Does Doctrine play any role in Salvation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What in the world are you rattling on about?

Rather than just throw empty charges at others, how about providing some actual evidence to back up your charge?

What have I taken out of context? My response to the example about microwave ovens was accurate. The example failed. As I showed.

What I do "on purpose" is to address the errors in posts. That's not cherry picking; it's addressing errors.

But, I'm willing to examine all your evidence.

I reported you in return - you're welcome for the "favor".

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I said this:
"What in the world are you rattling on about?

Rather than just throw empty charges at others, how about providing some actual evidence to back up your charge?

What have I taken out of context? My response to the example about microwave ovens was accurate. The example failed. As I showed.

What I do "on purpose" is to address the errors in posts. That's not cherry picking; it's addressing errors.

But, I'm willing to examine all your evidence."
I reported you in return - you're welcome for the "favor".
I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't report anyone. If you were told that you were reported, it wasn't by me.

And you didn't support the empty claims you threw at me.

Is that a reportable offense? lol

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I said this:

I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't report anyone. If you were told that you were reported, it wasn't by me.

Frankly I don't believe you; because the "report" was about my asking you if you had Autism. And that was reported as "goading". I did not ask that to "goad" you though. That was a legitimate question. I have a son with Autism and epilepsy and he often misses information. This is why I asked you if you just don't read carefully or do you have difficulty processing information. Or do you do this on purpose because I'm not the only one who notices:

1. you don't read carefully what's written.
2. you take things out of context.
3. you say someone says something they didn't say.
4. you certainly seem to misunderstand information that's presented.

For example - I made this statement concerning who did Jesus pay for their sin? One of the issues with universal atonement I pointed out was:

"2 people paying for the sin of one is not justice."

Your response to that was "Only one person pays for sin...."

That wasn't even in the ball park of what I was talking about. Issue with 2 people paying for the sin of one. If Jesus "already paid for my sin" and I end up in hell to pay for my own sin; that's two people paying for the sin of one and that's not justice; (not even in the fallen courts of humanity is that justice).

You totally missed the intent of the statement though. And I bet ya dimes to donuts you're going to miss it again!

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I said this:

I could very easily report you for telling Saint Steven that he wasn't saved.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the record.

From post #107
I said:
I'm not sure there is any such thing as "saving faith".
He said:
Then I'm not sure you have salvation.

From post #108
I said:
Careful. That's very close to a punishable offense around here.

From post #124
He said:
My comment was based on what YOU SAID.
If there is no such thing as saving faith, then there is no salvation in that viewpoint.
Simple as that.
I said:
I didn't say there is no such thing as saving grace.
I was objecting to your definition of it.

From post #130
I said:
But you said something to the effect that if I didn't agree with you I wasn't saved.
He said:
I said nothing of the sort.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Frankly I don't believe you;
I don't care what you believe.

because the "report" was about my asking you if you had Autism.
Yes, I remember that comment. I chocked it up to my general view from your posts. But I NEVER reported it. I don't bother reporting anyone. If they violate rules, I figure the mods will catch it.

If you were reported, you apparently offended someone else, and they reported you.

Did one of the mods inform you? Why don't you just ask them if I reported it?

And that was reported as "goading". I did not ask that to "goad" you though. That was a legitimate question. I have a son with Autism and epilepsy and he often misses information. This is why I asked you if you just don't read carefully or do you have difficulty processing information.
My posts have proven otherwise.

Or do you do this on purpose because I'm not the only one who notices:

1. you don't read carefully what's written.
I generally address each paragraph, if not each sentence. So your claim is empty.

2. you take things out of context.
No, I address what is written.

3. you say someone says something they didn't say.
I'm really tiring of your empty claims. Prove your claims.

4. you certainly seem to misunderstand information that's presented.
Maybe you are the one who has this problem.

For example - I made this statement concerning who did Jesus pay for their sin? One of the issues with universal atonement I pointed out was:

"2 people paying for the sin of one is not justice."

