Does christianity have "forbidden haircolours"?

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think it's best to do what you wish with your hair but, try not to be the only one standing out in the crowd..
M-Bob

Ok, Bob, See my hair gets greenishblonde if I do not put any colour in it. It get green from chlorine and swimming, But if i have some decent golden blonde colour with a copper hint of hairbalm then it never gets green or any rose tone.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This this is an entirely different problem.

You are in the middle a total and complete marriage breakdown.

You need to start taking action, like your entire life is on fire and burning to the ground... because it is. You just don't realize it.

None of what you said, can be fixed with hair color. Changing your hair color will not fix a inappropriate content addiction. Nor will it stop him from flirting with other women, while ignoring you.

If you doubt that, look at the women Trump was married to, and still went off after other women. Or Tiger Woods. Or Arnold Schwarzenegger.

All had beautiful wives, most were models, and yet they still ran off with other women.

You need to deal with this, with marriage counseling, or kicking this man out of the house until he shapes up. You can't win him over with a new hair color.

I do have trouble to understand why the outward things as haircolour is so condemned.

It isn't. Like I said, I don't know anyone who does.

I think it is wrong to let the men run wild with their lusts and blame it all on testosterone.

I never said that, and I don't know anyone who has. I never said that. Don't put words in my mouth, that I didn't say. I don't do that to you, so please don't do it to me.

Thanks, I´ve noticed that this marriage is far from perfect for at least 10 years now. But sometimes it is not as easy or sad as to kick people out or divorce. In some cultures maybe so. There are too many factors and people that run and decide things or are being plain difficult so I decided to stay put for now. I do think my kids need me more than any man in the world.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, Bob, See my hair gets greenishblonde if I do not put any colour in it. It get green from chlorine and swimming, But if i have some decent golden blonde colour with a copper hint of hairbalm then it never gets green or any rose tone.

Good for you my wife is a swimmer and has been since high school an excellent way to keep fit. I understand it can be a little rough on the hair.
Have a blessed day,
Bob

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks, I´ve noticed that this marriage is far from perfect for at least 10 years now. But sometimes it is not as easy or sad as to kick people out or divorce. In some cultures maybe so. There are too many factors and people that run and decide things or are being plain difficult so I decided to stay put for now. I do think my kids need me more than any man in the world.

Well that part is wrong. Kids do better with a father, than with a mother. That's simply a statistical fact. Kids growing up with one father and no mother, will do better than kids growing up with a mother, and no father.

If you doubt that, just go to some of the prisons where 95% of all inmates had no father growing up.

That said, my argument isn't to divorce, but rather to kick him out. There is a difference. Kicking the man out until he makes a choice about what to do in his life, can lead to restoring the marriage.

Divorce, doesn't generally lead to restoring the marriage.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Since I see a lot of hairart as a form of art and not as a form of seduction I do ask this question. I do understand that the bible says no braided hairs. Actually I am ok with braids too, but that is a different matter. Maybe that means no braids whatsoever, not even two straight braids. Todays world is different. "Proper" ladies nowadays too use haicolour and different hairdoes and braids and so does many christians and not so many use a bun on the top of their head and pins as was formerly religious fashion, besides that was braids too so that was probably also a sin in the book of books. So what do You do if You get tired of Your haircolour. Do You stick with it or Do You dye it, properly tamely or is artistic rose gold and purple red and turcoise blue also allowed? Or is that blasphemy? What about grey? Youngsters go grey nowadays. What You say? Not lightashblonde but oldagegrey. Well I did try wearing my own darkblonde for about 6 years thinking atleast my husband loved me, but then I realised my husband was watching other women much more frequently when I had no hairdye. So I went ahead one day and coloured it the way I wanted. I reasoned I can not dye or not dye my hair for His sake. He will not stay true to me no matter how faithful I would be, I would only be boring to Him without any colour. Today it is a proper blonde and I am ok with that. Well I am faithful in the sence of being faithful but I do colour my hair. But actually I do very little to my hair, it falls right every morning. I pull a brush through and wash my face and add a facial cream and I am ready to go. Easy as a pie.
I rather like it when women color their hair. It looks pretty cool. That's the good news.

