Does anyone watch Timeless?

aangel

Sep 25, 2014
✟14,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's late and I can't sleep. Trying to distract myself and I was wondering if anyone else watched this show. It comes on Monday nights NBC 10/9 central time. It's got time travel and a diverse cast. It's chock full of history lessons. I love that, for the most part, it's a family friendly show. The season finale is next week. I'm bummed that it's a bubble show, :disappointed: so renewal is up in the air. I'm hoping it comes back. I have don't have a lot tv shows that I watch.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's late and I can't sleep. Trying to distract myself and I was wondering if anyone else watched this show. It comes on Monday nights NBC 10/9 central time. It's got time travel and a diverse cast. It's chock full of history lessons. I love that, for the most part, it's a family friendly show. The season finale is next week. I'm bummed that it's a bubble show, :disappointed: so renewal is up in the air. I'm hoping it comes back. I have don't have a lot tv shows that I watch.

It's missing an ensemble cast required for long term success.
Great shows have a cast you can do anything with that are
likable as a group.

Upvote 0

Aryeh

Dec 4, 2016
Los Angeles
✟21,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

If it is on NBC, and it is a good show, it is destined to be cancelled :( . Maybe another network will pick it up.

NBC cancelled another show after one episode on which "Timeless" is almost EXACTLY based. It was called "Rewind." It was a great pilot with great feedback, and a lot of promise.

They also did similar with Jericho, Heroes, and other shows...

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I watched the first few episodes. It got old pretty quick.

The black guy complaining "that wasn't really a good time for us" every episode, as if we don't already know that the Democrats mistreated blacks, in the past turned me off and I get really tired of shows having to have some big conspiracy by some shadowy organization. That's what killed Burn Notice and Person of Interest.

It's just lazy writing.

If you want to see a good time travel show go check out Journeyman on Netflix or the old 60s show Time Tunnel.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Man In The High Castle is a pretty good show about time travel but there really isn't any time travel in the first season. The second season just started.

Upvote 0

aangel

Sep 25, 2014
✟14,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's missing an ensemble cast required for long term success.
Great shows have a cast you can do anything with that are
likable as a group.

The three main leads and how much they genuinely care about each other is my favorite part.

I watched the first few episodes. It got old pretty quick.
The black guy complaining "that wasn't really a good time for us" every episode, as if we don't already know that the Democrats mistreated blacks, in the past turned me off and I get really tired of shows having to have some big conspiracy by some shadowy organization. That's what killed Burn Notice and Person of Interest.

Rufus doesn't complain in every episode. Honestly, he could complain so much more than have him. It's pretty tame in my opinion. I appreciate a show that doesn't pretend like history was a picnic for black people or any other minority.

If it is on NBC, and it is a good show, it is destined to be cancelled :( . Maybe another network will pick it up.
NBC cancelled another show after one episode on which "Timeless" is almost EXACTLY based. It was called "Rewind." It was a great pilot with great feedback, and a lot of promise.
They also did similar with Jericho, Heroes, and other shows...

I'm hoping that they'll move it Fridays at an earlier timeslot. Grimm is in its last season so maybe this show could replace it. I never watched that show but it's a low-rated drama. DVR ratings are pretty good but a lot of people don't watch live because 10 is too late for them.

Upvote 0

Aryeh

Dec 4, 2016
Los Angeles
✟21,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The three main leads and how much they genuinely care about each other is my favorite part.

Rufus doesn't complain in every episode. Honestly, he could complain so much more than have him. It's pretty tame in my opinion. I appreciate a show that doesn't pretend like history was a picnic for black people or any other minority.

I'm hoping that they'll move it Fridays at an earlier timeslot. Grimm is in its last season so maybe this show could replace it. I never watched that show but it's a low-rated drama. DVR ratings are pretty good but a lot of people don't watch live because 10 is too late for them.

Grimm may be crash landing. A certain network allegedly did this with Jericho, and Heroes. The negative ratings may be purposeful draws from writing.

Jericho had a season (or two,) but, what "justified" the cancellation (the first time...) was a complete writing bomb. The plot and content took a sharp nosedive in quality all of a sudden. Confusing, disconnected... and then a REALLY good last couple of episodes before it is cancelled, or "completed."

This is what happened with heroes... three times premature cancellation, heavy fan demand, chaotic writing and great endings. They were even able to revamp a "1-season mini-series" in 2015.

I am just telling you to be cautious lol... I personally want to watch the show because I saw Rewind "live," and I was excited when I saw the trailer for the show.

Then I found out it was on a certain network, and I remembered what happened in the past with good looking shows.

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate a show that doesn't pretend like history was a picnic for black people or any other minority.

I understand that, but I just don't like to be preached at by television and I think there's also the danger of going too far the other way and making every black person a victim.

This is Black History Month and two of the books we're reading with our children this month are Booker T Washington's "Up From Slavery" and Burgess Owens' new book that discusses, among other things, "Black Wall Street".

Upvote 0

aangel

Sep 25, 2014
✟14,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is what happened with heroes... three times premature cancellation, heavy fan demand, chaotic writing and great endings. They were even able to revamp a "1-season mini-series" in 2015.

I am just telling you to be cautious lol... I personally want to watch the show because I saw Rewind "live," and I was excited when I saw the trailer for the show.

Heroes really lost the plot after the writers' strike and never really recovered. Oh, yeah I completely understand what you're saying I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about something even though it's small. I'm surprised I even got suckered into watching a show on NBC. There was a show I watched in 2010 and when it got canceled the same year I was so mad that I didn't watch NBC again until fall 2015. I used to call NBC the 'now being canceled' channel.

• Haha
Reactions: Aryeh
Upvote 0

Aryeh

Dec 4, 2016
Los Angeles
✟21,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Heroes really lost the plot after the writers' strike and never really recovered. Oh, yeah I completely understand what you're saying I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about something even though it's small. I'm surprised I even got suckered into watching a show on NBC. There was a show I watched in 2010 and when it got canceled the same year I was so mad that I didn't watch NBC again until fall 2015. I used to call NBC the 'now being canceled' channel.

I think Heroes lost it completely arond the time of the Company plot line - up to when Peter Petrelli got his powers sucked from him by his dad, and Claire got brain-assaulted by Syler. It just got weird after Peter, Hiro and others became depowered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aangel

Sep 25, 2014
✟14,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a big fan of time travel but not so much about history.

I'm not a huge fan of history myself but I think that the show does a great job of making it interesting. Tonight's episode they're going to back to 1931 it's going to feature Al Capone and Elliot Ness.

Upvote 0

BillieMae

Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2018
MECHANICSBURG, PA
✟26,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's back!

I'm new to this forum, and I'm also a fan of Timeless. When I found this thread and saw that the last post was last June, I thought I'd resurrect it.

I actually think it's better this year so far. I feel like I have a better feel for what Flynn's position is. I'm still confused, but not as much as I was.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums