating site. Maybe that's something you should consider. It's harder to meet people IRL because SO many people are coupling up online and meeting each other after. Maybe that's something you should take the time doing. I've been with my girl for over six years and I met her on plentoffish.com so I can testify. I hope you find this man you need in your life and in turn find a deeper love for He who provides. If you have any further questions, here's access to my channel. I'll be answering any questions or concerns about our religion. Don't hesitate if you need anymore help.
ONE thing to note though. Do NOT get serious with anyone until they Skype or video chat. A lot of people can fake their pictures on their status. Be cautious of those that have excuses for no video chatting or that their camera's broken. My rule of thumbs that I don't make any bond official until I see the video. Happy hunting.

Upvote 0