Your response to that was "Only one person pays for sin...."
I clarified your erroneous statement. 2 people never pay for the sin of one. That was my point.

See? #4 does apply to you.

That wasn't even in the ball park of what I was talking about.
Your opinion only.

Issue with 2 people paying for the sin of one. If Jesus "already paid for my sin" and I end up in hell to pay for my own sin; that's two people paying for the sin of one and that's not justice; (not even in the fallen courts of humanity is that justice).
Your error is thinking that people end up in hell to pay for their own sin. Where do you get that notion?

If Jesus didn't pay for the sins of mankind, just how many people did Jesus pay for? Be specific.

You totally missed the intent of the statement though. And I bet ya dimes to donuts you're going to miss it again!
Seems you just love to throw ad hominems.

But don't worry about me. I don't waste my time reporting the "sins" of others.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I could very easily report you for telling Saint Steven that he wasn't saved.
Before you embarrass yourself by making a false report, please cite the post # and what I actually said to St Steve.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
For the record.
I like that. Let's DO clear the air here.

From post #107
I said:
I'm not sure there is any such thing as "saving faith".
He said:
Then I'm not sure you have salvation.
I NEVER said "you are not saved". From YOUR own comment, I said that I'm not sure. iow, you don't give me any solid reason to assume your eternal state.

That's a far cry from telling you that you aren't saved.

From post #108
I said:
Careful. That's very close to a punishable offense around here.
And...what does this snippet amount to? A threat to me? Seems so. Yet you accuse me of reporting you. Sheeeeeesh.

From post #124
He said:
My comment was based on what YOU SAID.
If there is no such thing as saving faith, then there is no salvation in that viewpoint.
Simple as that.
I said:
I didn't say there is no such thing as saving grace.
I was objecting to your definition of it.
Again, I was commenting on what YOU SAID. And if there is "no such thing as saving faith", then there can be no such thing as salvation. Simple as that.

From post #130
I said:
But you said something to the effect that if I didn't agree with you I wasn't saved.
He said:
I said nothing of the sort.
Because I didn't.

Well, I'm glad we got all that off our chests. I sure feel better. How 'bout you?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Had nothing to "get off my chest".
Wasn't the one at fault.
Was trying to help you stay out of trouble and this is what I get for it.
IGNORE.
What makes you think I was ever "in trouble"? I didn't report you.

What you "got" for "it" was a clarification of facts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I clarified your erroneous statement. 2 people never pay for the sin of one. That was my point.

See? #4 does apply to you.

See, you proved my point again. You didn't get it.

Your error is thinking that people end up in hell to pay for their own sin. Where do you get that notion?

If Jesus didn't pay for the sins of mankind, just how many people did Jesus pay for? Be specific.

Why do people come under judgement if not for sin? You're argument is illogical. What is God going to judge men for; their looks? LOL

Your question is a straw man because you would not be able to tell me the specific number of all humans who ever lived. So - LOL

How many people did Jesus pay for? He specifically paid for the number of the elect. How many elect are there? Only God knows that!

We do know that because there are people who pay for their own sin. Scripture is clear on that! The entire human race is not elect!

Before you embarrass yourself by making a false report, please cite the post # and what I actually said to St Steve.

Saint Steven has already cited them for you. And shall I report that? Because he is correct!

So I reported you for posts # 252, 286, & 288

And as far as your assessment that "oh someone else must have reported you; because I didn't." You, me and St. Steven have been the only 3 people speaking to each other in this thread the past 2 days. So of the candidates who would have reported something I said to you in the past two days; you are most likely to be the reporter! And so thus; I still believe you are lying when you said you did not report the statement.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

268548_f6b6367616b23e577551e293b213bc90.jpg

After Staff Review
The Thread is Now
Permanently Closed

RV: Flaming & Goading
  • Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
  • Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
  • If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.
MOD HAT OFF

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.