Does anyone know, of a "worst case scenario" for Global Warming?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, but probably not in the sense you're thinking.

If you look at the whole context, starting around 5:11, this is a condemnation of national leaders who are more concerned about their own ease that the job God gave them. Sheol enlarging its mouth and taking more people in is a consequence of that. You can make a good case that global warming is at least in part due to global leadership not being willing to face a difficult task.
I ain't touching that! ;)

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well if the globe is actually getting warmer, it could be due to this:

Isaiah 5:14a Therefore hell hath enlarged herself,

Nothing to do with how the Gulf Stream and the Thermohaline Circulation keeps high latitude western Europe warmer than the latitude would normally see.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing to do with how the Gulf Stream and the Thermohaline Circulation keeps high latitude western Europe warmer than the latitude would normally see.
Correct.

If Hell is enlarging, and western Europe is getting warmer, and it is not getting warmer by the Gulf Stream and Thermohaline Circulation, then it could be because Hell is enlarging.

• Haha
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Correct.

If Hell is enlarging, and western Europe is getting warmer, and it is not getting warmer by the Gulf Stream and Thermohaline Circulation, then it could be because Hell is enlarging.

Ummmm.... OK. You DO realize one of the primary reasons YOUR Christian faith has gained dominance is in no small part because of the role of Europe in the world and of course Europe (especially western Europe) has had a moderate climate for the last several thousand years or so precisely because it was warmer than one would normally expect for a high latitude place, so by that reasoning hell's expansion-based warming of Western Europe has helped bring about the expansion of Christianity across the globe.

Is that what you were hoping would be the outcome of your hypothesis there?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ummmm....
I said:

If western Europe is getting warmer.

And I reason I said that, is because you said:
Fun aspect of the shutdown of the Thermohaline Circulation in the Atlantic is that it would cause Western Europe to get COLDER even though (and actually BECAUSE) the globe is getting warmer.
I assume western Europe is on the globe?

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I said:

If western Europe is getting warmer.

And I reason I said that, is because you said:

I assume western Europe is on the globe?

So you didn't understand what I was talking about? That's fine. Sorry! Here, let me explain it for you a bit more clearly (my apologies for passing it too quickly):

Western Europe is warmer than it should be at its latitude because of the Gulf Stream (or more accurately the Thermohaline Circulation in the North Atlantic). WITH GLOBAL WARMING there is a real chance that the Thermohaline circulation will shut down (due to the melting of glaciers on Greenland dumping fresh water in the northern arch of the THC) which would cause western Europe to GET COOLER. LOCAL COOLING due to GLOBAL WARMING.

If you want to link Western Europe's warmer status with hell expanding then it has nothing to do with the topic I was discussing since my discussion was about western Europe getting COOLER in the case of a shutdown of the THC.

Hope that clears it up.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
The worst case scenario for global warming is that global cooling emerges.

Then the globalists will lose their biggest hope to move the ancient boundary stones.

By your calculations, what is going to kick off "global cooling"? I'd be interested to see what forcings you calculate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,329.00
Faith
Atheist
Worst case scenario? Venus.

"The CO2-rich atmosphere generates the strongest greenhouse effect in the Solar System, creating surface temperatures of at least 735 K (462 °C; 864 °F). This makes Venus's surface hotter than Mercury's, which has a minimum surface temperature of 53 K (−220 °C; −364 °F) and maximum surface temperature of 700 K (427 °C; 801 °F), even though Venus is nearly twice Mercury's distance from the Sun and thus receives only 25% of Mercury's solar irradiance. This temperature is higher than that used for sterilization.

Studies have suggested that billions of years ago Venus's atmosphere was much more like Earth's than it is now, and that there may have been substantial quantities of liquid water on the surface, but after a period of 600 million to several billion years, a runaway greenhouse effect was caused by the evaporation of that original water, which generated a critical level of greenhouse gases in its atmosphere."​

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0