The bad news is that most of the women who do that tend to be feminist cat-ladies.

I guess we take the bad with the good.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I rather like it when women color their hair. It looks pretty cool. That's the good news.

The bad news is that most of the women who do that tend to be feminist cat-ladies.

I guess we take the bad with the good.
Oh, no, today people with conservative lifestyles also use pink, purple and bright red some have stripes of turcoise and blue and green in black or platina hair or such. It is considered art, not punk or rebellion. It is supposed to match Your favourite clothes and make-up for some. They mean no harm to anybody. But I suppose it is not a style just anybody can wear.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well that part is wrong. Kids do better with a father, than with a mother. That's simply a statistical fact. Kids growing up with one father and no mother, will do better than kids growing up with a mother, and no father.

If you doubt that, just go to some of the prisons where 95% of all inmates had no father growing up.

That said, my argument isn't to divorce, but rather to kick him out. There is a difference. Kicking the man out until he makes a choice about what to do in his life, can lead to restoring the marriage.

Divorce, doesn't generally lead to restoring the marriage.

Would You do that, Kicking Your wife out of the house She also pays for? I can't kick my husband out of anything. We both pay for all here. I tried to leave once so I could have some peace and quiet when I needed and a short walk over to our house when I was needed and moved into the empty house nextdoor and it ended in tragedy so I gave up that fight. If I leave again I doubt it ends happy for anyone.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Would You do that, Kicking Your wife out of the house She also pays for? I can't kick my husband out of anything. We both pay for all here. I tried to leave once so I could have some peace and quiet when I needed and a short walk over to our house when I was needed and moved into the empty house nextdoor and it ended in tragedy so I gave up that fight. If I leave again I doubt it ends happy for anyone.

If you can't kick him out, then I would leave myself.

But the answer to your question is YES ABSOLUTELY. You bet I would. If my wife is staring at naked picts of other men, and ignoring me, or treating me badly, I would absolutely kick her out of the house. Or I would leave.

Because a marriage in that situation, is simply not going to last. It won't last. There is no way that marriage, in that condition is going to survive. So, better I make huge big issue out of it and try and save the marriage, by confronting that.... or ..... just divorce. Why would I spend years suffering in a miserable marriage, when it's going to end anyway? Better to end the marriage right now, and find a better woman. A moral woman, that doesn't do that.

I will either I force her out until she repents of her evil ways, or divorce immediately because there is no hope. But either way, I'm not going to waste years of my life in a terrible marriage, that simply isn't going to survive. Either fight for it now, or divorce it now. Life is way to short, for you bleed out your marriage over a decade.

Look... I have never understood this. The way your marriage is going right now, you are going to end up in divorce. You know it. I can feel it, in the way you are talking on this forum. If this continues into the future, at some point, you are going to snap, and divorce this guy anyway.

Better to force the issue now, and hope to fix your marriage. Force the issue now, while you still care.

You talk like you can't leave, or he can't leave, and yet in 5 years more of this, or 10, you'll divorce him and leave anyway.

And here's the kicker. When you move to divorce him, he'll snap out of this. He'll wake up, and realize his mistake, and want you back. But then it will be too late. You'll be gone. You won't care anymore.

So why not do that NOW.... while you still care? Force this issue now, while you still have a chance at saving this.

Now the mistake you made, is you didn't really go anywhere. If he knows where you are, then you didn't do it right. I'd be on the other side of town. I'd move in with my parents for a week. I'd go on a vacation to a resort somewhere.

But you don't tell him where you are. You leave when he isn't at home, and when he calls you, you tell him "I warned you, that if you keep treating me this way, I'd disappear. I'll call you in 3 days", and then hang up, and turn your phone off.

You don't talk to him. You lay down the rules, lay out the consequences, and then when he violates them, you simply enforce the penalty. The penalty is you disappear for a week. During that week, he doesn't need to know where you are. He doesn't need to talk to you.

