Results are only viewable after voting.

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Neural pathways may be changing over time, but they don't do so randomly, but according to a multitude of factors. How your brain, and hence your mind, looks like at any given point is predetermined by those factors.

If the input and the equation (her neural circuits) stay the same, the outcome will also always stay the same.
but that has nothing to do with your thoughts; if it did, we would be able to read minds by simply looking at the brain; and as you know we don't have the technology to do that. Got anything else?

Ken

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
but that has nothing to do with your thoughts; if it did, we would be able to read minds by simply looking at the brain; and as you know we don't have the technology to do that. Got anything else?

Ken

wat

Your brain and its neural pathways have nothing to do with you thoughts? :doh:

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sandwiches

Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not quite; I'm saying you can't read all of a person's thoughts by looking at his brain.

Ken

How does that make thoughts not dependent on the state of the neural pathways that make up the brain?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How does that make thoughts not dependent on the state of the neural pathways that make up the brain?
Why don't you explain how it does. Explain how it is possible to look at a person's brain and be able to tell exactly what he is thinking.

Len

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Why don't you explain how it does.
Thoughts are a process resulting from the electro-chemical states of the brain and interrupting or altering brain activity interrupts and/or alters thought processes. There's hundreds of medical papers on the subject.

Now, if thoughts aren't a result of the state of brain states, then what are they, in your opinion? I have neuroscience on my side, so what evidence do you base your opinion on?

Explain how it is possible to look at a person's brain and be able to tell exactly what he is thinking.
Quote me where I said it was or we're done with that line of nonsense.

Upvote 0

AHJE

& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;
Jun 27, 2012
✟8,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The mind and body (of which the brain is part) are interconnected. KIND of like the software and its programs are interconnected with the hardware of a computer.

Yet the RATIONAL SOUL (with intellect and free will) is not material, but spiritual.

God bless you.

Upvote 0