• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured Does Doctrine play any role in Salvation?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Jair Crawford, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Righterzpen

The Righterzpen Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm

+824
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    I reported you in return - you're welcome for the "favor".

2. FreeGrace2

FreeGrace2 Senior Veteran

+1,273
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I said this:
    "What in the world are you rattling on about?

Rather than just throw empty charges at others, how about providing some actual evidence to back up your charge?

What have I taken out of context? My response to the example about microwave ovens was accurate. The example failed. As I showed.

What I do "on purpose" is to address the errors in posts. That's not cherry picking; it's addressing errors.

But, I'm willing to examine all your evidence."
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't report anyone. If you were told that you were reported, it wasn't by me.

And you didn't support the empty claims you threw at me.

Is that a reportable offense? lol

3. The Righterzpen

+824
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    Frankly I don't believe you; because the "report" was about my asking you if you had Autism. And that was reported as "goading". I did not ask that to "goad" you though. That was a legitimate question. I have a son with Autism and epilepsy and he often misses information. This is why I asked you if you just don't read carefully or do you have difficulty processing information. Or do you do this on purpose because I'm not the only one who notices:

1. you don't read carefully what's written.
    2. you take things out of context.
    3. you say someone says something they didn't say.
    4. you certainly seem to misunderstand information that's presented.

For example - I made this statement concerning who did Jesus pay for their sin? One of the issues with universal atonement I pointed out was:

"2 people paying for the sin of one is not justice."

Your response to that was "Only one person pays for sin...."

That wasn't even in the ball park of what I was talking about. Issue with 2 people paying for the sin of one. If Jesus "already paid for my sin" and I end up in hell to pay for my own sin; that's two people paying for the sin of one and that's not justice; (not even in the fallen courts of humanity is that justice).

You totally missed the intent of the statement though. And I bet ya dimes to donuts you're going to miss it again!

4. The Righterzpen

+824
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    I could very easily report you for telling Saint Steven that he wasn't saved.

5. Saint Steven

Saint Steven You can call me Steve Supporter

+2,300
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    For the record.

From post #107
    I said:
    I'm not sure there is any such thing as "saving faith".
    He said:
    Then I'm not sure you have salvation.

From post #108
    I said:
    Careful. That's very close to a punishable offense around here.

From post #124
    He said:
    My comment was based on what YOU SAID.
    If there is no such thing as saving faith, then there is no salvation in that viewpoint.
    Simple as that.
    I said:
    I didn't say there is no such thing as saving grace.
    I was objecting to your definition of it.

From post #130
    I said:
    But you said something to the effect that if I didn't agree with you I wasn't saved.
    He said:
    I said nothing of the sort.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. FreeGrace2

+1,273
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I don't care what you believe.

Yes, I remember that comment. I chocked it up to my general view from your posts. But I NEVER reported it. I don't bother reporting anyone. If they violate rules, I figure the mods will catch it.

If you were reported, you apparently offended someone else, and they reported you.

Did one of the mods inform you? Why don't you just ask them if I reported it?

My posts have proven otherwise.

I generally address each paragraph, if not each sentence. So your claim is empty.

No, I address what is written.

I'm really tiring of your empty claims. Prove your claims.

Maybe you are the one who has this problem.

I clarified your erroneous statement. 2 people never pay for the sin of one. That was my point.

See? #4 does apply to you.

Your opinion only.

Your error is thinking that people end up in hell to pay for their own sin. Where do you get that notion?

If Jesus didn't pay for the sins of mankind, just how many people did Jesus pay for? Be specific.

Seems you just love to throw ad hominems.

But don't worry about me. I don't waste my time reporting the "sins" of others.

7. FreeGrace2

+1,273
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Before you embarrass yourself by making a false report, please cite the post # and what I actually said to St Steve.

8. FreeGrace2

+1,273
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I like that. Let's DO clear the air here.

I NEVER said "you are not saved". From YOUR own comment, I said that I'm not sure. iow, you don't give me any solid reason to assume your eternal state.

That's a far cry from telling you that you aren't saved.

And...what does this snippet amount to? A threat to me? Seems so. Yet you accuse me of reporting you. Sheeeeeesh.

Again, I was commenting on what YOU SAID. And if there is "no such thing as saving faith", then there can be no such thing as salvation. Simple as that.

Because I didn't.

Well, I'm glad we got all that off our chests. I sure feel better. How 'bout you?

9. Saint Steven

Saint Steven You can call me Steve Supporter

+2,300
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Had nothing to "get off my chest".
    Wasn't the one at fault.
    Was trying to help you stay out of trouble and this is what I get for it.
    IGNORE.

10. FreeGrace2

+1,273
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    What makes you think I was ever "in trouble"? I didn't report you.

What you "got" for "it" was a clarification of facts.

11. The Righterzpen

+824
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    See, you proved my point again. You didn't get it.

Why do people come under judgement if not for sin? You're argument is illogical. What is God going to judge men for; their looks? LOL

Your question is a straw man because you would not be able to tell me the specific number of all humans who ever lived. So - LOL

How many people did Jesus pay for? He specifically paid for the number of the elect. How many elect are there? Only God knows that!

We do know that because there are people who pay for their own sin. Scripture is clear on that! The entire human race is not elect!

Saint Steven has already cited them for you. And shall I report that? Because he is correct!

So I reported you for posts # 252, 286, & 288

And as far as your assessment that "oh someone else must have reported you; because I didn't." You, me and St. Steven have been the only 3 people speaking to each other in this thread the past 2 days. So of the candidates who would have reported something I said to you in the past two days; you are most likely to be the reporter! And so thus; I still believe you are lying when you said you did not report the statement.

12. Mollie1

Mollie1 John 3:16 Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,266
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    MOD HAT ON

[​IMG]

After Staff Review
    The Thread is Now
    Permanently Closed

RV: Flaming & Goading
    • Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
    • Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
    • If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.
    MOD HAT OFF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.