You don't need to justify yourself to him. You don't need to explain it to him. You simply disappear, and after the week is up, you come home.

Another thing is...... you said "If I leave again I doubt it ends happy for anyone"....

Here's the deal.... Any problem that you do not fix, will get worse, and it will not end happy for anyone. You are on that path right *NOW*. If you do nothing, it will not end happy for anyone.

Taking action to fight to save this marriage, is the only chance you have. If you don't do anything, then honestly, I would advise you to start divorce action now. Why waste your time? It isn't going to get better if you do nothing, and since you are saying you intend to do nothing, then you might as well move towards the choice you are making by not doing anything. Just start divorce tomorrow.

That is not what I would suggest, but that is what is likely to happen. That's been my experience. All the couples I've met where they have a problem, and neither is willing to deal with the problem, the marriage usually ends. Very rare it doesn't.

The only other option you have, is going to be an even larger confrontation. You can try to reach your husband, by contacting everyone he respects. Call his friends, and ask them for help. Call his pastor, or church, or any religious group that he listens to. Call his parents. Call his sisters or brothers. Tell everyone what is going on.

Very few take that option, because it will cause problems. But I have seen a few that once they got over the anger of the spouse telling everyone, they relented to the peer pressure, and changed their ways.

But really, you are more likely to have success, if he comes home, and you are not there, and don't tell him where you are, and just say "hey you treat me that way, I'll be home in a week.".

And by the way, you may have to do this more than once. He may repent for a few months, and then start slipping back, and then you disappear for another week. Do not leave while he's home. Do not tell him where you are. He doesn't need to know. All he needs to know is that there are consequences to his actions.

And very last thing...... last thing.

If this guy absolutely does not respond to you, when you do this..... then truly he does not care, and nothing you do will fix your marriage. You might as well give up. Most guys will respond to this action by their wives. The ones that do not, are beyond help. Nothing you can do to fix those guys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why would I spend years suffering in a miserable marriage, when it's going to end anyway?
I do understand Your point of View Andrew perfectly well, if and only if we had a somewhat normal situation in life and lived in a civilised town where the country law was obeyed, but I do not live in such a place nor is our life somewhat ordinary. For example I had trouble sleeping last night because a field full of over hundreds of swans made such a loud noise nearby and those that rule in this place over this people have strange ideas of what is right and wrong. I can not answer that question of why, any better than saying that marriage is not the only important thing in life. For me the kids are more important than marriage and I rather live with them than risking to live without them and they too want to live with me in the family. After soon 20 years of marriage it takes a month to stuff and pack away all things and hide in some container on a secret place all things I do not want broken if I go away for a week and do as You say. I rather try to be in touch, be firm, take a week away but I doubt anything would change. Except perhaps rumors of that I am now perhaps upset with my husband and men and women might try to contact both me and my husband to try to persuade both of us into getting into relationship for their own happiness, but they rather not have our kids in the relationship. They only want to breed more kids as fast as possible as if we were some genepool.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Call his pastor, or church, or any religious group that he listens to. Call his parents.
Well First I talked with my mom and later with His enraged Father that said He needed to stop watching inappropriate content but His mom said a little sexwatching has never hurt anyone ( She is so wrong) and of course moms always support their sons, why would they not. My mom also think I am stupid that think he should quit watching it. So She only blames me, the pastor, he says all are sinners and yadiyadi, I quit being a member of that church because I found too much boose and Victoria secrets catalogues in that pastors house. I did not want my tithing to pay for that, I do not think it is such a nice job, I heard the jobdescription firsthand, did not take it. Well, I made it clear to my husband that to me inappropriate content is almost traumatic even before marriage so I consider Him a human of instinct more than a human with a spirit of God. But Yes I pray for Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus' Girl

❤️❤️❤️
Dec 27, 2016
✟26,747.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I once died my hair pink or blue and felt terribly bad doing so. I felt it was worldly and sinful. I still do now and can’t find any real reason why. I haven’t done any unusual colours since the pink and blue occasions..which was quite a while ago

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums